Defeater VS Gauntlet

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• RE: PLEASE EVERYONE READ THIS ALL CAREFULY! These are my last words.

Defeater wrote:

gabzkie24 wrote:

Ohh yeah!!!!! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

DEFEATER X( X( X( X(

your such a LOSER!!!!! :P :P :P :P

LOOOOOOLZzzzz :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

muwaaahahahahahahahaha :D :D :D :D

Somethings I would like to say and clarify before I leave the game:

When I posted before asking for help, it was because my friend sizzles asked for help against a player in another alliance, so I already had a talk with him before posting Cassidie, The attacker's total points in during that time was pretty higher than

the whole alliance total points, if you can see read my post so it wasn't fair at all and I hate this kind of

gaming, Not because you are very strong then you attack new players that are too much and pretty new to the game,

even tho if they have experience and everything, but still they considered as new born, and if you ever notice,

Gauntlet took all over my towns down, even tho I'm over 500k total points and his a million total points which I'm

half of his strength, He took me down with no troubles, he didn't lose as much as I lost so. Me myself it wouldn't

really matter to me if its James Phelps or someone else, I wouldn't put myself in this situation and all this is

because someone left the game cuz of Gauntlet's reaction... Jomsvikings kept saying that they are helping Sizzles

while sizzles keeps asking for help from me (Is helping you makes you asking for help against someone?) (Sizzles

asked them many times to stop but they didn't, and I told them that we don't need their help but they continued

and here is sizzles, me and sizzles started the game together, I'm 500k total points and his still over 84k total

points, WE STARTED THE GAME TOGETHER BUT WHAT MADE THAT INACTIVITY? IS BECAUSE OF THE WAY OF PEOPLE LIKE

GAUNTLET's REACT AND THATS WHAT I'M AGAINST HERE, I DIDN'T DO ALL WHAT YOU SEE HERE FOR ME MYSELF, ME MYSELF THERE

WAS NOTHING BETWEEN ME AND GAUNTLET AND WHY WOULD I PUT MYSELF IN THIS SITUATION AGAINST SOMEONE IS DOUBLE OF MY

TOTAL POINTS?) and when they found themselves in a bad looking or whatever, they contacted me immediately and

tried to make it up to me and fixing some reactions, and to be more honest, Sizzles wanted to leave the game and

if my family members try to watch Sizzles activity, they will find it very low, that's not because of anything

except he got bored of being pillaged by players very higher than him and cuz he can't defend back. I'm the only

one whose making Sizzles keep still stay play this game (Thats because we're best friends).
    2. When I play other strategy games against many opponents, I take the strongest players or players in my strength

and take them down, there is many ways to take them down... but I don't go after new players! that doesn't make

out of me a good player, it makes me weak and noob also.
    3. I am leaving this game cuz I had enough for the way you people treat, I'm not playing this game to get

embarrassed or offended, I'm playing this game to have fun and not having more than 6 or 8 people offending me at

the same time and trying to make a joke here and mock so they can cover what they did and hide their activity.
    4. I made this thread and I knew that I will lose the battle against Gauntlet, But I expected more people be

active and get attension and they look at this situation and say something right like; "This is right", "This is

wrong" and "No, that's bad... and that's good...", a real argument conversation and good conversation so we all be

happy in the end but it turned bad and real bad and so much offending.

To Cassidie:
    How can I ask a member about this while he's offline since Gauntlet attacked him?
    My member didn't say anything about it and seems that he left the game and no longer player. He's still offline

till now and that's since Gauntlet occupied his town.

To be honest, I don't know how is "Occupation" exactly cuz I never had a chance to be in that highest battles. But

what I know about occupation is "Occupation" is a type of attacking. And if it is for my member's good then I

wouldn't refuse it, I will be happy and too much thankful to Gauntlet. But I don't see it helpful, it's an attacking type and here is one of its disadvantages as it says according to when Gauntlet occupied one of my towns now: Occupation disadvantage
    This city is being occupied by foreign troops. New units can only be trained up with for double the cost!

