POW vs. FARM

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• POW vs. FARM

Funny how a comment on the boards can start so much. Tom, your comments about FARM are what caused one of our members to do a quick strike on a POW player. After that you had your retaliatory strike. Having read the boards, a few FARM members hit a few POW members, 1 on 1. Next, you decided to post a mock CR thread titled "FARM -vs- POW and SOS so far" even though the complaining and fighting had been limited to FARM and POW. Last night, POW broke 1 on 1, so it is time to get things going.

Tom, you claim FARM has never been challenged and imply that you are just the "Pirate King" to do it. Of course, at the same time you're asking LAW to request that we not declare war on you. Whatever the case may be, you wanted a challenge so here it is:

1) End your war with LAW. If the numerous other remaining alliances wish to continue they can do so and

2) You can have 2 days to return your floaters and prepare. On Monday (US), POW vs. FARM war will be declared. You vastly outnumber us so you should be fine, right?

Tom started this, Tom pushed this so now let's do this. We're tired of the stronger than thou rhetoric about your victories (limited) against LAW when you relied upon help from SOS and others. If you are the leader you claim and your group as strong as you suggest, let's cut to the chase and battle it out 1v1.

POW vs. FARM.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gromit ().

• I got to say gromit it is a good idea and very big of you to offer the one on one . But I think I would like to have a little time to discuss this with my alliance as I am in the woods rite now hunting or trying to lol .Oh as as far as wanting to test you guys that was never my intentions really . I just dont think you guys have ever been pressed and I dont think many others have either its gotton out of control a bit do to my temper and it has ended up me losing a few friends in the farm alliance over it so far witch I do regret a little . Oh well I will give you an answer latter tonight . By the way the war with law was kind of friendly and we were not trying to make them break up or sit on their little guys so they cant plan and quit so when we got in this thing with FARM I tried to talk to popo and tal him we have a real war coming and I hoped he would understand . I my self like the idea of us all being locked in war for the rest of my time here though I will like to say upfront .

The post was edited 1 time, last by ImmortalEvilTOM ().

• Tom, for the record, I still think you're one of the more entertaining people on this server, and that Gamma just wouldn't be as much fun if you weren't around. That said though, we at FARM are pretty proud of our accomplishments, and accept any challenge thrown our way with enthusiasm. We even have no problem leaving the "surprise" out of it, and will gladly allow you to set the date and time for the war to begin, as we wish for no one to have excuses for losing. ;)
  • I would just like to say to all of FARM's slaves out there, we pirates are coming, your welcome to come aboard and fight ye scurvy masters. bring down your opressors and make em walk the plank. arrggghhh
  • Tecumseh wrote:

I would just like to say to all of FARM's slaves out there, we pirates are coming, your welcome to come aboard and fight ye scurvy masters. bring down your opressors and make em walk the plank. arrggghhh

Slaves? Nah, we're a co-op. All come freely, and all reap the rewards of their own efforts. :)
  • Tecumseh wrote:

I would just like to say to all of FARM's slaves out there, we pirates are coming, your welcome to come aboard and fight ye scurvy masters. bring down your opressors and make em walk the plank. arrggghhh

heh.

Can I come to the dark side? Zantos is always walking up behind and doing things that makes me feel uncomfortable. I wish my dad, Zantos, would stop the touching. :(

Peace? Useless... it's gotten us nowhere. We have lost some of our greatest heroes to "peace." Let us see what battle brings.
  • WOW with overwhelming feed back we will fight you and the rest of the server if need be lol bring any surprise you have . If the LAW alliance wants they can surrender with no terms because it was just a friendly war on our part for the fun of it .

The post was edited 1 time, last by ImmortalEvilTOM ().

• Gromit, if you want a war with us you don't have to have a reason...just jump in there with LAW and WOW and whoever else we are fighting right now and take your shots like they do....but don't get on the boards and try to blame Tom.

No doubt Tom got pissed and mouthed off at you. But if my memory serves me correctly you started that thread and Rook was the first to start the real mouthing. On second thought if you need to pin it on us due to the fact Tom didn't cower down to Rook so be it...it's our fault. It should be fun fighting off LAW and their new Farm deputys all at once. It's kinda like a new lootery against POW....I look forward to it. Maybe you can get TBO to join up with ya so it can be #1, 2, and 3 against us.
  • No surprises. You're not fighting the whole server, you're fighting us. There are no excuses, no slight of hand, just war. POW vs. FARM

POW vs. FARM will be declared on Monday, October 5, 2009 and we'll settle this in-game.

