Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• New Boards Discussion

Scythe - - General

From my observance, many of the moves that GF makes that seem feckless... Appear so due to cultural differences. They seem poorly thought out, because they are coming from a different mindset. It really is their game to do as they wish with, we come to play in it... Most of us for free. As someone that is on the first page of page counts, largely for posts I made close to a decade ago, yeah it kind of stinks. At its height, there were some epic moves made by some players here. You can't know abo…

• SERVER MERGE

Scythe - - Asklepios Spam

Quote from Spidey Taak: “No the warserver is not standard ikariam. Gold pillaging changes the entire way you play. ” Truer words were never spoken on this forum. I remember when they took gold pillaging away, and how it completely changed how war was waged, cities defended and how piracy (between players, not that insipid in game game that they have now) occurred. I also remember how players left in droves when it happened. It was truly the beginning of the end for this game. I was honestly surp…

• SERVER MERGE

Quote from Monk: “Quote from Scythe: “There are too many things you will lose in a merge, donations being one... Ct's will be another debacle. Never mind trying to get your cities situated. It would be a cluster of idiocy, with people scrambling to get to islands that are good logistically and and are leveled up.. Unless we merge those players from other less active servers to here. ” I guess that you didn't experienced previous merge. Because in previous merge donations weren't lost and after m…

• SERVER MERGE

There are too many things you will lose in a merge, donations being one... Ct's will be another debacle. Never mind trying to get your cities situated. It would be a cluster of idiocy, with people scrambling to get to islands that are good logistically and and are leveled up.. Unless we merge those players from other less active servers to here.

• Tempting... Maybe if I had never abandoned the account that I'd created back in 2K8, and had built it up all this time... Not sure I want to jump into a place where a 2Million TS account still belongs in a training alliance.

• Sadly, I think you might be right. I wonder how many unique players there are out there, and how many accounts are just feeders for the piracy game.

• Is there anybody out there?

Scythe - - Diplomacy - Asklepios

I'm actually curious to see if anyone actually pays any attention to this section, if there is even a possibility for any diplomacy to happen here, if there is even any spectators that would be entertained by the spectacle or failing that notice if anything at all happened here... I'm getting the feeling that the age old question of wondering if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it might just get answered here.

• I'm just curious to see if anyone else (human) plays on this server.

• Cultural Treaties Thread

Scythe - - Diplomacy - Asklepios

Are people afraid to post a list of in game names, or does no one bother to come here anymore?

• I don't know if anyone checks this anymore... But, I know tons of people that need CTs and have all shared between each other. If I see postings in here, I will post in circulars for my alliance.

• Quote from Bald Eagle: “Quote from Scythe: “My understanding is that the strategy is for LG to be left just playing with themselves.” So, what you are saying is, we are too powerful or something? Why play by ourselves? lol” What I am saying, is that the overwhelming response to the entire war itself was "Meh!"

• My understanding is that the strategy is for LG to be left just playing with themselves.

• I've been looking at a fair number of the Cr's... I see a whole lot of LG dogpiles on single players targeted... Where each of the individual LG players had a significant lead over the mil score of the target. What is a retreat, aside from tactically running away? I don't know about you, but I personally prefer the close battles... where both parties are closely matched... Yeah, you will probably take more troop losses... But, it is more exciting isn't it?

• I only come here in between clicking build and sending out pillages, when I am not out and about doing irl things. I'm well aware you guys don't do 1 v 1 fighting... I'm also aware it is a cat and mouse game, rather than finding somewhere to pit our respective builds against each other. Were it 1 v 1 fighting, it might actually be fun. If you guys want to fight, why do you all always run away like blushing virgins? Particularly in light of the fact that you guys have avg mil scores of 1.5-3X the…

• Considering you used to be in KofG, and now you are LG... Why exactly should the opinion of one that betrayed their alliance to join the enemy of that alliance matter to me?

• Quote from ThienThien: “you call that CRs I don't really get it Better not spamming the thread with such pillaging stuffs” They did not come looking for competitive fights, their CR's essentially prove that.

• If you didn't want other alliances to "conspire", you probably should have taken a look at who you were attacking and to what degree. As I said, when you start bumping into the same people over and over again attacking the same cities you are and for the same reason... It makes sense for those involved to start cooperating. Why would it matter what alliance I am in?

• Indes, Don't you play on other servers, too? Have you never seen a cooperative dow, with multiple alliances declaring in a single thread? There recently was such a DoW on Alpha with WLS and HoR declaring on several alliances at once. Who I am in game is not relevant to our discussion, beyond the fact that I am currently in an alliance involved in this war. I was unaware of Anarchy, but thank you for making everyone aware they are joining the party. I'm not too concerned about losing resources...…

• As an aside, I'm surprised you didn't include LAW on your side, as they apparently are working with you... But, I get it... It steals from your thunder and outrage for other alliances supposedly cooperating in attacking you, if you are cooperating with other alliances attacking us.

• I'm not offended by the declaration war, far from it. I'm actually surprised it took this long to happen, and see it only as a play to get the forums more active. What I am offended by is the insult. The insult to everyone's intelligence... Both to the spectators and the alliances involved. Various members of LG have engaged in coordinated attacks against all of the alliances named in the DoW. Imagine our surprise, when we kept bumping into members of other alliances, when defending our cities a…