You are not logged in.

Global Announcement

Dear visitor, welcome to Ikariam.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

David Munter

Swordsman

• "David Munter" is male

Alliance(s): URN, RIP, HONOR, SKULL, BRO, STEEL

Servers: Alpha
Beta
Ny
Test Server

Aliases: Leader of HONOR on NY, Leader of RIP on the test server, Admiral MadDwarf Munter, Admiral MadDog Munter, MSst Munter, MSgt Dave

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 2:34am

I'm attacking level 38 barbarians

FYI, I am attacking level 38 barbarian as I type this, So that others may get an idea of what they will see. Here is the data

Battle for Barbarian Village
(17.12.2015 0:47:47)
Round 1 / 7
David Munter[RIP]
vs
Barbarians

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam Giant............................98(-6) - .............................................
Sulphur Carabineer.....................70(-0) - .............................................
Mortar.................................30(-0) - .............................................
Cook...................................20(-0) - .............................................
............................................. - Wall....................................6(-1)
............................................. - Barbarian Ram..........................40(-0)
............................................. - Barbarian-Axe Swinger.................775(-0)
............................................. - Barbarian Knifeman....................300(-0)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbarians has joined the battle on the defender's side with the following units:
Barbarian-Axe Swinger: 775, Barbarian Knifeman: 300, Barbarian Ram: 40

David Munter[RIP] is joining the battle on the attacker's side with the following units:
Sulphur Carabineer: 70, Steam Giant: 104, Mortar: 30, Cook: 20

I can pillage :
110,850 Gold
73,680 Wood
33,542 Wine
28,301 Marble
18,868 Crystal
24,109 Sulfur

The combat will take 10-11 rounds . I had balloons swordsmen, more of everything join me in later rounds. But this show you what they have to oppose me. At the moment I can't us my forge, but when it is active my swordsmen have kill nearly three barbarians for each swordsmen lost. Without the forge it's still 60/40.
Last level cost me 12 Steam giants and 161 swordsmen.
I will not be able to carry away all the loot at one time. I have sent my swordsmen and other faster troops to join separately with all cargo ships attached to them. Since it takes time for the barbarian to regenerate, I can launch a second attack that only has their walls to deal with and still have time to pick up the rest of the resources.
I am told that at level 40 the barbarians start getting their catapults which are the equivalent of our mortars. You may want to consider not attacking them after the get to level 38. That way the only have rams and can not breach your level 26 walls. Once you get one of their towns to level 39 go attack another town and build them up to get your loot I figure that with 4 level 38 barbarian towns I can hit each one once per day and bring in 450,000 gold and 800,000 resources a day for a cost of 80 SG's and 600 swordsmen.
:ship:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "David Munter" (Dec 17th 2015, 2:39am)

David Munter

Swordsman

• "David Munter" is male

Beta
Ny
Test Server

Aliases: Leader of HONOR on NY, Leader of RIP on the test server, Admiral MadDwarf Munter, Admiral MadDog Munter, MSst Munter, MSgt Dave

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 3:10am

Final battle for the above fight

Here is the final combat report for the level 38 barbarians I referenced in my previous post. This level cost lots more in the way of SG's and swordsmen

(17.12.2015 3:02:47)
David Munter[RIP] from Port Forlorn, Last Port Bar
vs
Barbarians from Port Forlorn

............................................. - Barbarians............................0(-775)
............................................. - Barbarian Knifeman....................0(-300)
............................................. - Barbarian Ram..........................0(-40)
............................................. - Wall....................................0(-7)
Sulphur Carabineer....................231(-0) - .............................................
Steam Giant...........................84(-70) - .............................................
Mortar.................................72(-0) - .............................................
Cook...................................20(-0) - .............................................
Swordsman...........................240(-180) - .............................................
Balloon-Bombardier.....................90(-0) - .............................................
Doctor.................................10(-0) - .............................................
Generals.................................-650 - Generals....................................0
Offensive points............................0 - Defence points...........................1625
Damage Received.........................32500 - Damage Received.............................0
Damage Percent...........................100% - Damage Percent.............................0%

Winners: David Munter[RIP]

Losers: Barbarians

The town Barbarian Village has been pillaged by David Munter[RIP]. The following resources have been stolen: 110,850 Gold, 40,658 Building material, 18,509 Wine, 15,617 Marble, 10,412 Crystal glass, 13,304 Sulphur

Barbarians's army has been completely destroyed.

