Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Increase cost of everthing ?

ikarirain - - Game

I will admit the achievement rewards are nice, but they feel more like steps towards appeasement than a balance to the changes. Furthermore, its a bad business deal for GF when you combine free premium products at the same time as a price hike. If they'd introduced the rewards on its own, with no price hikes, it'd have been a nice way to keep players playing for the achievements, maybe even long enough to spend on ambrosia. With price increases on popular ambro products though, that purpose is d…

• Increase cost of everthing ?

ikarirain - - Game

I can't imagine it even being possible to use up $200 of ambro a week, lol. On the other hand though, I did have plans to spend roughly $200 on Ambro over the course of 3-4 months for converting mats into crystal for extreme experiment crunching. I spent the last year alone building my account towards the absolute highest resource capacity just to make the most out of the conversions, and the goal was to rush to max future research within 3-4 months. That's a year's worth of planning down the dr…

• The difference between a wall and the suggestion I make is in the application. A wall provides an undeniably powerful defense for a short term, after which the battle resumes at a more normal pace. The stacks of troops lost in filling a breach are rarely ever higher than the average front/flank loss in subsequent battles, they are just more focused into one slot. The naval suggestion I make is not so much an immediate overpowering boost, but rather a lower benefit at a more constant rate. It's o…

• I do understand your concern, but in your statement about land battles, I believe you are mistaken. Two players of equal skill, forge, and troops would still lend victory to the defender merely because the defender can bring an additional offensive/defensive front line unit to the field: the wall. This leads to the attacker losing more of his army before the defender begins losing equal amount. In the combat mechanics, the wall counts every bit as much of a front line unit as hops and steams. Ho…

• How about something a little bit simpler to please both sides. The new sea defense building (whatever it may be called) would instead give a .3% bonus to offense for a player's own ships at town. A max level of 50 for the building would provide a maximum 15% offensive boost to the player's own ships. Adding to this, it would only be constructed on the island space, where the Pirate Fortress can be built. As with all buildings, one must often choose some over others due to limited space, but it i…

• Stargate. -escalates the war just a bit further-

• Dow TDP Vs G-O-G

ikarirain - - Archive - Beta

Grover and SOL, two names I didn't ever expect to see again, at least not after my Gamma account was lost. Is Marylin still around? If so, tell her I said Hello, and that I'm sad SOL didn't come to Beta! Maybe I'll start an Alpha account just to say hi... =] As for war and battles, I'm understanding that many of -X- were divided up between SHOCK and GOG, but if they're still around... I still remember their legacy on Gamma. No rules in war, only the strongest prevailed, and there was no such thi…

• Archiving

ikarirain - - Game

I could see it being useful in making a town a staging point for alliance wars, but only if the effect is applied to allied units stationed at the town. Has anyone checked to see whether or not the building affects allies in any way?

• BoB vs JOKER

ikarirain - - 2011

As a member of the Band of Brothers, I can quite easily say that this kind of behaviour is entirely out of character for our esteemed leader. With that said, this does not look like a thread started by the leader of Band of Brothers. Furthermore, the registration date seems quite fishy and, if I am not mistaken, our leader already has a forum account. Needless to say, I'm not taking this DoW seriously at all, and I would ask that JOKER not take this seriously at all, or anyone else for that matt…

• Official Version 0.3.3 Discussion

ikarirain - - 2010

Just something I'd like to put out here, to ease a few worries. Despite the lack of Bug Fixes listed, there are quite a number of minor bugs that have been fixed, they simply aren't listed. This is mentioned in the ingame message everyone got from the Ikariam server. A lot of people are wondering why no bugs were fixed, but I believe they've overlooked the ingame message, where it said that many had been fixed, just not listed. I'm sure when the update actually comes out, the full list of featur…