Pinned Mafia Game Q & A

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• rdlazar, it's usually randomized. Some people draw names out of a hat to see who gets what roles, some use online randomizers. Some tweaking MIGHT be involved but over-all it's mostly random.

Junior-B, you're excel is very smart to be doing it on its own. lol
      As my memory rests but never forgets what I lost, wake me up when September ends.....

Sig By: Keteri
    • cheese wrote:

ok i need a question answered

what is the differnce between a sane cop and an insane one?

whats the differnce between a sane doc and an insane doc?

sane doc protects his target, insane doc has a 50% to fail protection and actually kill his target by mistake.

Sane cop gets valid results, insane cop gets mixed up results, instead of guilty he gets innocent and instead of innocent he gets guilty. Difference is the insane cop can figure this out via lynches and deaths and then know his results are the opposite of what they should be.

You can use this site for basic info on some of the many roles...

mafia roles
      R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
      Annie's Hope
    • Hey just a basic question about the guildelines on playing/modding games. Are you allowed to only play in one game at a time? and also are you allowed to mod a game and play one at the same time?
    • Wow their used to be a lot of other mafia players, what ever happened to them. Just got bored with Ikariam and quit playing the game and the boards?

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
    • Zullu wrote:

Sane cop gets valid results, insane cop gets mixed up results, instead of guilty he gets innocent and instead of innocent he gets guilty. Difference is the insane cop can figure this out via lynches and deaths and then know his results are the opposite of what they should be.

Here's my question. I've yet to get a straight answer from any Mafia forum.

If you're playing a setup that has a Sane (returns correct results) cop, an Insane (returns incorrect results) cop, a Naive (returns every result as Innocent) cop and a Paranoid (returns every result as Scum) cop, what happens for each when they investigate:

- Godfather (supposed to always return an Innocent result)
      - Miller (supposed to always return a Scum result)

Does the Cop's flavour trump the player's Power, or does the player's Power trump the Cop's flavour?
    • I can't speak for any other mods here, but the way I play those are:

Godfather:
      Sane cop - innocent
      Insane cop - guilty
      Naive cop - innocent
      Paranoid cop - guilty

Miller:
      Sane cop - guilty
      Insane cop - innocent
      Naive cop - innocent
      Paranoid cop - guilty

So basically, neither power trumps the other. The godfather still gives back a result to the cops as though he were a standard innocent player. The thing is, if an insane cop has already figured out he's insane, he'll treat that guilty result as though he got an innocent.