In 43 minutes I will have my ships back and can attack them before they regenerate. That will get me the rest of their resources

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 9:50am

Barbarians

Yes, they can attack any of your town on that island.
Thanks!

hendrik

Battering Ram

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 11:50am

Barbarians

Please post us the response from the barbarians to you.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only true God.
Reverend Hendrik is available for (gay) weddings, baptisms and funerals. Call now to book: 666 - 666 - 666.

David Munter

Swordsman

• "David Munter" is male

Beta
Ny
Test Server

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 11:59am

The barbrians strike back

Well this was a surprise

Battle for Port Finale
(17.12.2015 9:35:12)
Barbarians from Barbarian Village
vs
David Munter[HONOR] from Port Finale

............................................. - Slinger.................................0(-6)
............................................. - Cook...................................57(-0)
............................................. - Wall....................................4(-3)
Barbarian Clubman....................139(-36) - .............................................
Barbarian Catapult.....................12(-0) - .............................................
Military....................................0 - Military.................................-2.4
Offensive points............................6 - Defence points..............................0
Damage Received.............................0 - Damage Received..........................1685
Damage Percent.............................0% - Damage Percent...........................100%

Winners: Barbarians

Losers: David Munter[HONOR]

The town Port Finale has been pillaged by Barbarians. The following resources have been stolen: 3,058 Building material, 667 Wine, 6,374 Marble, 898 Sulfur

As the only thing left of David Munter[HONOR]'s army were the flight or artillery units, they have withdrawn.

The attackers won the battle because they penetrated the wall and because the defenders did not have any units on site to close the breach.

This was on an island where the barbarian town was only level 15. They do not have catapults on defense, but came up with them on offense. What a revolting development. The town in question has level 35 walls but only slingers in defense. Will have to adjust for that by putting a few SG's , mortars, balloon etc in each town on the island. This was not the town I had been attacking from

Alliance(s): -HH-. Formerly TA42, BOLT

Servers: Ny

Monday, December 21st 2015, 4:46am

Resource Occupation

Has anyone had the barabarians occupy their resource deposits? How do they "and frustrate your resource gathering."?

David Munter

Swordsman

• "David Munter" is male

Beta
Ny
Test Server

Tuesday, December 22nd 2015, 1:14am

Barbarians occupy resource points

Yes the barbarian do occupy resource production site, though only luxury resources. It reduces your production by 40%. To clean them out you attack their town but don't get to pillage it. I have actually sent a pillage effort off and had the barbarian "Occupy" while the attack was enroute, turning it into a clearance attack rather than a pillage. I have not seen them occupy resources while a battle was actually taking place, though I have seen them attack my town while I was attacking theirs.

For defense, so far if you have over a level 30 wall, a full line of mortars, a line of balloons and some heavy infantry, you seem to be safe from attack. Their catapults get destroyed before they fire and they don't even scratch the wall. Their infantry just dies out battering against the walls. This works up through level 35 towns, SO FAR!!!

Lavidar

Battering Ram

• "Lavidar" is male

Beta
Ny

Tuesday, December 22nd 2015, 3:35am

This just happened to me today...

I was on the middle of an attack on the barbarians, I think 3 or 4 rounds into combat, and the barbarians occupied my resources.

Big Ten 22.12.2015 2:05 The barbarians have set their brigands on us. They're siphoning off 40 percent of our luxury resource production on the island of Nopios. We should chase the brigands away as soon as possible!

So, I clicked their village and saw that I could drive them away. Figured it would be worth the try.. So, I sent some mortars and hops. My troops joined combat, and it changed the mission.

Big Ten 22.12.2015 2:48 Your troops have arrived in the city Barbarian Village and are joining the ongoing battle. View combat report.

I freed my resources, but got no pillage, even tho I had 244 ships with the initial attack.

Big Ten 22.12.2015 2:51 We`ve driven the brigands away! Our workers can continue transporting the goods to our towns again as normal.

