I Wona destroy enemy wall ??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I Wona destroy enemy wall ??

i have Created The RAM in barracks but it couldnt touch the enemy wall :S

What should i train (creat) then ??

and what if i wona destroy enemy buildings ?? is there are any Trebuchet or Catapult in the IKARAIM ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by stormy ().

• RE: I Wona destroy the wall ??

Originally posted by stormy
    i have Created The RAM in barracks but it couldnt touch the wall :S

What should i train (creat) then ??

and what if i wona destroy buildings ?? is there are any Trebuchet or Catapult in the IKARAIM ?

If you want to destroy buildings
    1click building
    2click demolish
  • x93, he presumably means buildings in SOMEONE ELSE'S town.
    In that case, you can't destroy them ever. It's impossible.
    Rams allow you to breach walls, which helps you in combat if the fight goes multiple rounds, but the damage is "healed" as soon as the fight is over.
  • i take that there is no such thing is destroy enemy wall ?? or even low the lvl of wall ??

and what about other buildings could i destroy them .. ??

(i dont need that for now but maybe if some smurf need to teach him a leson)
  • Originally posted by MoreBeer
    x93, he presumably means buildings in SOMEONE ELSE'S town.
    In that case, you can't destroy them ever. It's impossible.
    Rams allow you to breach walls, which helps you in combat if the fight goes multiple rounds, but the damage is "healed" as soon as the fight is over.
  • Yes,that would make no sense if you could destroy the wall that the player spent forever on upping it.THats like trying to destroy the whole town.Because all that hard work would go capoot.
  • Well I see his point - it doesn't not seem logical that the weapons in the game include all these rams and catapults but they don't do any 'real' damage. It doesn't make sense that you can send 10,000 rams and catapults at a town and the permanent damage to the wall is zero or repair is instant. I could see at least if the attacker's power is much larger than defense that the wall be taken down at least one level or that repair takes some period of time.
  • Originally posted by Gezabrut
    Well I see his point - it doesn't not seem logical that the weapons in the game include all these rams and catapults but they don't do any 'real' damage. It doesn't make sense that you can send 10,000 rams and catapults at a town and the permanent damage to the wall is zero or repair is instant. I could see at least if the attacker's power is much larger than defense that the wall be taken down at least one level or that repair takes some period of time.

its a game
    we throw "real" out the window
  • I'm sure a good amount of us would enjoy the idea, but that isn't a good way to keep people playing on ikariam. I'm sure people would be a touch irritated when they lose their buildings and possibly leave. The same would happen to a great majority of us.
  • Im sure you know this by now..

You cannot destroy town walls or any other building for that matter.. But rams do help in defense, each ram breaches a sectoin of the wall and gives the attacker a 10% bonus. So you can basically negate the walls defensive effect and use it for attack.. It's actually quite helpful...
  • RE: I Wona destroy enemy wall ??

I have Created The RAM in barracks but it couldn't touch the enemy wall :S

What should I train (create) then ??

and what if I want to destroy enemy buildings ?? is there are any Trebuchet or Catapult in the IKARAIM ?

None of the units designed to breach the opponents town wall work. Look here for information about this known bug.

Official List of Bugs v4.0 & Common Problems

Originally posted by arthur dent

and what if I want to destroy enemy buildings ?? is there are any Trebuchet or Catapult in the IKARAIM ?

None of the units designed to breach the opponents town wall work. Look here for information about this known bug.

I'm sorry, arthur dent, but your statement is flat out wrong.

All "ram" units will breach the wall (and spies can also breach the wall).

What does not work is any offensively upgraded unit will not get the +10% attack bonus for each breach. Neither will any unit with the Assault special ability.

This is not the same as "ram" units not working. They do work and if you send units to attack that do not have the Assault special ability nor have been upgraded offensively, they will get the +10% per breach bonus.
    Revenge is not a dish best served cold. Revenge is a dish best served at 3 million degrees Celcius.
  • Bug No:#8
    Name:Wall Breach bug
    Description:Attacking units which have attack upgrades do not gain the "breach" bonus during combat. Breach bonus is normally +10% attack per breach in a wall. Also, when using rams/catapults, they do not cause a wall-breach as they are supposed to.Status:Active Bug
    Resolution:Sending units without any upgrades to arrive after the units with the breach bonus should fix this.

