version 0.3.0 released data

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Originally posted by thanakar
    Are the new city screens animated (I hope not)!

They are not, at least not right now. Things do change, like say you are sending goods out, after you hit send, a cargo ship appears in your harbor, but no animation to it.

updated--zullu
  • How will the new cost changes for cargos affect players that have 100 or more of them AND What are the prices for 100th cargo and above?

This will help me make a decision whether to wait for the update or just buy cargos now.
  • What will happen when the patch is applied while building/sawmills being upgraded ? How much goods will be lost due to warehouse capability change? I heard sth about 150% (aka, lvl18 warehouse can have 140k goods, but will allow you to keep 210k?) but cannot confirm the source ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by kibitz ().

• Originally posted by firex
    so when is the new versoin coming?

There is no release date as of right now, when there is one, there will be an announcement.

I would answer others, but alas, I do not know the answer, so I apologize.
  • Originally posted by Lightning
    How will the new cost changes for cargos affect players that have 100 or more of them AND What are the prices for 100th cargo and above?

This will help me make a decision whether to wait for the update or just buy cargos now.

I did not notice this right away, but I can tell you that the prices for cargo ships have been reduced, however, I do not know what is going to happen to those that have more than 100. Right now, for me, to buy my 48th ship without the hermes, it is 42,360, and it is 38,132 with it. On top of that I heard #52 would normally cose over 350k, while with the v0.3.0 it is 49,362

Woulda answered earlier, but I missed this, sorry.
  • how about speed? i see the attack ships are greatly boosted for speed...what about the cargo ships are their sailing speed increased?

also i noticed this posted earlier: Economy Changes Gold per Citizen: 3 upkeep on scientists: 6 1 citizen produces 1 wood/hr (SAME) 1 citizen produces 1 lux/hr (NEW) is this an upgrade for citizens making gold? i dont know what they make right now!

i have an odd feeling that when this hits its gona be a military quagmire....faster attack ships cheaper units its gona be wild!

updated--zullu
  • 3 questions

how are taverns affected by this update?
    i heard around that the tavern are going to offer less happiness or less wine. any clarification will be great.

besides the army will there be any more uses for sulfur?

since the trade port has no effect on how much somebody pillages, would it better if people just upgrade their port to as high as they can?

updated--zullu
  • trying to answer questions...

tradeships will have speed of 60.. this is a 3x speed increase

Citizens make 4 gold/hr currently, so 3/hr is actually a downgrade.. then again.. scientists had an upkeep of 8.. and it is now down to 6..

Taverns now only produce +60 happiness instead of +80.. , they will also cost more wine at each level.. OTOH they will be less expensive to level.. though since all luxury production is doubled.. it is not so bad. I believe a screenshot of the tavern levels and their requirements will be coming.

Sulfur is now used instead of crystal for Palace/GR upgrades to Level 3 and 4. Levels 5 and above will also require crystal.

yes.. it is now viable to level one's tradeport.
  • Originally posted by betaalpha5
    3 questions

i heard around that the tavern are going to offer less happiness or less wine. any clarification will be great.

since the trade port has no effect on how much somebody pillages, would it better if people just upgrade their port to as high as they can?

1:you can see the difference in the taverns and their happiness tward the beginning of this topic.

2: sulfur wil be used in your gov res upgrades

3: yes the further its up the faster you can transport goods.
  • taverns are much cheaper to build
    taverns give less happyness for serving wine
    taverns require you to serve more wine

sulfur is used in upgrading gr/palace

Yes, build that port up. if you feel safe doing it id suggest softcapping it before the update. That will give you more time to focus on other buildings after the update is released. Thats asuming your townhall and walls are already soft capped, they should be first priority before the update.

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
    * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
  • Originally posted by nitrous83
    how about speed? i see the attack ships are greatly boosted for speed...what about the cargo ships are their sailing speed increased?

Yes, I see that in 2.8 it is 20 and in 3.0 it's 60

also i noticed this posted earlier: Economy Changes Gold per Citizen: 3 upkeep on scientists: 6 1 citizen produces 1 wood/hr (SAME) 1 citizen produces 1 lux/hr (NEW) is this an upgrade for citizens making gold? i dont know what they make right now!

Not sure what this question is about tbo, what are you asking?

i have an odd feeling that when this hits its gona be a military quagmire....faster attack ships cheaper units its gona be wild!

Originally posted by betaalpha5
    3 questions

They offer less happiness, and you have to pay more, for example, a lvl 3 tavern, you have to put 13 wine per hour in.

Yes, for example, the GR/Palace will require sulphur, a lvl 3 upgrade on uses wood, marble, & sulphur.

Not sure

Just a tip, of you go to the first page, Zullu has given us some awesome information that can answer most of the questions for you.

For the other questions, sorry I cannot answer atm, I know I am going to prolly repeat myself a lot, but it's true.

Sorry Nitrous, I do not have that kinda info.

EDIT: Lol, I have been sniped by a few :P
  • I thought there were no softcaps, yet the new buildings zullu posted have softcaps. Are there softcaps still? Hardcaps? None?

updated--zullu

The post was edited 1 time, last by istril ().

• How much of an advanced warning will we get before the new version goes live on .com? The reason I ask is because I've got alot of resources that need shuffling, and it would be nice to have at least a few days notice prior to the switch so I can make sure everything I've got is safe.
  • One question: Breach bonus fixed with upgraded units / units with assault bonus?

There's been conflicting information on the discussion forum.

updated--zullu
  • one more question, any idea if the defend port/town work now? i know in 2.8 there were still bugs that had to be fixed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by betaalpha5 ().

• Originally posted by istril
    I thought there were no softcaps, yet the new buildings zullu posted have softcaps. Are there softcaps still? Hardcaps? None?

Those aren't soft caps. That's just the point where there's no more data.
    Soft caps are where the price suddenly jumps 4x or more within a single level, making that upgrade incredibly unappealing.

There are NO soft caps. There are NO hard caps except 120 trade ships... and that one I'm not even certain of.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MoreBeer ().