(22.12.2015 2:51:28)
Lavidar from Big Ten
vs
Barbarians from Big Ten

............................................. - Barbarians............................0(-375)
............................................. - Barbarian Knifeman.....................0(-72)
............................................. - Barbarian Ram..........................0(-18)
............................................. - Wall....................................0(-7)
Sulfur Carabineer......................98(-0) - .............................................
Swordsman.............................240(-0) - .............................................
Hoplite..............................978(-32) - .............................................
Balloon-Bombardier.....................60(-0) - .............................................
Ram....................................18(-0) - .............................................
Mortar.................................30(-0) - .............................................
Cook...................................10(-0) - .............................................
Military................................-44.8 - Military....................................0
Offensive points............................0 - Defence points............................112
Damage Received..........................2240 - Damage Received.............................0
Damage Percent...........................100% - Damage Percent.............................0%

Winners: Lavidar

The miracle of Lavidar 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 2:06:28)
The miracle of Lavidar 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 2:21:28)
The miracle of Lavidar 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 2:36:28)
The miracle of Lavidar 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 2:48:15)

Anyway, dunno if it is supposed to do that, or its a bug. Would be good to know.

David Munter

Swordsman

• "David Munter" is male

Beta
Ny
Test Server

Tuesday, December 22nd 2015, 6:54pm

Bararians useless attack

The following is an attack on my town with level 33 walls and 30 balloons to defend.
Battle for Port Finale
(22.12.2015 18:35:25)
vs
Tim the Hobbit[HONOR] from My Sulpher II, David Munter[HONOR] from Port Finale, Port Seattle

............................................. - Sulfur Carabineer.....................135(-0)
............................................. - Swordsman..............................80(-0)
............................................. - Steam Giant...........................112(-0)
............................................. - Balloon-Bombardier.....................30(-0)
............................................. - Mortar.................................24(-0)
............................................. - Cook...................................67(-0)
............................................. - Wall....................................7(-0)
............................................. - .............................................
............................................. - .............................................
Barbarians............................0(-540) - .............................................
Barbarian Knifeman....................0(-240) - .............................................
Barbarian Catapult.....................0(-45) - .............................................
Military....................................0 - Military....................................0
Offensive points............................0 - Defence points..............................0
Damage Received.............................0 - Damage Received.............................0
Damage Percent.............................0% - Damage Percent.............................0%

Winners: David Munter[HONOR]

Losers: Barbarians, Tim the Hobbit[HONOR]

367 units from David Munter[HONOR] are protecting the town of Port Finale.

81 units from David Munter[HONOR] are protecting the town of Port Finale.

Tim the Hobbit[HONOR]'s army has fled because they were exhausted from fighting.

The miracle of David Munter[HONOR] 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 17:05:25)

The miracle of David Munter[HONOR] 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 17:12:27)

The miracle of David Munter[HONOR] 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 17:35:25)

The miracle of David Munter[HONOR] 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 17:50:25)

The miracle of David Munter[HONOR] 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 18:05:25)

David Munter[HONOR]'s army has been called back and have left the battlefield.

The miracle of David Munter[HONOR] 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 18:15:07)

David Munter[HONOR]'s army has been called back and have left the battlefield.

The miracle of David Munter[HONOR] 'Hephaistos` Forge' is activated. (22.12.2015 18:35:25)

The battle lasted 38 rounds. The barbarian catapults never got a chance to fire. My balloons killed them before they could throw a single shot. It took two rounds to destroy them all. After that the barbarians light and heavy infantry were just beating their heads on the wall. Once my mortars and long distance fighters ran out of ammo, the walls were killing about 7 of the enemy TOTAL each turn. This took place overnight. When I woke up and saw the ongoing attack, it was round 35. I sent additional balloons, artillery and long range fighters to end the fight. Otherwise it would have continued for 20-30 more rounds before the barbarians finally killed them selves off. With no damage to ANY of my units.

The conclusion to be made from this is that with level 33 walls (and probably level 26 walls) and 30 balloons, your town is invulnerable to barbarian attack until they get fighter pilots and balloons of their own. So far I have not seen that happen. Also noted was the fact that allies in your town do participate in the defense, even though they can't join you in attacking the barbarian town itself.

From " I fought the barbarians and won!" by David "MadDwarf" Munter

"bombadier" :ram-ani:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "David Munter" (Dec 22nd 2015, 6:58pm)

Saturday, December 26th 2015, 8:49pm

At level 30+ the barbarians have a great big chess board in their village. They are faux-barbarians :lolbash:

devo13az

Catapult

• "devo13az" is male

Alliance(s): Beta - HELL, Ny - GoCry / HELL

Servers: Beta
Ny

Aliases: d3v0, devo13

Monday, December 28th 2015, 4:25am

Level 41 Barbarians

Here is my attack on a level 41 town....took 3 trips with 192 ships to clear all the resources. 3 hours to regenerate. I had forge running and not paying attention to the battle.

