Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 178.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Quote from raztan: “Bashing rule was pretty high as it was, I think the only time I ever came close was inactive, even in wars rarely did I attack the same town 6 times in 1 day. I don't think it will make much difference in practice.” It means that formal declarations of war just became irrelevant. Any alliance that has a mind to can now attack any other alliance without warning, and without limit. That probably isn't a big deal to ViP, the second-largest (and most powerful) alliance on Delta, …

• Getting attacked non-stop

derlauerer - - 2011

Quote from DrunkWithAGun: “1: make sure you never have more resources than you can safely store 2: try to level up buildings that cost less than the maximum ammount just mentioned 3: try to build a fleet and a small army on other islands so he can't reach them 4: find a place ourside of your account to safely store this fleet and army so he doesn't know where to look 5: try to block small attacks he makes, then sending away your fleet and army to the safe place again 6: be sure to always avoid h…

• Quote from Zirya: “So I'm using this leecher checker and it's working fine, up until I go to my marble island quarry, it's not showing any colors or percentages, NOTHING. It's working fine on every other island and even the forest on the same island. PLEASE help if you can, thanks. One other thing, the quarry is a level 25. -Zirya” You've somehow managed to pick up an old version of that script. There used to be a limitation in it that prevented it from working for mines above level 24 and mills…

• Server Clocks

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from Rattus: “Now that you mention it my alpha and beta accts are almost 5 min different. Do you leave your windows open for long periods? I do, usually all day, sometime 24/7. I just checked if I logged out of both and logged back in close together if they became more in sync, no change, still 5 min diff. I suspectect the clocks are set manually by GF and the time differnce we se is them switching severs as they do the setting, but that's just a guess. PS neither is the same as my PC cloc…

• RE: Why Wine?

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from TimHobbit: “From reading this forum, the guides and Wiki; I was under the impression that wine was a critical componet of the game. Because of this, I made my first colony on a wine island, while my capitol is on a marblle island. I have since build my second colony also. What I don't understand is when, why do I use wine? I have not had any negitive satisfaction rating on any of my cities. The only time I even considered using wine was for a couple of hours right after expanding a to…

• RE: corruption

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from victorent: “ok i have level 9 palace and all my main town has level 9 GR... i got 8 main towns which means i have 2 extra towns... i am not planning to have level 9 GR in my 2 extra towns coz i will use it as proxy close to my main towns and only build few buildings including academy... so does corruption affects the scientist in the academy??? like less science points???” Yes. Corruption in a town has the same effect on research in that town as on any other form of production.

• RE: game

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from getup57: “why can't i deliver my resources to certain islands” Have you researched "Expansion"? Until you do that, you can't deliver resources beyond your local island chain.

• RE: War time Bashing

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from Maestro: “What if you are at war, and your enemy occupies a town to attack you, are you then in violation of the bashing rule if you are using "free town"?” Edit: I removed my first answer, because I had misunderstood the question. Second edit: There is no bashing rule in a declared war. So attacking your enemy, even by the use of "free town" to end his occupation, cannot break it.

• RE: how long can a vacation last

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from Laconic: “Hi I am looking throuh other threads for the answer to this, but cannot find it. What is the maximum period of time I can go on vacation before my account becomes inactive? I am going to be out of the country for an extended period of time in a few months, and I won't be playing Ikariam during that time. Thanks Laconic” Vacation mode lasts not less than two days (48 hours), and not more than 30 days, if you initiate it. At any time after the first two days, you can log in, t…

• mail problem

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from banker: “Quote from derlauerer: “Quote from banker: “I checked the spam but nothing again. I am using hotmail. I will change when I log in again but I cant as I dont know password. I contacted GOs a week ago. But stiill no solution yet.” I'm not sure that I understand you. In your first post, you said, in part, "...I have contacted GO twice.They said we set your password to reset...". Have you tried using the word "reset" as the password?” "I have set your password to reset, and you s…

• mail problem

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from banker: “I checked the spam but nothing again. I am using hotmail. I will change when I log in again but I cant as I dont know password. I contacted GOs a week ago. But stiill no solution yet.” I'm not sure that I understand you. In your first post, you said, in part, "...I have contacted GO twice.They said we set your password to reset...". Have you tried using the word "reset" as the password?

