Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 356.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Inactive Players, Lonely Island

DarkHelmet - - Game

What you're referring to is the attrition of player loss and players moving from one new server to the next. There is nothing "unfair" about it but the natural order of games such as this when new servers are opened up to give players another shot at being #1. Those that stick around are generally in a ghost town so if you want to see civilization again the game can relocate you for a bit of Ambrosia. Otherwise, you must make the tough call of relocating to more greener pastures the hard way(dem…

• Update 7.10.0

DarkHelmet - - General

Not only no announcement but no in-game changelog explaining why either. Has Ikariam fallen so hard that they can't even say one tiny word in a changelog?

• Hmm is that so Kaleg? Then where are you then on the new server?

• Not to piggyback off of Spidey but Nomocracy is, in effect, the best Government to go gangbusters on with respect to Expansion. The consequence of ships taking longer to load isn't so bad if you got adequate Trade Ports and, if necessary, a Hermes Wonder to boost loading speed further. Then when you finish Expanding and have gotten a handle on Corruption, Democracy for the flat Satisfaction boost and CT Research is the optimal Government to switch to. I mean sure if you're into using Wonders all…

• The State of TRADE

DarkHelmet - - Pink BunNy Dungeon

Heh back before they put limits on trading goods(aka back on Chi where I started before the two server merges), I sold Wine at 4/piece or just above cost and bought Marble at 6+ since I was helping people in my area with Wine and Gold while they expanded to Marble and other luxuries. Combined with the fact they were Pirate Feeders meant they got a portion of the evaluation spoils and I was able to buy a portion of what they got. Since I helped them out with Gold and Wine, I was left alone to bui…

• Update 7.10.0

DarkHelmet - - General

Heh smh... Red only makes the game easier as I see it. If it were Blue, it would have been interesting to see if they'd allow players to build two Shipyards or heck three Trade Ports.... lol. Yellow wouldn't make sense without a change to the combat system or something and Black would be downright BS for those who hate Piracy to begin with. Here's a default Town layout with 15 build slots: Palace/GR 4 Warehouses Academy Tavern Museum Carpenter Architect <- replaced if done building(which with ne…

• Update 7.10.0

DarkHelmet - - General

What type of build slot is it(Red, Blue, Yellow or Black?) and where is it located? Don't feel like taking the time to create an account just to see its placement but I'd wager somewhere on the right side or down on the lower left.

• Yes Kaleg is insane but then I'd be a hypocrite in saying so since if I opt to try the new world they're starting up tomorrow, I too would be insane. Plus with the new build slot, here's my 100% passive strategy: Set up on a Wine Athena Island. Athena is a decent wonder but not sought after like Hephaestus or Poseidon. Heck even Colossus is sought after by some for the dispersal feature. Get 10 towns asap with 7 with Temples, 1 with Trade Post, 1 with Embassy and 1 with Workshop(since a new unit…

• The State of TRADE

King moved on from Ny simply because he had so many worlds he had gone to that he either simply lost track or Ny was no longer interesting to him. Whether he's still playing I don't know. If he is, he probably still has an account on either Alpha or Beta(forget which one he was on) and perhaps one of the "newer" worlds that's all but dead lol. I went insane from Warehouse upgrades at about the midway point(aka July). How people did them back pre 3.0(aka 2.8) I'll never know. Had I kept going, I'…

• The State of TRADE

Hmm a Trade War? I get enough of that in real life.... why do I have to see it here in Ikariam? Interesting to see you back though Mos. Kind of went awol awhile back along with my usual source of Marble. I retired some time back but had I kept going, I'd be finishing up a massive 12+ month project. Good luck to both sides.

