Unofficial Manual for Ikariam Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Originally posted by The Riddler
    i would suggest to never build slingers they are next to useless. the way to get the most out of your sulfur is through swordsman, but the way to get the most out of your money is phalanx's archers and if you are far enough steam giants. i would also suggest doing workshop upgrades they make a huge difference in battle. oh and one last thing lol walls are huge a level 10 town wall on a level 10 town hall will give you a 100% defense bonus so they will have to send more than twice the troops at you just to win

SLingers do not use sulfur though. ANd besides, they are good for those towns that have no defense. I send out 5-10 at a time (depending on the town wall level) and they come back with 10-20k a hit. Thats a great use for them, since they are cheap. No I wouldnt build massive amounts if you have soemthing better, but my slingers serve me well (and have good back up).I would love to someday build a couple thousand and hit someone with a good sized military though, just for the WTF factor :P

Your wall information is a bit off. If the town is 10 and the wall is at least 10, you will get the greatest def. boost. However, the percentage seems to change a bit as you go further up in levels. I recently went up against a level 17 town with a 25 wall. The defense bonus was pretty impressive but not nearly as much as i thought it would be. The player had a 190% bonus. I have had towns where my wall and town hall were equal and had over 200% defense.

OP: great guide. I cant wait until there is an all out strategy guide for this game so I can stop answering the same questions over and over in game.
  • I spotted a mistake in the discussion on the Town Hall satisfaction overview; it lists the Utopia satisfaction bonus as applying to the research bonus section, whereas the bonus only adds to the capital bonus (which means that researching Utopia only benefits the capital)

Just a small error 8)

Musicman99
  • RE: Unofficial Manual for Ikariam Discussion Thread

Aside from a couple of insignificant spelling errors the only thing that I noticed that was confusing was in the Town Wall section, under Possible Breaches. It says the attackers get a 10% bonus for every lvl of the Town Wall. I figured out from the link u inserted that it's supposed to be for every lvl of ur Town Hall. Being a noob here i found it to be VERY helpful overall, thx for putting in the time and putting it out there :D

Oh, one more thing. How do u start a Colony on another Island? I know u can just click on a Flag on ur own Island to do it but I don't see the point in that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Black Dragon ().

• RE: Unofficial Manual for Ikariam Discussion Thread

Lol, k, I figured out how to start colonies. But it would still be a good thing to add in the guide. Maybe add it to the Island view and again under Palace/Governor's Residence.
  • Originally posted by musicman99
    I spotted a mistake in the discussion on the Town Hall satisfaction overview; it lists the Utopia satisfaction bonus as applying to the research bonus section, whereas the bonus only adds to the capital bonus (which means that researching Utopia only benefits the capital)

Just a small error 8)

Musicman99

Thank you, I will be updating it soon. Most likely mid week, next week if not sooner. As I am sure some things will need to be changed once the test server is given version 3.0

But I will be working on fully revamping the guide with the new buildings and such as well.
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • I saw no information about how to use, and upgrade the mill and quarry etc.
    Also nothing about the wonders and their effects and whether to spend money on donations or not. Some questions which I was looking for answers to at one time, thought I'd pass it along.

Great guide, a great help to me early in the game I must say.
    Thanks!
  • Governor Researched

When and where does the Civil servant "Governor" come into play. I have done the research in the lab but can not find where to obtain a Governor as quoited in the game.

"If we employ a civil servant, we can then not only pillage another town, but also use and manage it. In no time we will be using the wealth of others for our own gain and will let our own towns rise up with use of their resources. Allows: Occupation"

Thanks
  • At this time there is no report of occupation being implemented. Until we hear something otherwise there isnt really a purpose in having a post about it :P. Once it does come back I'm sure the master of the guides will make a post about it.