(28.12.2015 1:36:13)
d3v0[URN] from -C1-
vs
Barbarians from -C1-

............................................. - Barbarians...........................0(-1000)
............................................. - Barbarian Knifeman....................0(-390)
............................................. - Barbarian Axe Thrower.................0(-280)
............................................. - Barbarian Ram..........................0(-40)
............................................. - Barbarian Catapult......................0(-5)
Hoplite..............................97(-114) - .............................................
Steam Giant..........................113(-35) - .............................................
Balloon-Bombardier.....................75(-0) - .............................................
Ram....................................30(-0) - .............................................
Doctor.................................20(-0) - .............................................
Cook...................................53(-0) - .............................................
Mortar.................................24(-0) - .............................................
Sulfur Carabineer.....................188(-0) - .............................................
Swordsman............................394(-20) - .............................................
Military...............................-400.6 - Military....................................0
Offensive points............................0 - Defence points.........................1001.5
Damage Received.........................20030 - Damage Received.............................0

Winners: d3v0[URN]

The town Barbarian Village has been pillaged by d3v0[URN]. The following resources have been stolen: 126,150 Gold, 38,145 Building material, 18,514 Wine, 13,306 Marble, 10,414 Crystal glass, 15,621 Sulfur

They definitely have better troops when attacking. This attack happened while I was attacking their cities, so don't be surprised if more troops show up...My wall was only level 5 at this time and was strong enough to keep them out...the balloons probably helped though. :D

Battle for -C1-
(27.12.2015 13:50:27)
vs
d3v0[URN] from -C1-

............................................. - Sulfur Carabineer.....................188(-0)
............................................. - Spearman................................2(-0)
............................................. - Swordsman.............................414(-0)
............................................. - Hoplite...............................266(-0)
............................................. - Steam Giant...........................163(-0)
............................................. - Gyrocopter.............................30(-0)
............................................. - Balloon-Bombardier.....................30(-0)
............................................. - Ram....................................30(-0)
............................................. - Catapult...............................22(-0)
............................................. - Mortar.................................66(-0)
............................................. - Doctor.................................20(-0)
............................................. - Cook...................................53(-0)
............................................. - Wall....................................7(-0)
Barbarians............................0(-545) - .............................................
Barbarian Knifeman....................0(-100) - .............................................
Barbarian Axe Thrower.................0(-130) - .............................................
Barbarian Catapult.....................0(-45) - .............................................
Military....................................0 - Military....................................0
Offensive points............................0 - Defence points..............................0
Damage Received.............................0 - Damage Received.............................0
Damage Percent.............................0% - Damage Percent.............................0%

Winners: d3v0[URN]

DAWN Alliance ( international terrorist organizations )
-They're very brutal , attacking any player much resources......

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "devo13az" (Dec 28th 2015, 4:31am)

Monday, December 28th 2015, 5:49am

Barbarians Reducing In Level

Anyone know how long it takes for barbarians to drop down a level when you do not attack them?

David Munter

Swordsman

• "David Munter" is male

Beta
Ny
Test Server

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 10:40pm

A odd discovery about game mechanics

And another interesting bit of information
I had been pillaging the barbarian village on one island and gotten the village up to a level 33. Then for reasons not having to do with the barbarians, I relocated the town to another island with better production and wonder status using ambrosia. Low and behold the barbarian village on that new island is LEVEL 1. I had another town there and had not attacked that barbarian village.

I do not know if the level 33 village would have moved with me to the new location if I had not already had a town on that island. But for what it is worth it seems I have found a way to knock the Barbarians back down to starting level.

This was not my intention but merely a side effect of an unrelated action. If anyone moves a town to an island where they don't already have a town, I would be curious to see what happens to the level of the barbarians.
:barbarian:

As to the time for the town to reduce in level, that seems to be based on the level the town is at. A level 2 town seems to revert to level 1 in under a day. A level 39 town seems to take a couple weeks to go to level 38. And it appears that above level 40 never drops below level 40. Towns 31-39 never go below 30. Etc.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "David Munter" (Jan 13th 2016, 10:46pm)