• Update 7.10.0

DarkHelmet - - General

A new building construction site? So we're getting another build spot... hah. I wonder why If memory serves(I retired some time ago), we already have 14 Build spots not counting the Town Hall. That's enough for Palace/GR, 4 Warehouses, Academy, Tavern, Museum, Hideout, Carpenter, Architect, Temple, Barracks and whatever building that player desires in that specific town(Embassy or typically Wine Press). Adding another space, without a new structure to go with it, only makes things "easier" for p…

• *Waves at Kaleg from Retirement* Still at it I see? Multiple losses still haven't deterred you from trying so I'll give you credit for perseverance but criticize you for futility. You will never win this, no matter how hard you try.

• Quote from Kaleg Nar: “New board, new changes to win. Quote from DarkHelmet: “You know with the boards being updated by basically being a brand new Forum(wherein you'll have to create a new Forum Account), we may now finally realize who will win this. Granted we will never know the outcome unless they keep the old one up for a day or two but frankly we all know it will be just about anyone but Kaleg... Btw Kaleg, no more S_G on Ny. Rev went and ghosted although I left before it actually happened…

• You know with the boards being updated by basically being a brand new Forum(wherein you'll have to create a new Forum Account), we may now finally realize who will win this. Granted we will never know the outcome unless they keep the old one up for a day or two but frankly we all know it will be just about anyone but Kaleg... Btw Kaleg, no more S_G on Ny. Rev went and ghosted although I left before it actually happened. Pretty sad that #accounts is declining faster than Trump's approval rating.

• Cultural Treaties Thread

DarkHelmet - - Diplomacy - Ny

Quote from DarkHelmet: “Quote from DarkHelmet: “Currently have 1 slot open but with 4 of my CT partners currently inactive(with a good probability of ghosting) and with the Expansion of Museums about to take place, I'll be needing at least 37 more CT's to as much as 41 if those people ghost. Therefore if you need a CT, feel free to apply. My ign is the same as board.” Down to needing as much as 28 CT's, with potential of 31 if people ghost. Keep CT's flying folks.” Now completely full. Thanks to…

Quote from DarkHelmet: “Currently have 1 slot open but with 4 of my CT partners currently inactive(with a good probability of ghosting) and with the Expansion of Museums about to take place, I'll be needing at least 37 more CT's to as much as 41 if those people ghost. Therefore if you need a CT, feel free to apply. My ign is the same as board.” Down to needing as much as 28 CT's, with potential of 31 if people ghost. Keep CT's flying folks.

Currently have 1 slot open but with 4 of my CT partners currently inactive(with a good probability of ghosting) and with the Expansion of Museums about to take place, I'll be needing at least 37 more CT's to as much as 41 if those people ghost. Therefore if you need a CT, feel free to apply. My ign is the same as board.

• Quote from Scythe: “June, I've been gone from the game for going on five years, and just came back. What's the deal with the mobile app, exactly? The forums certainly do appear to be less lively than they used to be, which is absolutely not helping. By killing the game for certain key players that spiced things up around here, they made it less exciting for everyone. Where the hell is Gauntlet on Alpha? Or Elmo, for that matter? How about Celia on Beta? Not to toot my own horn, but hell... Yeah,…

• Increase cost of everthing ?

DarkHelmet - - Game

They raised prices because their currency has taken a giant S*** in the past 6 months(from which you can thank the UK for that). Consequently, the value of the dollar has risen to where you'd think prices for items and what not would be much lower, not higher(at least for US domain). I haven't looked at the new prices for buying Ambrosia but I'm sure those have changed as well(in their favor). I had a feeling Ikariam would go the way of Ogame and it was only a matter of time. Everyone complains …

• Alhazered

DarkHelmet - - Spam Archive - Ny

Firstly, its Alhazred. Clearly you can't spell a board account that takes all but 5 seconds to look up. Whether its by intent or clearly a lack of intelligence is up for us to decide. Hunter(or is it Tiger... doesn't really matter with what I'm about to say now does it?), I implore you to get gender reassignment surgery. Clearly you're confused, depressed and angry at what you were born as(I mean only trolls, Sewer Sludge or men insecure with who they are fake their gender online). This is the t…