Another disadvantage, I can't pillage any town or do blockage even. Which actually causing me having fun of the game to the fullest.

There is another disadvantages, but I don't have to tell you them cuz you already know...

You can't be helping someone by occupying his/her town for more than 2 days, that's not helping. so Stop lying and admit.

What I want to say at the end that I didn't do all this for defending myself, I did all this to make a fair game to everyone.
    I understand that each one of us have the rights to enjoy the game to its fullest but that doesn't mean that the lower players don't enjoy the game, you're playing in a very stupid way, these lower total points players like James Phelps whose only 9k total points needs to play too and enjoy the game. You who is 1 million total points don't have the rights to bore him and makes him hate this game or get bored of it and you must know and admit that people like you are making the new players leave.
    Enjoy the game to its fullest but be a man and take the advantage of making a great challenge by attacking someone in your total points...
    I am over 500k total points and I can be also doing like you Gauntlet! or any other player doing the same here.

One last thing I want to say which will be to EVIL Players:

You guys have no dignity and no pride in anything and you have no honors, you're the most coward players I have ever seen in my whole life cuz you just got sorrounded around one man only who is me!!!! Even in the thread, Here we go, more than 6 of you against me only doing funs and jokes, do you consider yourselves men or good people?
    And I was towarding this thread to Gauntlet, isn't he man enough to be the only one who replies?

I expected others to reply but those will be the ones who only agree with any of us or negotiate, but not to insult players.
    We all here trying to have fun. I really wish if I can say one word to you but you're too lucky cuz there rules here.
    by the way; You're not going to last EVIL players. you'll lose huge someday.

By the way also, I'm leaving cuz I thought I'm playing with men or good players. But it seems everyone is standing here and watching or laughing and joking, no ones wants to do anything...
    Goodluck everyone.

anyone doesn't understand anything from what I say, send a message here and I reply explaining, I know that there is some of what I say is not clear but I'll see if anyone doesn't understand...

I still have a week or maybe 2 till I be out of the game.

I'm requesting our mods to leave this thread a live or move it to the right place they see that it fits and change its preffix "War" but keep it a live...

Defeater, I do understand what you are saying and I think it is best that you don't play this game. I think my reasoning is summed up pretty clearly here: Thoughts on fun, the game, attacking people and the role of alliances with respect to their more "farmy" members

But here is the short version:
    Granted, your were treated harshly on the board (it happens, make a bridge and get over it) but you also pointed out several aspects of the game and type of play which made you feel that other players were in a sense "bad people" and when it gets to that point you really shouldn't be playing.
  • Let me first say, this your pissing me off with your jibber jabber.....now if gauntlet occupyed phelps towns what damage is he doing? if he really wanted to destroy phelps he woudlve im sure of it but he decided help.(im suprised)

now you need to chill out before you blow a casket why don't you just declare on evilbut ask for a 1 v 1 im sure evil will allow this as current wars are over,also total score means nothing (builders means more) all that means is you built something *clap* *clap* now stop bantering and fight im sick of you saying that your going to do something just do it.
  • Limbo wrote:

Defeater,

Don't leave. Learn. All you need is right in front of you.

thats right, people learn from there mistakes.NOBODY is perfect!

Defeater, fight Guantlet, you even said it that you were going to lose and that you really don't care if you win or lose.Just give him a good fight and at the end, you two can laugh about it.....like nothing never happened.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ahhhdfg ().

• Defeater,
    you should really just stay and play and learn from mistakes.
    This is a game and you should be having fun. I do know how you feel but remember it is just a game.
    Just ask Gauntlet for a fight and I will bet you could learn something from him and make you a better player.
    This has probably happened to 90% of the server at one time or another.
    This will make you a stronger player.

When you post here on the boards there will always be players here that will laugh at you, make fun of you so just expect that in the future.
    I hate to see anyone leave the game due to this kind of stuff
    Just hang in there

"We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose."

