Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• scientist: are they worth it?

Ghaleon - - 2009

I did demolish all the Academies in all my cities except for one city (the city that produces crystal). I have already researched all the "regular" researches and a few of the level 1 futures and wanted the space for Forester Houses. I'm sure my scientific high score went down significantly when I did that but who cares! I'm just playing this for fun, plus I like to build stuff and donate money to the mines, so this brought my wood production to the levels I had before the 0.3 upgrade came.

• How Many Worlds Are You In?

Ghaleon - - 2009

I play on two accounts: Epsilon and Alpha. On Epsilon (my main account) my strategy is to build as many cities as I can. So far I have 6 and I am waiting for more spots to open on my marble island. On Alpha I want to know how much I can grow with only 4 cities: one of each resource. The two approaches are "different enough" to justify having two accounts. I used to have an account on the speed server, and it closed. Three accounts were probably too much for me, so I was actually relieved when it…

• In Defense of the Nation-State.

Ghaleon - - 2009

That is not a bad strategy at all. If that's the way you want to play, I commend you. Keep doing the same, have fun, and don't listen to people who complain.

• I have reached my 160th ship, what now?

Ghaleon - - 2009

Basically all you can do is buy resources (wood, marble, and so on) so you can grow your cities. Congratulations on reaching that milestone.

• critique my building scheme

Ghaleon - - 2009

That strategy is very similar to mine, Istril. You should do well with it. The main difference I have is that I will keep all the academies and one of the slots will be for Trading post / +Luxury production. If you are currently researching the futures I think it's alright for you to destroy some of the Academies. I'm glad you are keeping some, just in case more researches are created later on. Your score will probably go down, but that would not be a problem for me if I were you.

• What did you accomplish in '08?

Ghaleon - - 2009

I started playing Ikariam shortly after the Epsilon server started. My main account at Epsilon has 6 cities. Only 1 city has corruption, and only because version 0.3 was announced. At that time I changed my priorities from updating the Governor's Residences into upgrading other buildings. On my main account all my cities are at level 20. All the cities, except the latest, have soft capped Barracks, Museums, and Warehouses. I am currently soft capping the buildings on the last city. I started upg…

• New To The Game

Ghaleon - - 2008

I have an account on Alpha too. My name there is "Esper Wizard". Feel free to make a cultural treaty with me or ask me any questions you have. Having a second town on a marble island will allow you to grow more.

• Preparing for version 0.3

Ghaleon - - 2008

What are you guys/gals doing to get ready for version 0.3? This is what I am doing: - Upgrade all my barracks to level 24 (which I have done in all my cities except 1). - Upgrade the city walls and city halls as much as I can, preferably to level 24, or maybe 25. - Complete the upgrades of all the troops. That will take me a while, since I have just finished using all the reserves of crystal I had in all my cities. I heard that once you complete all the upgrades you can destroy the workshop, so …

• RE: level 24 city

Ghaleon - - 2008

Probably increase the level of the Tavern. Your wine cities will produce twice as much wine, so it shouldn't be too bad. I have never played version 0.3 so this is just an educated guess based upon testimonies from other players.

• who has the best island in alpha

Ghaleon - - 2008

Both my marble and wine islands in alpha have 17 luxury and 21 wood productions. So I'm not in the best islands in alpha.

• Thank you, Imperial User. By the way, I will get used to the changes, whichever they are. I remember corruption hit me hard when it was implemented, and I dealt with it and survived.

• Polis King, is it official that trade ships now hold 500 goods each? On the thread "An Update Is Brewing (0.3.0)" it says "Storage capacity of tradeships has been increased by 500." If it's increased BY 500 it would mean trade ships would hold 800 goods TOTAL. I honestly would prefer trade ships to hold 500 goods instead of 800. It would be much easier to make calculations of how many ships it would take to ship a certain amount of goods. Quote: “Originally posted by Polis King I love that trade…

• I just entered the command to establish a new city. It will be my sixth city. I will end up having one sulfur, one crystal, two marbles, and two wines. I have not been exactly hurting for wine before, but that's because I stopped growth on purpose so I could use my wine to upgrade my Governor's Residences. When the new city starts I will have corruption in one of my current cities (coincidentally, my wine city). But I didn't want to wait because my wine island is always full. It's a miracle that…

• RE: 6th town

Ghaleon - - 2008

I have the exact same setup that you have and I am saving for my 6th city also. It will be a wine colony. Currently the only way I can get more people to live in my town is by expanding the museum and getting more cultural assets treaties, which gets more and more difficult as the museum grows. More wine would allow my cities to grow more.

• I just joined the alliance yesterday. It's good to be here.

• Wood Haters!

Ghaleon - - 2008

I always give the same amount of wood to every luxury mine and sawmill. I like keeping things even. And if I have any extra wood, I just donate more.

• That is just how it is. You get half as many goods per hour as you have workers assigned to gathering luxury goods (wine, marble, crystal, or sulfur).

• is sulfur a waste?

Ghaleon - - 2008

This thread has gone way off from its original topic. However, based upon the title of the thread, I would like to post this here. On my main account I was "born" on a sulfur island. I used to think sulfur was a waste, especially since I don't go to war; I just build enough troops to defend myself if I'm attacked. At one time I brought the production on my sulfur mine way down to save money. Now, however, I produce a lot of sulfur and I sell it for what I believe to be a reasonable price: 20 gol…

• it's no fun getting attacked...

Ghaleon - - 2008

There was a kid who kept attacking two of my cities. Of course it pissed me off but it didn't do much damage. He just stole a few of my resources. This is what I was already doing in my cities: My city wall is always at least the same level of my town hall. Most of the time is at the same level, and when I upgrade, I always upgrade the city wall before the town hall. I keep a bunch of Phalanx in my cities at all times. I used to keep as many Phalanx as the city had levels. However, after that ki…

• Slider seems limited

Ghaleon - - 2008

They have 0.2.6 on the test server already? I better hurry up and continue upgrading the Governor's Residences. More corruption in coming... Back on topic, the sliders give me trouble all the time. Thank God I can enter the number I want with a keyboard.