Read inside, name your price

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Read inside, name your price

Just as the subject line says. I'm not sure if anyone is willing to take the job, an not sure I can afford the asking price(s) either, so here's how we go:

1- You read what I want below
    2- You make me an offer of what you want to take the job
    3- If I can afford your asking price we can go form there, if not, then no harm done, an sorry to waste your time

The Job:

I have been recently attacked by someone with whom I traded before. I'm not sure what the reason is, but I'm guessing they wanted me to donate more wood to the resource pits, but the "more" they wanted is still beyond my ability. If that's not the reason, then I dunno what.

And to be absolutely clear, the 2 towns he attacked are level 10 & 4 respectively. The level 10 town 25K for the resource pit and 10K for the wood mill in the past 2 weeks. The level 4 however has wet to donate anything, because the update was coming and I had to upgrade my walls first.

On the first Island we have an active level 12 town that has only donated 10.5 K, so I'm thinking my donation may have not been generous, but are "fair". I was planning on donating 15K more, but he already took 11K off my town, plus another 20K of various resources.

My "target" has 7K+ military score vs my 600 military score. Gives you an idea about what I'm up against here :8:

Finally, if you don't wish to be directly involved, but have military advice and/or a work around this, feel free to contact me as well. I'm being forced to stop all production now, as I feel like I've been working for HIM for the last few days.

Thank you
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• I'm not mentioning any names, because you know who you are, and we all know who you are referring to. I know for a fact that the 'target' has asked you many times to donate over the past few months. This is not a surprise thing, as you have had plenty of opportunity. We all have been waiting on the patch to go into effect, yet somehow we still found the resources to donate.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lady Arcane ().

• Instead of re-editing my last post, I decided to reply to further clear the air on this situation.

1. (You) are not a new player. I personally have seen you around for quite some time, so please do not pretend that you are new.
    2. 'Target" has never traded with (you) before, that I know for a fact.
    3. (You) have been messaged quite a few times, before and after the patch about donating resources, so please do not act like you don't know why 'target' pillaged you.

You are not as new as you claim to be. I have seen you many times while scouring, and you have been here a while. Just because you have a small town doesn't make you new. I know for a fact that that town has been small since way before the patch. I'm not trying to be mean here, but anyone who looks at those screenshots and knows what to look for can tell you are leeching. We all know some people can not donate a lot all at once, but we all expect a person to try. After all, it's only fair.
  • Lady Arcane,

Thank You for bringing that to our attention. When he told me the name of the person who was "harassing" him I knew there was more to the story, as he wouldn't attack unless there was a problem.

Bak, I suggest you stop misling people to do your dirty work for you. Besides, how would you pay us to do your "dirty work" if you can't even afford to do the right thing on your island?
  • Oh, I'm caught with my pants down, so to speak!

I'm not at all a new player.. I have been on for moths, and Avalon has been messaging me to donate for months now, but I'm a bad boy.

Perhaps you can explain this:

Civilization, welcome to Ikariam!‏

Hermes (noreply@mmogame.com)

You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe

Sent:
    22 December 2008 22:09:09

To:
    bakakadassa@hotmail.com

You can always check with the GOs to verify the date of my account start. MONTHS hardly apply to 44 days since the start of my account to date.

Now since you KNOW FOR A FACT he had messaged me SEVERAL TIMES, I suggest you come up with proof, my fair lady. He only messaged me THREE times, one was to ask for donation, one was to exclaim why I had more workers on the Crystal pit than on wood, and one was "Oh, I see" when I had told him I was transferring wood from my other towns to donate.

And yes he did trade with me. I sold him like 30K of win before the update. I was stocking up Gold, and I'm not saying who, but someone tipped an XtrII member who had attacked me 7 times and blockaded my port (an 8th attack) on one day. 6 of the attacks were on Greece, the other two on Rome, so he wasn't in violation of the rules (because I know you will use a divertion now and ask why I didn't report them)

I'm not going to go on and on about this, but I hereby state that I'm open to attacks, so feel free.. and I promise even if you bash I will not report you.

Just one request though: DO NOT TELL LIES, ok?

P.S. China was my 4th town, an update was coming soon.. would YOU have upgraded your walls or donated the wood??

P.S.S. If it was only Avalon on the island(s) I would have been stubborn enough to claim I was not going to donate a single unit anymore. Unfortunately, it also concerns other players who had absolutely nothing to do with it, so I will be donating some in the near future, to the extent of my ability, but rest assured it's in NO WAY in honour of his pathetic actions.