This post has already been reported
  • Tog wrote:

Defeater,
    you should really just stay and play and learn from mistakes.
    This is a game and you should be having fun. I do know how you feel but remember it is just a game.
    Just ask Gauntlet for a fight and I will bet you could learn something from him and make you a better player.
    This has probably happened to 90% of the server at one time or another.
    This will make you a stronger player.

sometimes the game goes beyond combat and scores. Some times the opportunity to stand for a cause, for the weak, or for honor is as much fun as combat is to others. Not every player has fun fighting for loot.

Tog wrote:

When you post here on the boards there will always be players here that will laugh at you, make fun of you so just expect that in the future.
    I hate to see anyone leave the game due to this kind of stuff
    Just hang in there

Total agreement here Defeater.

Celia wrote:

it was an insult in reply to LoS's trolling, and moreover not intended to be insulting

Celia wrote:

Ass clowns, report for duty!

• OK, now all this seems to be misunderstanding. But something I can't understand:
    Why Gauntlet didn't tell me this from the very beginning, my messages was very clear and just wanting to know what's wrong with him? but he returns the message and replies in a very offending way... "You're next buddy" why is this??? Why not showing that you're doing this for peaceful purposes?

James replied to me now...
    Another player was pillaging one of my members that is more than him by 50%, but they were very low in total points...
    {
    Look at the reaction:
    Defender (UTDK member): 250 Total points players or something like that
    Attacker (Player): 1500 Total points player

When I noticed the attacker attacking my member, I contacted him asking him to pull back his forces. but the attacker replied back saying that he and my member are sorting somethings out together and he needed some resources so do he...
    }

He was very clear and made me understand... It could've been misunderstanding and a problem..

I wanna leave because the way these players reacted, I mean, where is the other people in this world to support???
    Everyone watching Evil players reacting like that against me a lone and all of them doing jokes and all this, everyone is watching? no one tried to join and say something????

I swear that what I did; wasn't for myself, Me and Gauntlet was in peace condition and there was no trouble at all, Ask Gauntlet but since I stood up and asked him and ran a conversation about this, he ran a fight. I've putted myself in trouble! I wasted all of my towns? I stood up for new players and wanted to help! What about the rest?
  • Defeater wrote:

my messages was very clear and just wanting to know what's wrong with him?
    Do you think possibly the way you phrased the question might have something to do with it? Some one asks whats wrong with you it would put you on the defensive, wouldn't it?
  • I think that a few things should be noted:

1. Raising your TS past 500k in most regards gives you little to no tactical advantage in combat. "so and so is picking on so and so just look at the scores" is a really bad argument under almost every circumstance.

2. The median score in this game (on BETA) is around 30k Saying "pick on someone your own size" is ridiculous. I have had this argument thrown at me on these very forums. My current TS is pushing 1.4 million points which almost puts me in the top 1% of players (based solely on TS). If I look around my general area for "people my own size" the number of people I'll find within a couple of hoursis less people then you might think (not to mention some of them are alliance mates). Who do you honestly expect me to attack? I don't think you have any idea why many people pillage and how they pick their targets. Not to mention there are countermeasures even a player with a score of 10k can have.

Actually you got me interested in looking at who is around me that is my size, so I put a little bit of time in and checked it out: (also note that I am in EVIL just like Gauntlet)

I looked over my own island clusters and every adjacent one. This consisted of 9 island clusters with 99 islands total, including well over hundreds of players.

Players with a TS over 1 million points that have a city on any of these islands: Lemmingaenis, ikkie, Gryphon, Heavoline, EndtheFed, Celia, DkRanger, wijit, pppqqq, SlickRick, Rattus, ranmarton, Bent0s, Bodacious, Tupac Amaru II, Paspower, Tomojo, Shamus, petro_quebec

A total of 20 players of decent size. Now Celia, Bent0s, and Rattus (at times) are all members of EVIL and therefore are off limits by default. It should also be noted that it is generally frowned upon to attack members that you share an island with (don't poo where you eat). Members I share an island with include Heavoline, Gryphon, Lemminggaenis, and ikkie.

