Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 211.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Develish times in Nightmare City

Demeter - - Game Library

Quote from Xerxes III: “If I were the SK like you mentioned, I would have saved you for last.” Aaawww that's so sweet! Ditto! Who knows... In a game full of SK's, we might end up being the last two standing lol.

Demeter - - Game Library

Grats mafia! Well played! We really played that one badly as town and the mafia hid themselves well lol. Why kill me Xerxes? I thought we were friends :tearup: :P . Did you guys guess I was the doc or was it just a random kill?

Demeter - - Game Library

Quote from LegendaryKiller: “Referring to your #1, you and xarius both have this feeling. What is it for you that makes you think this way? Referring to #2, you think his sig is a ploy? He had that sig pre-game. Were you aware of that?” This is perhaps unfair to Xerxes. It's more meta on my part. When he started talking about how someone made it near the end of the game with random killings, it just sent off alarm bells in my head. As for #2, it really was more joke than anything else about his …

Demeter - - Game Library

Quote from bamcbix: “2. Dem for suggesting a top 3 already although it's far too early to have an accurate top 3” Well first off, it's interesting to see that only bam, the two X's and LK bothered with my question. As for why I asked, it's because no one has posted for a while when I came online and that question usually gets a discussion going. Having said that, I'm glad to be a part of your list. Makes me feel loved and all lol. As for my top 3, I'd say: 1.Xerxes - this is more a gut feel than…

Demeter - - Game Library

@ Maul, so may I ask why target Nikolai specifically? If it's 12:30am where you are, perhaps he's along that same time zone too? Why do you get a pass for reading and not commenting but he doesn't? Just curious. Based on my previous experience in these boards, knife usually does point to SK and guns to mafia, unless it's a themed game then the mods usually try to tailor the MO to the theme. Perhaps Jesse would be nice enough to shed a clue here so we don't waste time discussing it lol... @ Jesse…

Demeter - - Game Library

Quote from World --: “hey jesse, I'm not sure what to do now, I was added here and I get confused Does this poll vote someone to become team leader or president or something?” Thank you, World, for not making me regret my vote. I think Jesse (and everyone else) had been very nice in the sign-up thread, giving you a chance to learn/play the game or back out. A lot of people even explained the game mechanics in detail for you. All I can say is: if you're pro-town, sucks for us. If you're mafia, ya…

Demeter - - Game Library

Quote from World --: “I think we want to lynch scum. and I agree, there are 3 scum of 13 so , will let you guys guess the possibilities should be 13C6” I normally give a pass to newbies as well. It seemed to me at first while reading the thread that World was just inexperienced and needed some form of guidance. I don't feel comfortable about how everyone wants to lynch World just because he's acting like how normal newbies do. Seems a bit opportunistic for mafia. But here's the thing. There's a …

Demeter - - Game Library

Quote from bakakadassa: “Ok, I just wanted to say my previously RVS vote on Demeter is now a serious one (as of this post). RThe reason being a weird tone in her response (why me?? on RVS???)” Can someone please tell me what RVS means? Anyway, the why me was just me playing around as we were still in the spamming phase. Precisely why I added that smiley face (besides it's cute!) As for me answering my own question, it's coz I chuckled when I realized your reasoning and I didn't want to give up m…

Demeter - - Game Library

Checking in! Why me baka? Oh I just understood your vote after rereading LOL. I haven't played Ikariam in a long time. I don't even remember what that wonder does anymore. IMO the only useful one is the bonus to marble.

• Mod a Game

Demeter - - The Mafia Game

Quote from late0: “I hereby challenge Demeter to her spot to mod an intermediate game, whenever she is back around a computer. Challenge: A game of rock-paper-scissors, sent in a PM to one of the Mafiosos. Let me know if you accept.” LOL. You could've just asked nicely and I might have given you the spot. But since you insist ... *slaps late0 with a white glove* Challenge accepted! (Now I just need the chosen mafioso to rig the challenge for me. ) @deadlyotaku: it is as bam said. Try to play mor…

• Mod a Game

Quote from mmaatt2: “uhmmm... I'm co-modding a game at .org in a couple of days.... and in about a week and a half I'll be modding my own beginner game there... and 5 or 6 intermediates coming before me won't finish in the period of 2 weeks... so yeah... I could do that... Side Note... the Mods at .org banned the use of the word "scum" in mafia games lol... someone took the game a little too seriously... and I don't feel people understand you're not supposed to post at night...” We usually don't…

• Mafia Questions

Quote from Old Nick: “ If one sibling dies other commits suicide. Does this link no that they are linked? And the same question about "lovers".” Usually, no, they don't know they are linked. In advanced games it is possible for mods to change it though.

• Mafia Questions

@ Kitten,if I'm understanding your version of the "boss" correctly, if there's a blocking role, the boss needs to be blocked to stop mafia actions? Here the GF is just the one who sends the kill to the mod. So in Heather's example, if there's a roleblocker in the game, they need to block Bob to stop him from killing. If the roleblocker blocks the boss, Dave still dies because it was actually Bob who did the killing, not the boss. In Heather's example, only the GF has a special power since the 2 …

• Mafia Questions

For beginners, we normally only use townie, doc, cop, goon. Higher level games have blockers, etc. Here's a useful thread for the guide on different levels and what to expect.

• Mafia Questions

Quote from KITTEN*: “Sorry, I will try differently. We will admit in a mafia 3 persons. These 3 persons choose the executor who writes mod whom kill. And so this executor gets out once? Or on each order there can be a different executor?” Gonna try and have a shot at this question. By executor, do you mean the person who writes to the mod for the mafia group? Or the one who does the killing for the mafia for the night? If it's the first one, it's normally the one who has the Godfather role (if t…

• Mod a Game

Quote from Bride Of Sadistyx: “I have an interesting idea for a beginner game. But have no mod experience. Would like to discuss my ideas to insure they would work for this forum. Will also need a strong co-mod.(if idea is approved)” BoS, PM me what you have in mind and we'll see. As for co-mod, I can do it or any of the other more experienced mods if you prefer/they want.

• Mod a Game

Quote from Thezmon: “What if you put everyone into one, unified list, and just have what difficulty game they will be modding afterwards? Might make it easier for you when/if queues get bigger. EX: Heather - ADV Aj The Epic - Intermed Thezmon - ADV Just a suggestion...” The problem with doing it like this is that it would be pretty much set in stone the order of type of games. In the past (and we still do) we usually play it by ear and see which game goes up next (Int or Adv). You guys may recal…

• Mod a Game

Quote from Aj The Epic: “psh. Should i now be getting a scheme together for you since both games ended, or wait for a day after Heather's begins??” You can submit it for approval early. This is encouraged actually, since it gives us time to iron out things if your setup needs to be worked on (it took mang0 and me a few days to work out his). Having the setup approved doesn't mean you get to start the game immediately. It just makes it easier once your turn comes since we don't have to rush then.…

• Mod a Game

Quote from Thezmon: “Hah. Demeter, who hosts the game after Heather, me or AJ? I thought it was AJ, but I want to make sure before finalizing all of my roles...” AJ should be after Heather then you. Of course, if AJ doesn't get his steup approved I think Imma steal his spot.

• Mod a Game

Come to think of it, I think I will just update the first post again and put the "list method" back. It's easier that way for any mafioso around to know whether we have mods lined up for a game or not so we can know how to proceed. Beginner games WILL always run as necessary though, even if no one has signed up to mod. Option to mod would be offered during the sign up thread. Otherwise, a mafioso would take over modding.