Unofficial Manual for Ikariam Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Unofficial Manual for Ikariam Discussion Thread

This is a thread to discuss the Unofficial Manual for Ikariam

Feel free to point out any errors you may see. Or suggest topics that you would like to see covered there.

I know Embassy and setting up an alliance are not done yet but they will be very soon. Just need a day or two to get all the info gathered and written up.
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • The only "mistake" I can see with it is in the town hall subsection when you talk about corruption b/c it is now implemented fully. It is such a small thing I almost feel bad pointing that out. *runs away quickly trying to hide but knowing no one can hide from the all powerful zullu*

But really zullu, it looks great. I wish I had a guide like that when I first started. Well now the noobs have a good starting place. Great job.
  • The Museum Post has an error of having 2 "purposes". First one is the correct one involving the Museum but you mistakenly added below it the Hideout one, which is in the above post.
  • RE: Unofficial Manual for Ikariam Discussion Thread

Great guide.

I noticed everywhere else you mention corruption you state it is dependent on "colonies" not palace level, except here:

9. Corruption: If you have corruption in a town it you will see this message. To get rid of corruption full, one must have a Governor's Residence the same level as their Palace.

I just wanted to confirm that: I will not get corruption upon expanding my palace one level more than my GR's, only once my next colony has actually been planted.

Sorry if it seems like i am being picky, but that was the only question I was hoping to get answered from reading your guide.

Thanks.

edit: also think
    CAUTION: Clicking will use up instantly how ever much wine is to be served per hour. So do not click it over and over.
    An example would be if you decided to serve 57 wine per hour. Clicking would then use up 57 wine the moment you click. So clicking it more will continue to use up 57 wine per click.

The 2.7 patch notes said that had been fixed, I just tried it and it does seem to only take one round of wine upon mutiple "cheers" presses.

Thanks again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dogsbody ().

• I'm not Zullu but I can speak from experience on this.

You will NOT get corruption by expanding your palace beyond the level of you GRs.

You WILL get corruption the moment you found that next colony.
  • RE: Unofficial Manual for Ikariam Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Dogsbody
    Great guide.

I noticed everywhere else you mention corruption you state it is dependent on "colonies" not palace level, except here:

9. Corruption: If you have corruption in a town it you will see this message. To get rid of corruption full, one must have a Governor's Residence the same level as their Palace.

I just wanted to confirm that: I will not get corruption upon expanding my palace one level more than my GR's, only once my next colony has actually been planted.

Sorry if it seems like i am being picky, but that was the only question I was hoping to get answered from reading your guide.

Thanks.

Thanks for catching that, fixed and updated to reflect the true meaning.

edit: also think
    CAUTION: Clicking will use up instantly how ever much wine is to be served per hour. So do not click it over and over.
    An example would be if you decided to serve 57 wine per hour. Clicking would then use up 57 wine the moment you click. So clicking it more will continue to use up 57 wine per click.

The 2.7 patch notes said that had been fixed, I just tried it and it does seem to only take one round of wine upon mutiple "cheers" presses.

Thanks again.

Ah good catch that has been updated as well.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • The guide looks good, I can tell you spent a lot of time on it. :) One thing stood out to me, though.

At the bottom of the warehouse section, where you list the levels of warehouse needed for different numbers of colonies, I don't think you are taking into account that the town hall stores some goods that aren't included in the warehouse capacity (1000 wood and 300 of each luxury resource). So in order to have 4 colonies, you only need a level 15 warehouse, not 16, and for 5 colonies you just need a level 17 warehouse, not 18. I haven't checked the the levels needed for other amounts of colonies, but I know for 4 and 5 I only needed warehouses of 15 and 17.
  • In this post on warehouse, the warehouse requirements are incorrect.

I am not sure about the others, but...

Lvl 15 WH needed for 4 colonies
    Lvl 17 WH needed for 5 colonies
    Lvl 18 WH needed for 6 colonies

Which means that probably...

Lvl 19 WH needed for 7 colonies
    Lvl 20 WH needed for 8 colonies

You are probably forgetting that the town hall stores 1000 of each resource, which puts you over the threshold for required resources.
  • Thanks will double check my numbers for the higher up ones and correct the ones I got wrong. I might have mis-keyed my info from wiki on that. Should have known better and checked in-game lol much eaiser there.

Actually now that I think of it I think I might know why....I don't have my notes with me atm, I think those numbers are based on the default requirements and NOT the cost reduction requirments that you can get via research. I know having the research saved me a lvl of warehouse near the 4th or 5th colony.

But thanks for the heads up will correct that tonight.

Also is there any information you feel is missing? As in other types of guides? It will most likely be a week, when I am off work again, that I can finish up the alliance creation and embassy part, also need to edit in the Palace as well.

I was thinking either treaty guide or perhaps Ambrosia and premium advisor guide/manual showing the different looks.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • Ok I looked back over my notes, looks like those levels are the levels needed without any of the resource reducing techs. If someone can confirm this it would be appreciated.

I will amend that list thought to reflect what the both of you have posted. Could you let me know if you have all the resource reducing techs researched yet or if you have any so I can properly post the levels and techs needed?
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • Yes, I have all the resource reducing techs done (except for Economic Future).

For me, a level 5 palace/GR costs 198144 wood/132096 marble/88064 crystal/88064 wine and a level 6 palace/GR costs 396288 wood/264192 marble/176128 crystal/176128 wine.
  • I noticed that palace levels aren't mentioned. Could you add that in, please? I was just writing down all the soft caps for super easy reference instead of just easy reference for what I should build up next :)
  • As a n00b who just began playing a couple of days ago, first I'd like to thank you very much for posting this. It has clarified quite a bit for me.

A suggestion that I have for another guide is to have more information about the different interactions with other towns, especially spying and looting. If I send a spy, even if I'm just curious and have no intention of looting, will I get attacked if the other player figures out who sent the spy. What is the formula for determining how likely it is that your spy gets detected in any given mission? How exactly does a battle work?

These are the questions that brought me to this forum and although I've browsed and used the search feature, I haven't found answers.

Thanks,
    daisy
  • ok sooo, i'm getting ready to join an alliance HOWEVER for whatever reason there is no handshake icon next to ANY alliance when I look through my embassy. I have diplomacy points and a lvl 3 embassy. Why am I unable to join an alliance?? If there this is a glitch who would I report this to. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)
  • i would suggest to never build slingers they are next to useless. the way to get the most out of your sulfur is through swordsman, but the way to get the most out of your money is phalanx's archers and if you are far enough steam giants. i would also suggest doing workshop upgrades they make a huge difference in battle. oh and one last thing lol walls are huge a level 10 town wall on a level 10 town hall will give you a 100% defense bonus so they will have to send more than twice the troops at you just to win