Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 444.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Travel Times

Octavius2 - - Game

Hello everyone, Did you notice that the travel times between islands have been reduced by about 25% ? Was this announced before and I missed it? Thanks.

• 5 CTs open

Octavius2 - - Diplomacy - Ny

It's amazing players keep disappearing and CTs open up again and again Same 5 CTs that were filled up few days ago are open up again IGN: LadyKiller

• 3 Cts

Octavius2 - - Diplomacy - Alpha

3 CTs and more are coming up IGN: goofypaw

• 5 CTs open

Players keep disappearing and CTs open up. IGN: LadyKiller

• All Taken - thanks!

Quote from Octavius2: “ign: LadyKiller”

• All Taken - thanks!

Quote from Octavius2: “ign: GoofyPaw”

• 5 CTs

ign: LadyKiller

• 3 CTs

ign: GoofyPaw

• Piracy strategy

Octavius2 - - Brainstorming

Quote from ryan: “One thing I will like to note: Pirates was introduced with the intention of giving even the smallest players a chance to win. Not the case (was it ever outside of the first valuations when everyone was new to it?) I came from Gamma...I THINK I may have saw a tiny amount of people ever crack the top 50 that A) Wasn't in an alliance. and/or B) Had a TS of under 1mil (heck, even 2mil). I just checked the latest Alpha high scores. Granted, it COULD be an anomaly, but I highly doubt…

• Piracy strategy

Quote from Kaleg Nar: “If your problem is that, in your opinion, Americans are being disenfranchised on their own server, why not shift the suggestion from being half-hour updates to simply having the update time as a whole shift to a more suitable time for Americans? The small person merely running capture runs would be at a greater deficit from this suggestion (no hiding anymore.) By the way, you're wrong about which time it is in each American area at 18:00. GF accounts for daylight savings t…

• Piracy strategy

Quote from ryan: “You are going to get unbiased answers if this is opened up to debate. People opposed are going to be comfortable with their current style, and change could cripple them. People for it, are in the same position as you. Then you get the 'who cares, pirates are stupid' crowd. I fall in the first category but see the potential in it. I do, however, also think there are tons more wrong with the pirate game that will never get established...so starting here would just be poor judgmen…

• Piracy strategy

The current status of Piracy advocates repeating the same cycles over and over again with the same inter-alliance agreements in place, and super pirates and their feeders the same. I've been a super pirate for more than a few rounds and it is hard work that require a lot of time and dedication. As a super pirate, one has to log in at or around 18:00 game time everyday to cherry pick the juicy targets before super pirates of other alliances do. Of course with the help of alliance members providin…

• New Game Rules

Octavius2 - - Game

Quote from skyhawk: “wow. But I could see how this wouldn't bother gameforge, as more accounts per person means more ambrosia potentially from players. After all, if the player base is shrinking, gleaning more per player would presumably be an obvious strategy and tactic : ) but still, wow.” Know what, in 2010 and after pages and pages of discussion with Alleycat (where is he by the way?) and Rattus (is he still around?) about the rules and their interpretation (here Feedback on Game Rules), I r…

• Where are my ships?

Octavius2 - - 2011

Hi all, I wonder if someone with similar experience can help resolve this. We all know how the combat system bugs out sometimes, and it did on me as the server was being updated for the "winter" backdrop this morning. sigh! My battle ships in a 2 vs. 1 battle suddenly disappeared from view on R3. Fortunately, the other player called back, so my partner didn't get hurt much. However, I'm still paying double upkeep for some 29 ships that are present no where in any of my shipyards, and I'm positiv…

• Why attack players?

Octavius2 - - 2011

Just read IU's excellent 0 military guide It's very useful for start up players. Nonetheless, you'll need to build up a military and hideouts for deterrence once you need to stockpile stuff above your safe limits to continue your building upgrades. Also, I notice that you have some information mixed up. This resource is an excellent place to sharpen up on everything ikariam Hope this helps. Enjoy your game.

• Port block question

Octavius2 - - 2011

thanks. QATC, please.

• Funky Naval Battle

Octavius2 - - 2011

That's some awesome knowledge. I second LG2 on the change log of v.0.3.2 and I can confirm Balistas behavior, which was corrected after several complaints. They don't fill front line until after they're out of ammo. But to know they inflict both melee and long range damage from their back row, that's like having 100 ships for the price of 50. I will not claim I knew that before, but my navy battles taught me that Bals were the best option for back row, even trumping cats and morts when confronte…

• Port block question

Octavius2 - - 2011

If I block the port of someone, and then pull out all my ships, the port remains blocked by me as reported in the military adviser screen. Question is: Has the owner of the town the ability to move mats back and forth because there are no ships in the port, or do they have to "rebel" first to liberate the port, and then be able to move stuff in and out of the town using sea route? what about land route, is it affected by port blocks where no ships are actually in the port or not? Thank you

• Mods, please close. I got my question answered. Thank you

• Looks like this is the case. The fleet in town X was considered a blockade for my retreating troops. And this should explain the instant scatter. Nonetheless, I believe an error message saying that "your troops can't be retreated because the port is currently blocked" is more appropriate. The troops should have stayed in town. Much like what happens in one's own towns when it's blockaded and you try to move troops out of it via sea route. Or at least, a town adviser message should have popped up…