Thank you, and with all due respect to your lady-ness!

The post was edited 1 time, last by bakakadassa ().

• Excuse me. Weeks, not months, however there are still some issues that need to be addressed.

First of all, as most everyone on Epsilon knows, Avalon and I live together, and yes, your name comes up quite a bit. I know he sends you messages, he tells me all the time. Anyone who looks at those screenshots can see that you are leeching. It's not like we are trying to pinpoint you out, you just happened to make this public.

As for trading; Buying wine from a player is different from trading. I can go buy goods from some and then turn around and pillage the rest of them. Trading is just that, you trade one for the other. Not the same thing.

And last but not least, even though you tried to protect yourself, the player did indeed bash you. It is not 6 attacks on each town, it is 6 attacks on each player. You can pillage three different towns twice, that's it. Brush up on your rules, mmkay?

We have tried to be nice about this, but you are taking it a bit far.

And yes, I would have donated what I could.

Oh, and had you refused if it were just him, the same thing would be happening. If you were on anyone's island and leeched, someone would get you for it, I can guarantee you that. He is not the only one who despises leechers.

• Btw, and I have just noticed it now, looking back at those nice screen captures, you have just posted PROOF to my aid, not the other way around. I had no workers on the "resources" pits on either towns at the time your nice images were taken. On contrary, all my workers were on -and only on- both wood mills! Goes a long way to convince people I was consuming resources that I hadnot paid for! :thumbup:

Thank you VERY MUCH, for putting them up.

Now if you look even further, Greece is marked in GREEN in the very town of Greece on the Crystal Glass pit, which is the very pit he had asked me to donate for.

Very ammusing. I rest my case! ^^

• Well, weeks, months , years.. they're all time increments, right? You
    are entitled to use one in the place of another anytime you wish I
    presume.

So, you and him live together.. what do I care? I
    suppose next you're going to tell me about your romantic dinner or what
    kin of roses he brings you?? What does this have to do with Ikariam???

So,
    he tells you all the time. Quiet convenient for someone to support the
    claim of the person they share their bed with. I can assure I fully
    trust the testimony in such cases and would take them to court for
    irrefutable evidence.

For trade, Lady, I suggest you refer to a dictionary for the definition of "trade" (also see commerce). I know it says "resources may not be offered in exchange for money) in the Forum Rules, but I was using it as a linguistic term, not an IGN term.

As for bashing, I refer you to board.ikariam.org/index.php?pa…255&highlight=bashing+faq

Which reads:

To quote from the Ikariam Game Rules (which you should have read by
    now)

Section 7. Bashing
    “It is not
    allowed to attack any given city owned by a player over 6 times in a single 24
    hours period.

And further down:

5. How many times can you attack a player in a 24-hour period?
    You can
    attack each city that player has up to 6 times.

An
    "experienced" player like yourself should have read the rules by now
    and fully digested them! Oh, I forgot.. you don't have time for that.
    You are being busy mistaking weeks for months, and leechers for
    newbies...etc.. etc.. my bad!

Regards

• Since I am in XtrII I would like to know the player in my alliance who so-called bashed you, because we have not been in existance for months...XtrII has only been in existance for a few weeks
  • Hmmm.. I doubt you can read beyond the 1st line of each post, my friend. Either that or you have a problem comprehending what you read!

I NEVER said he "bashed" me. I stated he was in NO VIOLATION of the rules. I provide QUOTES FROM THE RULES THREAD to prove he was NOT bashing me.

And as for your alliance having been in existance for only a few weeks, that great. Then he must've attacked me in the past few weeks as a well, or the last few days to be more precise. No one would've been able to attack me a few "months" back because my account didn't even exist. (Unless of course there IS such a thing as a time machine).

One more thing, please:

Bak, I suggest you stop misling people to do your dirty work for you.

Thank you very much for you compliments. I'm impressed.

Besides, how would you pay us to do your "dirty work" if you can't even
    afford to do the right thing on your island?

I thought YOU didn't want to get paid!

:bye:

• bakakadassa wrote:

Btw, and I have just noticed it now, looking back at those nice screen captures, you have just posted PROOF to my aid, not the other way around. I had no workers on the "resources" pits on either towns at the time your nice images were taken. On contrary, all my workers were on -and only on- both wood mills! Goes a long way to convince people I was consuming resources that I hadnot paid for! :thumbup:

Thank you VERY MUCH, for putting them up.

