Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 395.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Gold Pillaging back?

Enigma - - Game

Quote from Mea1: “Quote from Enigma: “So I have been gone for YEARS....was thinking of starting this back up since I am going to have some free time again. Just gotta know--did gold pillaging come back? All the searches I did here on the forum turned up results from 2012....so I am guessing no..... ” Pillaging for gold is gone in usual game, however in Warservers (ARES) the pillaging of gold is still possible. ” Ok, I may try that out. Do you know if the gold pillaging follows the same OLD formu…

• Gold Pillaging back?

Enigma - - Game

Well that's a bummer. Was my favorite part. Oh well--I'll hop on and see what's what. Thanks for the heads up!

• Gold Pillaging back?

Enigma - - Game

So I have been gone for YEARS....was thinking of starting this back up since I am going to have some free time again. Just gotta know--did gold pillaging come back? All the searches I did here on the forum turned up results from 2012....so I am guessing no.....

• Gold pillaging?

Enigma - - H&Q Archive

Well HAPPY DAYS! Looking forward to having some fun there! Hopefully GF looks into making a permanent war server... See you there!!!

• Gold pillaging?

Enigma - - H&Q Archive

Quote from LittleIota: “Only in a non-permanent War server, but this is now closed for registration since 15th June 2014. It appears in several communities, one of them being .En. It lasts for 5 - 6 months only, and it's the second time this type of server has appeared since it's first creation on 3rd July 2013 (for .en).” Thanks for the clarifcation....I was thinking it was a permanent type server. Darn... Oh well. Hopefully I catch it the next time the registration is open, or hopefully they m…

• server merge talk

Enigma - - General

If anyone else here has played Ogame, they may be able to shed some light on how mergers worked in that game (which was also GF owned). But basically, Ogame kept the first server from merging (since it was the oldest), and they kept all the "special" servers separate (speed servers, ones that let you gain different benefits from attacks, etc). I have no doubt that Ikariam will be very similar, if not the same. In Ogame, they were merged in groups of 3-4...I expect the same here--though again, I …

• Gold pillaging?

Enigma - - H&Q Archive

Glad to see you are still here ImperialUser! And thanks for the super-fast response! However, now I feel blind. I tried searching the forums for "war server" and "speed server," but I can't find a list of differences in the servers (to see which one to join). I know in other GameForge games they have the differences right there on the game registration page...I can't seem to find it there, either.

• Sup

Enigma - - Delta

I just came back today to see if Gold Pillaging was back...figured I would swing by my old forums again. Turns out I wasn't missing much. Hell...still have the last post in the Coffeehouse thread. NOW vs -C- Wars.......never forget.

• Gold pillaging?

Enigma - - H&Q Archive

Sorry for the really dumb question...but I stopped playing a long, long time ago. The main reason for my hiatus was due to no longer being able to pillage gold (with no return in sight). Is gold pillaging back yet, in any form? Thanks in advance!

• Gold Pillaging from Inactives

Enigma - - Feedback

Ah yes...gold pillaging. Boy do I miss it. I'm in favor of bringing it back (I'd prefer to do it to active AND inactive....but I'll take what I can get). The way I see it, gold pillaging was something you could do when you had time to sit down for a bit (only required 1 trade ship to do). It was highly profitable for both the low-rank/just started player (get their trade ships bought up sooner to help with resource moving), and it was profitable for the well-established player who wants to use a…

• Halloween Advisers

Enigma - - 2010

Yeah....they look like they're getting ready to go Trick R' Treakin'! Diggin' the pumpkin.

• Change isn't always a good thing.

Enigma - - 2010

Gold pillaging for me was the hurtful one (and yeah, I wanna see it back). This warehouse one I am actually good with--allowing you to utilize more building spaces for other reasons. The changes to combat, in my opinion, were mostly uncalled for. Sure, some things needed to be fixed...and I like how only so many units fight at a time (adds a bit more strategy than just how many people you can throw at the enemy). Still, we have no idea if doctors really work or not. -_- That being said, Ogame, a…

• Version 0.4.0 Changelog

Enigma - - Killed Board Archive

Well, if the extra warehouses that you have build (like...since I have 7 or something built) still hold capacity, then I might actually like this update. O_O Means that even though I'll be tearing down a bunch warehouses later, it also means that I won't have a bunch of resources just disappearing! And that is at least a good way to go.

Remember, one of the new features is using ambrosia to increase storage capacity. Way to up their income right there.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded the warehouse change (max 4), if they hadn't previously removed that. Max 4 warehouses, now no max. Now back to max 4. Maybe I can expect Gold Pillaging to make a return? :p

Alrighty....so in Delta, I was going for that "max town" thing eventually. I have 1 carpenter spot, 1 gr (eventually to be a palace) spot, and ALL the rest are warehouses. What is gonna happen to all my extra warehouses? If I now need to pay ambrosia to get to the max level of palace/gr, I will (once again) quit. Though this time I won't be coming back...

• Anyone else doing marble only as a strat?

Enigma - - 2010

I've thought about going all stone on an account, but I just didn't like the idea of not having a guaranteed income of wine. Way back when, on Theta (I think it was), I had an all-crystal game going. I quit that after I got 2/4 research level 2's completed. Just got boring....and it's a good thing, too, because my army was like 90% doctors (which don't fight anymore). I also did an all-sulfur game for a good while. Once gold pillaging was removed, however, I quit that account (on Alpha). If I ev…

• Gold Pillaging... Back into the Game

Enigma - - Feedback

Greenen--I'm just gonna jump halfway down your post, with the level 1 ports and what-not. Hells yes!!! In my opinion, they had it right with the old way of pillaging, and gold pillaging. If you didn't want your stuff stolen, you could do some things to highly reduce the amount stolen. If they were to couple that with how the warehouses are now, I think we'd be good (and bring back gold pillaging, of course). Really, that's what I want. Make it possible to steal resources, but not at such a degre…

Enigma - - Feedback

I think I'll leave the breaking up the quotes to you. I'll stick with the quicker posting. Sure it's not ALL about fighting. But it's not ALL about building, either. Never build a military--how well will you be able to build if you can't defend yourself? How much faster will other people build if you aren't raiding others' resources? Incoherent statements happen--I'll just assume you were tired or in a hurry (I usually am when I hop on here). I didn't say I don't like marble. I just like gold mo…

Enigma - - Feedback

Quote from Greenen72: “Pardon my love of quoting. Quote from Enigma: “In my opinion, this game is about interacting with other people.” Not always. It's a building game at heart, but interaction makes it much more fun. Some will say it is a building game at heart, some will say it is about research. To each their own, indeed....but if it were a building game at heart, why bother with fighting at all? Why not just make the trading post the important building, and do away with the barracks? Quote:…