• RE: Gyrocopter

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from comer14: “what do Gyrocopter do? would i be better off deleting them and make balloons? and what difference do they do?” You need both. Gyrocopters are the only units that can do any damage to a Bombardier. Plus, if you have Bombardiers and your enemy has Gyrocopters, your Gyrocopters will force the enemy to engage them first, protecting your Bombardiers.

• RE: Pillaging

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from banker: “I am curious. When I send 100 ships to pillage It has 50k capacity to load. But It never has been fully 50k. It is 49997 or something like that. What is the reason? Just curiosity” It's probably a rounding error. If there is more than one pillageable resource in a town (and there usually is), and if the ships you have sent are insufficient to drain the town completely of pillageable goods, then the quantities you loot are calculated according to their relative proportions. Fo…

• Ratio of Military Score to Total Score

derlauerer - - 2010

Quote from isis: “3% seems a little low to me - so someone with say: 150,000 (most likely will have 5 colonies) would have a military score of 4,500. If you take it as 1,000 per colony that would work out at 5k for 5 colonies 2k per colony may be pushing it a bit - especially for those low to mid players - so it's got to be somewhere in between and graded because the effort 0 - 50k players must put in to sustain an army is much greater than 50k - 100k and so on. Any more thoughts?” I take a diff…

• Quote from Lance: “Thanks for the feedback so far. I forgot to mention - *I* am the higher ranked player in this case. So, I'd be loaning to a lower ranked player, and he'd send it back. I'm worried it could be construed as pushing on his part, but if we both have records of the transaction, it should be a fair trade/loan, right?” Right. But if you want to be extra sure, open an OTicket , and tell the GO what you are doing. That way, you're covered from the start (as long as the goods are shippe…

• Experiments

derlauerer - - 2009

The cost of an Experiment is two units of Crystal per Research point the Experiment can gain. The number of points that can be gained with a single Experiment is a fraction of the total number of Research points you have ever gained, whether by Research, by Experiments, or (pre-0.3.2) by buying out a Research. So if you have any Scientists working, the cost of an Experiment will slowly rise as they gain Research points. Also, completing an Experiment will cause the cost of the next Experiment to…

• Can't move town

derlauerer - - 2010

Do you have a Trading Post in that town? If you do, do you have any goods on offer for sale, or any outstanding offers to purchase? I would also expect that existing Garrison Rights treaties or Trade treaties would create your situation, but I don't know that for a fact.

• RE: Town wall

derlauerer - - 2009

Quote from Pef: “I want to know how town wall works , it says " Every level of your town wall gives your troops a 10% defence bonus." but , troops do not have defence stats. so , will it increase armor ? , if yes how will it work for troops with 0 armor will it give 10% more health? will it reduce accuracy of enemy troops by 10%? will it work after the turrets have been reduced? also , if anyone has a wall killing manual , it be great to share : say , for lvl 10 wall , you need 18 catapults to r…

• RE: sending waves

derlauerer - - 2009

Quote from raztan: “question: if i am already in battle and i send another wave into the fight that consists of just air or artillery, will they insta-scatter like it will on a 1st wave? also assuming the answer is no, does this also apply to multi nation attacks? such as i sent air or artillery ONLY to battle already in progress where my units are'nt the ones on the front line?” The answers are, respectively, "no" and "yes". But be aware that separate waves have separate morale, so that one wav…

• Wine usage

derlauerer - - 2009

Quote from Rattus: “it does sound like perhaps you have stumbled onto a bug, a beneficial one for a change at that. If this Is the case I'm not sure what the repercussions would be, as you are inadvertently bug using, but not on purpose. I would recommend sending in an Oticket and post in the bug section, about it.” Well, actually, I'm not, because I have since built a Winegrower of the appropriate size in that town. I also don't have any hard evidence to back up my assertions, which makes me ex…