I thought the above kind of just said Arthur Dent was right..
    Is it just me or did I read it wrong..?
  • Originally posted by justin1
    Bug No:#8
    Description:Attacking units which have attack upgrades do not gain the "breach" bonus during combat. Breach bonus is normally +10% attack per breach in a wall. Also, when using rams/catapults, they do not cause a wall-breach as they are supposed to.Status:Active Bug
    Resolution:Sending units without any upgrades to arrive after the units with the breach bonus should fix this.

I think Arthur knew the right answer ... it is just the way he wrote his explaination was completely wrong, b/c breaches do work .. just not as intended ...

If he just said wall breaches dont work as intended here is the link to the known bug he would've been right ... he said they dont work at all which is wrong.

Well I think this topic has been answered .. kind of.
  • Originally posted by Druggie
    I'm sure a good amount of us would enjoy the idea, but that isn't a good way to keep people playing on ikariam. I'm sure people would be a touch irritated when they lose their buildings and possibly leave. The same would happen to a great majority of us.

I'm not sure about that. I play another similar game to Ikariam called Travian. You can completely destroy other players towns in that game with the exception of their capital city, and you can knock that one down to the bare minimum of buildings. For all of that, there are hundreds of thousands of people that play across the various servers. I think it comes more down to what type of game you are looking to enjoy. Do you want a Sim-City type game where you can throw troops around and the only thing you loose are the troops and possibly be looted, or do you want to be able to raze your enemies cities to the ground. Ikariam is obviously the former...
  • Originally posted by carebear
    Yes,that would make no sense if you could destroy the wall that the player spent forever on upping it.THats like trying to destroy the whole town.Because all that hard work would go capoot.

lol girl dont worry he is on in-active list and wall prevent me to go in his village to steal his resources before his account deleted

Originally posted by Druggie
    . I'm sure people would be a touch irritated when they lose their buildings and possibly leave. The same would happen to a great majority of us.

i dont see any body leaving in other games (ex travian game ) just coz they lost thier building by Catapult or walls by rams

in fact travian getting more popular day after day

but they leaving travian coz of farming (getting attacked continuity) !

which makes Ikariam much better than travian coz travian have no rules about that

p.s. travian game look like Ikariam exactly same idea
  • Originally posted by stormy
    Originally posted by carebear
    Yes,that would make no sense if you could destroy the wall that the player spent forever on upping it.THats like trying to destroy the whole town.Because all that hard work would go capoot.

lol girl dont worry he is on in-active list and wall prevent me to go in his village to steal his resources before his account deleted

Originally posted by Druggie
    . I'm sure people would be a touch irritated when they lose their buildings and possibly leave. The same would happen to a great majority of us.

i dont see any body leaving in other games (ex travian game ) just coz they lost thier building by Catapult or walls by rams

in fact travian getting more popular day after day

but they leaving travian coz of farming (getting attacked continuity) !

which makes Ikariam much better than travian coz travian have no rules about that

p.s. travian game look like Ikariam exactly same idea

no ikariam isnot like travian

in travian no need to blocksomebody to attack his city
    in ikariam you need to block first then you send your troops

and many changed bs the grafich is awsome here :D

Originally posted by CoUstes
    Originally posted by arthur dent

I'm sorry, arthur dent, but your statement is flat out wrong.

All "ram" units will breach the wall (and spies can also breach the wall).

What does not work is any offensively upgraded unit will not get the +10% attack bonus for each breach. Neither will any unit with the Assault special ability.

This is not the same as "ram" units not working. They do work and if you send units to attack that do not have the Assault special ability nor have been upgraded offensively, they will get the +10% per breach bonus.

I think that spies do not help either...
  • Originally posted by justin1
    Bug No:#8

Vindicated again, Thanks Justin1.

Warning for spam- you have already been warned verbally by me for spam. Please read the board rules before posting again.-Tex