Now if you look even further, Greece is marked in GREEN in the very town of Greece on the Crystal Glass pit, which is the very pit he had asked me to donate for.

Very ammusing. I rest my case! ^^

Older players, regardless of what color it is, can look at that and tell you are leeching. It doesn't matter if you have zero workers in, you took them out before I was able to get my screenshot. You say you rest your case, look closely.... Do you see that right there? An honest player, Jaff, right below you.. You see him? He's half your size, yet has donated almost as much. You can't honestly tell me you are not leeching. You are beginning to take this out of hand, and you are trying to chew on a bigger bone than you can handle.

The point I was getting at with the fact we live together was simple. If you didn't understand the reasons, read it again, and do not try to belittle me. You are not choosing your words carefully, perhaps you should get some help typing up your posts. Don't bring in what happens in my house to this game unless it pertains to Ikariam. You are barking up the wrong tree.

And I have one last thing to say about 'newbies' and such... You have a total score of 46,817. That says it all right there. You are not a newbie, so quit trying to seem like one.

As for this, I am going to be the bigger person here and put a stop to this here and now. Everyone reading this will see the truth of it, and they are more than capable of coming to their own conclusions. I see no point in continuing arguing as it gets us nowhere.

Say what you want, try and justify yourself somehow, it doesn't matter. We all know what's going on now, so my best advice would be: Donate.

Simple as that.
  • To start I hit you for not donating plain and simple.I have been on this server a long time and most people on this server know how I operate. You get two warnings from me before I hit then after I hit I send a message telling why I hit. Then I give ample time for you to build up and donate ,but if I spy out your warehouse and you are sitting on 20000 wood and have not donated anything and still maxing out the resource then I take you for all you are worth.I despise a leeches.I have been quiet long enough on this issue. This issue is over.
  • Civilization, you're not going about this the right way and if you don't stop right now, it's not going to go well for you.

You started this thread trying to hire a merc to fight a well known and liked person. You told half=truths and outright lies to get people to want to attack him.

Imagine if it had been someone that nobody knew. We would have attacked someone that was just trying to teach a leecher a lesson.

It really doesn't matter what you say about what your thoughts, actions or motivations are, the fact remains that nobody likes a leecher.

Your insults and rudeness are just making everything worse. I've gone from wanting to help you to wanting to attack you myself. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    "It is the nature of stars to cross"
  • Cool! Show pillage reports that say you have pillaged 20K of WOOD (or any other resource for that matter) and I will owe you 500K of EACH resource.

I have this:

Greece

06.02.2009 0:49
    An army from Anduin has attacked and pillaged your town Greece. You were looted:
    • Building material: 4080
    • Wine: 11572
    • Marble: 62
    • Crystal glass: 11682
    • Sulfur: 2374

and this:

China

06.02.2009 5:25
    An army from Gondor has attacked and pillaged your town China. You were looted:
    • Marble: 1252
    • Sulfur: 1040

For reports on your two pillages on both towns. Can you counter these two reports??? :14:

• Kimber said it best. We do not like leechers, and you have now been labeled as such.

It doesn't matter what he took from you. That was AFTER asking you to donate. Should have done it before hand.

As for 20K wood, (He said you were sitting on it, not that he had pillaged it from you.), we know you have that in at least one of your towns. You see, two little birdies told us that, and they are quite lively.

• Kim, out of my respect to you, my dear friend.. I will not respond to you calling me a liar and a rude person.

What
    I will do is stick to the promise I made to the only person who seemed
    to see through all this, an that is not upgrading a single building on
    either of my four towns before I've donated 100K on EACH of the
    resources pits and 50K for each of the saw mills.

And to make it
    even easier for whoever is trying to spy on my towns, I'm deliberately
    sending my spies out to Avalon's towns so they get captured and won't
    be replacing them for now. That way you can keep an eye on the PILES of
    resources I have until I've fulfilled my promise.

Rest assure
    though that I do not do this because anyone's intimidation, nor am I
    following the General's instructions or his lovely missus advice.

I'm
    only doing this because I made a promise to A FRIEND (whom didn't even
    require me making such a promise either), and I always keep my promises.

P.S. NO MORE POSTS FROM ME ON THIS THREAD. To me: threadclosed
    Feel free to keep debating though, but I'm not even reading beyond this post. Anyone who wants to tell me anything you have my forum inbox and my IGN one to contact me.

THANK YOU everyone.