ambrosia!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• RE: ambrosia!

You have to supply a driver's license id to buy ambrosia?? No way would I ever give my driver's license id to anyone in a store or online.

Are you trying to pay by cheque perchance? Then seeing it to verify identity is normal in a store and recording it for an online purchase might be necessary in case the cheque is fraudulent. You must be able to pay by credit card or paypal instead?
  • I guess you always have the option of using pay pal to pay for it..
    I dont know why they ask for drivers license.. Its really inconvenient and this is one of the reasons why I go without buying ambrosia, on the other hand I bet they have a good reason for doing so.
  • A credit card is valid money. Cheques are iffy because money is not instantly removed from an account. Credit card companies also supply an additional line of security with their new password scheme and I believe they will swallow losses if fraud is discovered rather than the vendor if this is used. There is absolutely no need to collect identification information for credit card purchases.
  • despite all this how about offering ambrosia to ppl outside the US and Canada like say Australia cos i would get it and its all just electonic over the internet and if i can buy a mail order bride over the internet how come its so hard to provide ambrosia way out here "downunder" if this is a game for all to play then put us all on an even field of oppurtunty i would get ambrosia just so i didnt have to flick through 1000 screens over and over come on game forge or whoever it is that make these decisions i can use paypal on ebay to get stuff why not here????????
  • Originally posted by bobonalong
    despite all this how about offering ambrosia to ppl outside the US and Canada like say Australia cos i would get it and its all just electonic over the internet and if i can buy a mail order bride over the internet how come its so hard to provide ambrosia way out here "downunder" if this is a game for all to play then put us all on an even field of oppurtunty i would get ambrosia just so i didnt have to flick through 1000 screens over and over come on game forge or whoever it is that make these decisions i can use paypal on ebay to get stuff why not here????????

You must not have looked very closely. You CAN use Paypal to buy Ambrosia, I do.
  • You must not have looked very closely. You CAN use Paypal to buy Ambrosia, I do.

yes but the only country selections are US & Canada....

Concern is being forwarded at the moment

thanks merlin, i look forward to the day i can buy it and support this game
  • yes but the only country selections are US & Canada....

When I buy Ambrosia there isn't any country selector. I select Paypal as the payment option, and it brings up the Paypal log-in screen. I log into my Paypal account, and confirm the purchase, then it tells me it may take up to 40 mins for the transaction to complete. Do you have an additional Paypal step or something? I'm just curious.

Note: My Paypal account is tied to a US credit card.
  • When I buy Ambrosia there isn't any country selector. I select Paypal as the payment option, and it brings up the Paypal log-in screen. I log into my Paypal account, and confirm the purchase, then it tells me it may take up to 40 mins for the transaction to complete. Do you have an additional Paypal step or something? I'm just curious.

Mmmmm......yeah the country selector only has US&canada in the screen but clicking on the paypal option takes you to paypal and paypal is accepted in most countries so i am assuming your right ice though my card is tied to an aussie account but it might work...i hope so, thanks mate and sorry for ripping into ya yesterday
  • Originally posted by Colby210E
    i also would like to know why it says 14.99 and doesnt tell you it charges an extra 3 dollars and 23 cents.
    i had 25.00 dollars bought 100 ambrosia and i went down to 6.77

Can you check the transaction logs if it was really gamepay or gameforge that
    charged the whole amount or if it was someone else that charged the missing
    $3.24 ?

That would be the first time that I heard about too much money being charged.

(by) Lord Doom
    Fear the Magic!
  • Originally posted by PacoPico
    A credit card is valid money. Cheques are iffy because money is not instantly removed from an account. Credit card companies also supply an additional line of security with their new password scheme and I believe they will swallow losses if fraud is discovered rather than the vendor if this is used. There is absolutely no need to collect identification information for credit card purchases.

Not so. A cheque is safer money :) it is illegal to cancel a cheque w/o valid reason (or rather if they cash the cheque after you cancel it it is illegal).

With a credit card you can cancel a payment even after it has been paid and the CC company usually just takes the money off of the company without explanation. That is not illegal either.

Retaining money from a cheque is easier :)

In terms of fraud then yes the CC company will often swallow the losses... but it does depend. They do tend to be sharks (esp in the US). Visa are a pig too....
  • The only 'valid form of money is pure cash anyone that thinks credit cards are just like money is kidding themselves cos a cheque is your money a card is someone else's money and anyone using there credit cards like its their own money would have quite the debt i imagine
  • A visa giftcard or a pre-pay one. Basicaly was it given as a gift? Is it reloadable? If this is the case and you or whoever never had to sign up for it (meaning doing a credit check), then chances are, your missing money went to fees associated with using the card.