So after subtracting those people out we are down to 13 players. Now assuming that I am not friends with any of these people, and attacking them repeatedly wouldn't start a major war (which our alliance has done and is ok with) I could pillage all of them, although if I exclusively put all the effort I put into pillaging just at these 13 people I would bet my account that there would not only be massive amounts of complaining ingame and on the forums, it would probably result in some of them quitting the game.

It should also be noted that you make the assumption that players who pirate small players aren't attacking their local large people around them also. I have pillaged 6 of these people. Quite honestly, the guidelines that you would like large players to follow are not only non realistic, they flat out wouldn't work.

As much of a pirate as I am, Gauntlet is everything I am and more.

Razziel
  • Defeater wrote:

OK, now all this seems to be misunderstanding. But something I can't understand:
    Why Gauntlet didn't tell me this from the very beginning, my messages was very clear and just wanting to know what's wrong with him? but he returns the message and replies in a very offending way... "You're next buddy" why is this??? Why not showing that you're doing this for peaceful purposes?

James replied to me now...
    Another player was pillaging one of my members that is more than him by 50%, but they were very low in total points...
    {
    Look at the reaction:
    Defender (UTDK member): 250 Total points players or something like that
    Attacker (Player): 1500 Total points player

When I noticed the attacker attacking my member, I contacted him asking him to pull back his forces. but the attacker replied back saying that he and my member are sorting somethings out together and he needed some resources so do he...
    }

He was very clear and made me understand... It could've been misunderstanding and a problem..

I wanna leave because the way these players reacted, I mean, where is the other people in this world to support???
    Everyone watching Evil players reacting like that against me a lone and all of them doing jokes and all this, everyone is watching? no one tried to join and say something????

I swear that what I did; wasn't for myself, Me and Gauntlet was in peace condition and there was no trouble at all, Ask Gauntlet but since I stood up and asked him and ran a conversation about this, he ran a fight. I've putted myself in trouble! I wasted all of my towns? I stood up for new players and wanted to help! What about the rest?
    Sure standing for him is noble but choose your words, if your going for peace try comedy, it usally works if not then try a tactical attack not some moronic send your entire force attack.

Secondly Evil is doing nothing wrong infact i say we are making beta safer why?Well what happens when piracy comes out? hmmmm then what after all i will be taking goods from players of all sizes(usally bigger)

Thirdly in a game you can't be noble, honorable the only things you can be is respecful,farmable.
  • you said that occupation is not helpful because of:

1. Troops and ships cost double to build.

2. You cant pillage from the town that is occupied.

3. Other reasons.

ok now the things that make those reasons invalid:

1. unless you only have one town which if you do most of the time they will leave you quickly because you town is to small, just build troops in your other towns.

2. same as 1., just attack from other towns

3. now to list the advantages:

1. When the town they are in is attacked their troops fight on your side so they help protect you.

2. When they pillage from you town, you get 10% of their loot

3. You know the partial make up or some times full make up of their army.

4. When they attack you to occupy you only need to move your units and ships out of the way not resources, you dont lose any resources when they occoupy you

ok now that i made your first two reasons that is isnt helpful invalid and i gave reasons that it helps, you have any other problems with occupation you need explained,
  • I am Learning...

I decided to stay and do what you all sayin' to me.

What I am thinking about is "Why Occupation and not garrison rights?" Garrison rights will allow you to hide your armies in towns instead of occupation which tells that this town holding your armies... So for hiding armies, Garrison rights is much better than Occupation... Why not using Garrison rights?
  • Defeater wrote:

I am Learning...

What I am thinking about is "Why Occupation and not garrison rights?" Garrison rights will allow you to hide your armies in towns instead of occupation which tells that this town holding your armies... So for hiding armies, Garrison rights is much better than Occupation... Why not using Garrison rights?

I believe it costs 16 points to offer a garrison right so it is a little costly

"We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose."

This post has already been reported
  • Tog wrote:

Defeater wrote:

I am Learning...

11 diplomacy points, but you get the point. Also, combat operations usually can't wait for the occupied player to sign in and agree to the treaty.
  • insanehatter wrote:

Tog wrote:

Defeater wrote:

I am Learning...

