version 0.3.0 released data

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I see land units have a speed now. How is this being used?

It seems as though units are less balanced, with points now being mostly in either offense or defense. And stamina has gone down dramatically. Is the combat system changing?

updated--zullu
  • I see land units have a speed now. How is this being used?

Now instead of the default travel time, before same island was 20 mins, one island over was 40, etc etc, it is based off the speed of the slowest unit for same island attacks only. Off island attacks are still based off the travel time of cargo ships.

Same Island can be as fast as 10 mins now. One island over is now 20 mins, due to faster cargo ships

It seems as though units are less balanced, with points now being mostly in either offense or defense. And stamina has gone down dramatically. Is the combat system changing?

I would say its more balanced now. Instead of the normal SG, Phal for defense you will see more of the units used. Bombs now serve a purpose where as before they were very situational.
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • Put in an index on the first page for easier navigating.

Also updated all questions that we can.

If your question was not updated, chances are we don't have high enough buildings to answer those questions or we simply can't(ex When will it go live, what will happen to carry over resources etc) do to not being able to test this.

Added some new UI pics
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • Sorry if this has been asked before but, Are the soft caps of mills/lux also getting adjusted or removed? If so, by how much? I would also like to know about the level increase of them by +1 is and/or has gone into effect.

Edit: updated--zullu
  • Seems like a lot of the changes don't make sense, at least from a story line point of view. Phalanx as the ideal defensive unit made a lot of sense. Looking at the stats now, it seems that the highest defense with best defensive upgrades is the Ram. I don't remember any stories where a town was defended with battering rams...

And some just don't make sense in general. Why would unit speed matter if you're going 20 island away? They're both being loaded onto the same cargo ship. That's why I'd asked about movement speed, it didn't make any sense.

I remember reading that this was meant to balance the power back towards the attacker. With gold pillaging removed, the ability to build multiple warehouses and the devaluing of resources and increased military of the casual player due to lower maintenance... I see the game as being more defensive than ever. Am I missing something?
  • Originally posted by iniquity
    And some just don't make sense in general. Why would unit speed matter if you're going 20 island away? They're both being loaded onto the same cargo ship. That's why I'd asked about movement speed, it didn't make any sense.

My guess and I need more testing but , Troop speed only determines the attack time of same island attacks.

Off islands, thus needing the cargo ships is faster now due to the fact that cargo ships move 3x faster now.

Ok confirmed it, attack time is static no matter what troops are sent off island, but are faster now due to the increase speed of cargo ships now.

Troops speed only effects attack time if it is on the same island(thus no need for cargo ships)
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • Originally posted by iniquity
    Seems like a lot of the changes don't make sense, at least from a story line point of view. Phalanx as the ideal defensive unit made a lot of sense. Looking at the stats now, it seems that the highest defense with best defensive upgrades is the Ram. I don't remember any stories where a town was defended with battering rams...

can someone address this?

Why is a ram which is supposed to be used as an attack unit (i.e. breaking through a town wall) being used as the best defensive unit?

like this

Ram:
    Research Needed to Train: Siege(Military)
    Min lvl to train: Barracks Lvl 6
    Optimal Training lvl: Barracks Lvl 8
    Bonuses: Ram (chance to cause a breach in town halls when attacking)

Also, why are the higher units in research being brought down to the level of lesser units? Wasn't the entire point of having to wait 3-4 months to research those units was to be able to build them and actually use them?

If someone could explain why the stats are the way they are, i would be content but ive yet to see a coherent answer that follows any logic.
  • Originally posted by bmessin1
    Does the level of the town hall control how much can be pillaged? I believe I had read that but can't find it now.

Looting is 100% based on how many cargo ship the attacker sends. More cargo ships sent more loot(that is not protected) can be looted. Town Hall does not factor in.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • Originally posted by hackshot
    can someone address this?

Why is a ram which is supposed to be used as an attack unit (i.e. breaking through a town wall) being used as the best defensive unit?

like this

Ram:
    Research Needed to Train: Siege(Military)
    Min lvl to train: Barracks Lvl 6
    Optimal Training lvl: Barracks Lvl 8
    Bonuses: Ram (chance to cause a breach in town halls when attacking)

I will test this out in a min. But the higher defense on them will most likely be so that they survive longer in battles when attacking.

I will see how they work as defenders later today.

Also, I doubt you will get an answer from the Dev as to why they did what. The best any of us can do is test things out and re-eval the use of the troops.

Also rams just cause a chance to cause breachs. They don't need a high attack value at all to attack the walls. They get a chance, attack does not factor in. So if you gave them high attack and it would factor into the attacking value of the army, which is not what they are suppose to do.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • Does anyone have the base values on the buildings / units before researching Pulley/Geo/Spirit Level and before building any of the new buildings that give a reduction to Wood/Wine/Crystal/Marble/Sulfur?

If you have these figures (Click on Help > Buildings > Academy for instance) that will give you the base values that i am looking for.

Thanks!

Pyratic
    Pyratic - God of Fire

Pyratic ~ EPiC ~ Member
    Pyratic-G ~ UNBOB ~ Member
    Pyratic-D ~ -OB- ~ Member
  • zullu

Great work. I appreciate your efforts.
    If you find a way to get this data, many of us are still hoping to see the new building costs/times for gov.res/palace beyond level 4. Ideally 5/6/7/8/9 costs and times.

Thanks again,
    Elijah
  • Leeda,

I will have all of that info hopefully posted tonight or tomorrow night on Wiki. Im working as fast as i can to make sure all of the data is accurate as i upload it. ^^

Pyratic
    Pyratic - God of Fire

Pyratic ~ EPiC ~ Member
    Pyratic-G ~ UNBOB ~ Member
    Pyratic-D ~ -OB- ~ Member
  • Originally posted by zullu
    Ok confirmed it, attack time is static no matter what troops are sent off island, but are faster now due to the increase speed of cargo ships now.

Troops speed only effects attack time if it is on the same island(thus no need for cargo ships)

Ok I guess the real question then is why did the devs go to the trouble of adding yet another worthless option but still haven't fixed the wall breech bug or added occupation.
  • Originally posted by boyer92
    does anybody know if the futures and wonders are fixed

Wonders are still not working on the test server. They are still climbing.

Ok I guess the real question then is why did the devs go to the trouble of adding yet another worthless option but still haven't fixed the wall breech bug or added occupation.

As far as off island raids, it was not an option just a change in cargo ship speed. This means you can attack faster, and further now in less time before. I hardly find that useless at all. But then again that is my own view on that so don't hold much weight with others or the Devs :P

Yes it is sad to say some issues were not resolved but we have to move forward with testing what we can and not focus/worry about such things.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope