Pinned Inactivity Ghosting Times - Current!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Inactivity Ghosting Times - Current!

The inactivity phases are now:
      Phase 0 (Hour 0 to Hour 24, sorting the fun regs out, no long time inactivity) :
      If you don't build anything in the 24 hours after registration, you get deleted

Phase 1 (First week after registration) :
      You become inactive after 2 days with no login, you get ghosted 2 days later.

Phase 2 (Week 2 until 1 Month)
      You become inactive after 7 days with no login, you get ghosted 4 days later.

Phase 3 (1 Month until 3 Months)
      You become inactive after 7 days with no login, you get ghosted 14 days later

Phase 4 (3 Month until end of times)
      You become inactive after 7 days with no login, you get ghosted 30 days later.
      Old inactives (before the update) will remain for the present and are not affected by this change.

Banned users with no ambrosia will be deleted rather than ghosted.

This is done about every four hours on a daily basis.

One account to rule them all.
    • Question: How do vacation/deletions work now? For instance:

1) Does someone in vacation mode pop out of it after a pre-set time?

2) If someone is perma-banned (no ambrosia bought), how long till their account is deleted?

3) If someone is perma-banned (and they purchased ambrosia), how long till their account is deleted?

Enquiring minds want to know! :D
    • 1) I *believe* that when accounts did this in the past it was due to a bug, and that they should be deleted normally according to those phases. I'll have to check on that though. Update: These accounts should all have been deleted at this point.

2) The only reason that perma-banned players were taking longer than usual in the past was due to vacation mode, banned status has nothing to do with deletion.

3) Accounts with Ambrosia are never deleted, as I said in #2, banned status has nothing to do with deletion.

One account to rule them all.
    • i want to know if accounts under godly protection are somehow above those rules.

if have on few islands near my cities about 15 towns , size 10 , under protection , that have 0 score both rank and military.

those have been there for months , i even reported a few , but nothing , they are still there.

also , they are not from same player , though they seem connected , player names look like : PR_1 , PR_2, etc.
    • BabyFirefly wrote:

If you have Ambrosia your account will be around after 1 year, otherwise it will be deleted after 35-37 days.

Vacation mode will be lifted around 30 days of inactivity, as well.
      There are some people on one of my islands that have appeared inactive since I first built on that island. Now I haven't been keeping exact stats, but I've been playing for around 3 months, and they're still not deleted. Is there a way to check if they possess ambrosia or am I just out of luck?
    • We will never release information about someone else's account. However, there have been times when the "automatic" deletion of accounts doesn't work very well. Gameforge is continually working to improve the process. In general though, if an account goes inactive, and isn't deleted in over a month, there is a good chance the account has some ambrosia on it.
    • I have a couple of questions:

1) How long can you remain in vacation mode? For someone in phase 4

2) After vacation mode is over by inactivity, do you become inactive? And if so, will it be 30 days till your account gets deleted? So someone without Ambriosa has a maximum of 60 days inactivity before his account gets deleted.

3) Does the "type" of Ambriosa matters weather you can be in Ikariam forever or not? like, tutorial Ambriosa, Surveys Ambriosa (Ambriosa you don't pay personally, but sponsors do), and Ambriosa you buy yourself.
    • 1 and 2) Vacation mode is not effected by inactivity. You can remain in vacation mode for up to 30 days regardless of anything else.

2b) That is correct, someone without ambrosia that has just put themselves into vacation mode should have 60 days to log back in before there account is deleted.

3) Yes it matters, but there are only 2 kinds of ambrosia. Tutorial ambrosia and everything else. Tutorial ambrosia will not stop your account from being deleted.

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • Omikron is 2 months old.

Is the deletion times up to date. Cos if it isn't it should be updated.

Thank you Carter & Crosswind

There's a difference between bravery and stupidity - Cookie Monster
      With a bit of creativity there is always another option - Cookie Monster
      You can get beginners luck, but the rest is all you - Cookie Monster

Visit the Fan Art Section
    • ImperialUser wrote:

1 and 2) Vacation mode is not effected by inactivity. You can remain in vacation mode for up to 30 days regardless of anything else.

2b) That is correct, someone without ambrosia that has just put themselves into vacation mode should have 60 days to log back in before there account is deleted.

3) Yes it matters, but there are only 2 kinds of ambrosia. Tutorial ambrosia and everything else. Tutorial ambrosia will not stop your account from being deleted.

Actually not all your information is correct and has recently been changed. In recent update, GF changed how it deals with inactives. Someone without ambrosia doesn't lose their account, only accounts deleted are banned accounts. An inactive player gets what has be termed "ghosted", their towns won't appear in the game, and others can take their spot, but if they return and spots still vacant, they will have the exact same set up. If spots are taken, and island is full, they get moved to nearest same type island.

As for ambrosia users, their accounts will get ghosted also, so don't think because you are an ambrosia user your island spots are safe. Some players were deeply upset about this change, because some had used ambrosia to place colonies in certain locations, and feel that since they paid they shouldn't lose their spots even if they are away from game for long time. One last note, this change, only effected players that became inactive after the update, players that were already inactive before update, will still remain on server.
    • magnanimousness wrote:

Someone without ambrosia doesn't lose their account, only accounts deleted are banned accounts.
      Where did you get that info? I can check but as far as I know accounts are deleted as they were previously and "ghosting" only happens to banned accounts or accounts with ambrosia. A little backwards to what your saying.

--(added)--

Ok I can confirm that account deletions no longer happen, whether you have ambrosia or not. So 4 months from now your account would still exist, you would just possibly be on different islands if the islands your on are taken up.

As for the timing, we are assuming that it is still the same for ghosting. But I'll update at a later time when I can confirm that.

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • ImperialUser wrote:

Where did you get that info? I can check but as far as I know accounts are deleted as they were previously and "ghosting" only happens to banned accounts or accounts with ambrosia. A little backwards to what your saying.

It seems pretty clear, ImperialUser

calonkat wrote:

A previously unannunced feature of the 0.4.4 update has been revealed.

Players who go inactive after the 0.4.4 update will now not be deleted if they don't have Ambrosia. Rather, all new (i) accounts will be placed into a "ghost" mode, where they will seemingly disappear from the servers. This applies to Ambrosia accounts as well as non Ambrosia accounts.

When a player returns to that world and logs into his account, his towns will return to their islands. If his town spots were taken, his towns will be placed on other spots on the same island, or on a nearby island of the same resource type if his island is completely full.