Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 115.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• jhay-ar vs Lost

Agamemnon1973 - - Combat Reports - Alpha

Sea battle near 080511JR-MARB (29.10.2016 22:09:54) Marrs[Lost] from 4 Mar Had, Agamemn0n[Lost] from 4 Mar Had, 102411JYAN-MARB, Polis, GÖKTÜRK, dsi1357[Lost] from 4 Mar Had, Kralizec XIX[Lost] from Vorash vs jhay-ar from 090311JR-CRISTA, 080511JR-MARB, 072511JR-SULFUR, 081211JR-WINE --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ram-Ship............................953(-309) - Ram-Ship..............................0(-643) Fire Ship..................…

• A Letter From the Product Team

Agamemnon1973 - - General

I think we've fallen into that dead end again, whereby some quarters argue that one must be a game developer in order to critique game development. Whereas, more often than not, the vast majority of players actually have other jobs, or perhaps attend an educational institution of some sort, generally do well with those pursuits, and rely on those they PAY REAL MONEY TO to continually update and improve - or 'develop' - the game that their money and patronage allows to exist in the first place. D…

• Hmmm ...

Agamemnon1973 - - Diplomacy - Alpha

Lol ... Having been to Saigon, and seen the half dozen open air net cafes with a dozen PCs in each, all sitting next to each other, full of young guys gaming, let alone the 10+ open air sport gear sheds SELLING THE EXACT SAME THINGS all next to each other, WITH NO OTHER TYPE OF SHOP HAPPENING AT ALL, in the most random of places, I can safely say: 1. Hash has been to that Saigon street, or maybe the Hanoi one, with all the knock-off PC gear, and net cafes all in a row. 2. Hash has gone into thre…

• Lol - when GF says they have fixed a bug, and clearly they haven't, then there is no need to report the bug. They are aware of it. They haven't fixed it. They therefore have failed yet again. That's ok, I'm sure we're all used to their failures. We move on. But I'm not wasting my time logging yet another fault call to a company that clearly tells porkies ...

• Why even bother. They've proved themselves to be absolutely bereft of credibility. Let them work it out themselves - that's what they're paid to do.

• {censored} annoying glitch

Agamemnon1973 - - General Archive

Quote from David Munter: “And it has been fixed in today's update. Or so they say” Lol - they're lying then. I've got servers with the problem as I type. ... They should open a new server ... that'll sort the issue ...

• Fully agree - well said GJ. This has progressed well beyond pathetic, into offensive. And the modding is sorely lacking.

• Allowing pirate raids between accounts that share an IP address is pathetic and encourages the swarms of "legal multis" that now infest this game. Duck and dodge as much as possible, facts are facts.

• Point of fact - REAL wars, fought by REAL men AND women in the 21st century, of whatever cuddle-preference they desire/are born needing, invariably involve actual weapons, a hell of a lot of blood, people (perhaps ones you know, or even are related to) being wounded or dying, and memories that last a life time. This was a combat report indicating a serious amount of time spent clicking on a mouse or poking at a laptop or phone, on a different server, in a game. Which you posted in help and quest…

• Naming of Islands

Agamemnon1973 - - Not Enough Votes

I'm amazed this discussion is still going on. Why? Because "sounds cool" is not a reason to direct game developer resources to an apparent feature. This suggestion is akin to the pubescent boy, armed with a black marker, that decides to scribble his name on the local primary school hall wall, in some ultra-cool 'gangsta' script. Except, that in this instance, our cool, bandana'd miscreant, armed with his felt pen, his unwarranted bravado, and his need to leave his stain somewhere visible, is act…

• Naming of Islands

Agamemnon1973 - - Not Enough Votes

Sigh. Surely the quick link from your town to the resources is useful, at least for people that (a) want to alter resource gathering, or (b) want to remind themselves which of the numerous inactives on their islands are actually gathering resources, and are worth a quick pillage, in that it removes clearly redundant clicking (even if it's just one click, which multiplied over the time you may play this game, may save your clicky finger unnecessary wear and tear, and may even prevent RSI-type aff…

• I'm in the South Pacific. For whatever reason lost connectivity with all US servers and the AU server yesterday late afternoon my time, but EN servers were fine. WAS able to log in to the mobile US and AU servers via phone. All other web activity was fine, including US and Australian websites, so it no doubt was a GF issue, limited to certain domains, but if everything's up and running now I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an "Our Bad, Sorry" statement. These things happen. Corporate commu…

• Shame On Dow.

Agamemnon1973 - - Epsilon

Clears everything up just nicely. Lovely stuff :eyeroll:

• Ahhh, you are an awesome Turkeh I don't believe for a minute that any of the volunteer staff, either board or game focused, should face any grief from the wider player base - and I know a lot of you are just as frustrated as many of the rest of us are. And to be honest, the significant degree of frustration, impatience, and anger directed at GF and it's paid staff simply reflects the level of commitment so many of us have shown since those heady days of 2008/2009, and how they have utterly faile…

• Ahhh bamcbix ... I'm glad you're still here Little dragon, you honestly don't want to know what I think about you. However, if you read my post, you'll see that I don't ever challenge them implementing these tiny little changes. In fact, I said, if they're wanted, and they're easy to code, and (implicitly) if GF is willing to implement them, then "wahey!" ... just do it, but don't act as if this is some wonderous move they're making by offering players choices. To do that to people who have inve…

• And I'm sure your 10 Euro coupon is in the mail ...

• If they've all been requested by users, and are all simple to implement, then here's a novel idea - implement them all. But certainly don't make some song and dance about it, and claim it's giving control to the player-base. Here's another tip for the developers. Install IkaEasy and/or Ikariam Enhanced UI, and implement every single feature in those that make the game playable. But again, don't make some song and dance about it. It shouldn't be up to the players to decide, through some random vo…

• Ahhh ... You would think GF would do any number of common sense things that people would find of value to keep their game ticking over nicely, and yet ... hmmmm. Like, could have basically copied our dearly loved old converter ... but nope. Like, could update to a version that includes those little resource links and res required thingies when you hover over a building ... but nope. Best not to expect too much of a 'common sense approach' from our beloved overlords. Only leads to frustration and…

• Ika Easy

Agamemnon1973 - - H&Q Archive

Personally I wouldn't play the game without it, and it's probably the only reason I ever use Chrome.

• Ika Easy

Agamemnon1973 - - H&Q Archive

Cheers Imperial - good man. Thanks for the confirmation.