11 diplomacy points, but you get the point. Also, combat operations usually can't wait for the occupied player to sign in and agree to the treaty.
    Why not doing it from now? Why waiting till you get yourself in combat operations? Why not preparing for tomorrow?

11 Diplomacy points is the cost that you will have a secret base. Instead of occupying and everyone know about it. beside, that won't make a problem the town owner who will be able to have troops too with no double upkeep and can even do operations from his own town...

I still disagree the occupying...
  • Plausible deniability

Occupation is still better for the occupied in this case. He gets 10% of loot and probably welcomes the occupation.
    Plus it avoids bad blood from his island-mates. In garrison rights, The target playerl get mad at him for aiding in his being pillaged. By being occupied there's plausible deniability.
  • As stated, garrison rights is not always the best option because. . .

1.) A new player like yours most likely will not have that many dip points, thus won't be able to provide one anyways.

2.) It usually takes a LONG time for someone to accept it. It could take days, and that is time wasted. Occupation let's you do it on your own schedule.

3.) The guy you are pillaging looses NOTHING. He actually gains 10% of everything the person occupying him pillages.

4.) Being occupied at a small level is a good thing because it gives you protection from people who would actually pillage the town. When you are being occupied by a large player, other players won't want to fight off that player just to pillage the person they are occupying.

5.) Being nice and letting them occupy you can gain you some friends, and what new player wouldn't want to be friends with Gauntlet?

6.) You gain experience using the combat system and understanding a little of how it works.

You say "They have to pay double for building units" Well who cares about building units when you have a large player defending your town for you?
  • i think when he said double upkeep he means the actualy cost not the building cost, with garrison and occupation the person who doesnt own the town pays double upkeep in both, while the owner of the town still pays normal upkeep, also it appears that when you are using garrison rights or allied garrison(alliance member in town) the owner still gets 10% so it seems that they get payed the 10% as some sort of bill for staying in town, i think of it like they stayed in a hotel, and each night is counted as each pillage.
  • ron delander wrote:

As stated, garrison rights is not always the best option because. . .

1.) A new player like yours most likely will not have that many dip points, thus won't be able to provide one anyways.

2.) It usually takes a LONG time for someone to accept it. It could take days, and that is time wasted. Occupation let's you do it on your own schedule.

3.) The guy you are pillaging looses NOTHING. He actually gains 10% of everything the person occupying him pillages.

4.) Being occupied at a small level is a good thing because it gives you protection from people who would actually pillage the town. When you are being occupied by a large player, other players won't want to fight off that player just to pillage the person they are occupying.

5.) Being nice and letting them occupy you can gain you some friends, and what new player wouldn't want to be friends with Gauntlet?

6.) You gain experience using the combat system and understanding a little of how it works.

You say "They have to pay double for building units" Well who cares about building units when you have a large player defending your town for you?
    Answers:

1. The host does not have to own the technology topic `Diplomacy`. Which means the host doesn't offer the garrison rights to his town, you have to send him the treaty requesting he allows you to move your troops and ships into his town.
    2. It doesn't take LONG time. Give him 24 hours to reply, if he didn't, then occupy if you can't wait... but why putting yourself in that position, start making friendships around you asking for that as a back up... (if Gauntlet did that, then there was no problem at all and all this wouldn't happened).
    3. Same thing when you do the Garrison rights. Maybe the owner gets more even. (I don't know and I'm not sure about it; but try it).
    4. Same thing when you do the Garrison rights but its much better that way.
    5. Why do I have to be nice so me and you be friends? You are the one who need me then ask nicely... I don't have to do something I don't like to earn your friendship no matter what!!!! But if you ask nicely, you will have me grant your treaty request.
    6. Agree, you gain experience in both, doing the occupation and the garrison rights.

I have ships in my town which is occupied by gauntlet, I cannot move them and I pay double of their upkeep. If Gauntlet doing a garrison treaty, then I won't be stuck like I am now... I would've moved my ships long time ago or maybe not cuz I won't need to, cuz with garrison rights, I won't need to pay the double...