Tip your waitresses.

Edit After Godfather's post:
    We are not trying to fight with LAW. We are not trying to pile on you. If you wish to spin, do it later. We challenged you to a 1v1 war and are giving you time to reorganize. I understood Tom's last message to be accepting those terms. No?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gromit ().

• ImmortalEvilTOM wrote:

WOW with overwhelming feed back we will fight you and the rest of the server if need be lol bring any surprise you have . If the LAW alliance wants they can surrender with no terms because it was just a friendly war on our part for the fun of it .

HOW do you get that I accept anything ? lol I will make it clear I and our alliance will not end any war with anyone from here on out .If you want to jump in and hit up with LAW and WOW go ahead . We will be all locked in war for ever with np on this side at all .
  • Gromit wrote:

No surprises. You're not fighting the whole server, you're fighting us. There are no excuses, no slight of hand, just war. POW vs. FARM

POW vs. FARM will be declared on Monday, October 5, 2009 and we'll settle this in-game.

Tip your waitresses.

Edit After Godfather's post:
    We are not trying to fight with LAW. We are not trying to pile on you. If you wish to spin, do it later. We challenged you to a 1v1 war and are giving you time to reorganize. I understood Tom's last message to be accepting those terms. No?

Your not trying to fight with LAW? Ummmm... we've been at war with LAW for the past two months. Just because you and Rook decided to pop off doesn't alter that fact. You wanna declare Monday, have fun. You wanna declare today...great! You wanna declare February 27, 2011, fine by me. But just because you want to declare on us after we have been locked in war since the lootery and have been fighting the largest alliance on the server for 2 months doesn't make it 1v1.

If you want to jump in, again thats great by me, but you might want to check your math on the 1v1 thing. Personally I don't blame you for declaring on us now...this is the lowest our militarys have ever been. I just thought Farm was secure enough in their reputation they didn't need to claim they were fighting us 1v1 when it's obvious we are already fighting the largest alliance in Gamma (along with a few others).

Tell ya what...if it makes you feel better then you keep posting that it's one on one while you fight along side LAW, and we will keep fighting like we always do.

:pirateflag:
  • Cha-Chi wrote:

If you want to jump in, again thats great by me, but you might want to check your math on the 1v1 thing. Personally I don't blame you for declaring on us now...this is the lowest our militarys have ever been. I just thought Farm was secure enough in their reputation they didn't need to claim they were fighting us 1v1 when it's obvious we are already fighting the largest alliance in Gamma (along with a few others).

What reputation? We are an assumed weak, never tested, band of punks. No reputation to speak of. The first post in this thread says everything it needs to say about a war between FARM and POW.

Gromit and Rook were providing some friendly banter on the boards. It should have been met likewise, some laughs should have been had. It did not deserve a round of personal attacks and a post offering to give anyone interested information on a FARM members workplace. Line-crossed.
  • How come when WOW members attacked POW during the war with LAW their was an immediate DOW on WOW but when FARM members were attacking POW there was no DOW? Maybe POW was/is a little hesitant that maybe they bit off more than they can chew?? Now POW wants to have LAW end the war so they can fight FARM. Why not have multiple alliances against POW? Thats how it is against LAW. It couldn't have been just one alliance...

Not that FARM was helping LAW, but who said WOW was at that time either? Maybe they were taking advantage of some open towns, but still the DOW came..Just curious as to why it didn't come as fast to FARM...

"War- POW -vs- LAW-LAW2 LAW3 and any other law alliance"
  • Jax1 wrote:

How come when WOW members attacked POW during the war with LAW their was an immediate DOW on WOW but when FARM members were attacking POW there was no DOW? Maybe POW was/is a little hesitant that maybe they bit off more than they can chew?? Now POW wants to have LAW end the war so they can fight FARM. Why not have multiple alliances against POW? Thats how it is against LAW. It couldn't have been just one alliance...

Not that FARM was helping LAW, but who said WOW was at that time either? Maybe they were taking advantage of some open towns, but still the DOW came..Just curious as to why it didn't come as fast to FARM...

"War- POW -vs- LAW-LAW2 LAW3 and any other law alliance"
    There is some mutual respect at play. Not all POW members are Tom. Although we were willing to skirmish with them a bit to show our intent, we are more interested in a real fight and I think both sides feel that will not happen if LAW is in the equation.
  • [/quote]There is some mutual respect at play. Not all POW members are Tom. Although we were willing to skirmish with them a bit to show our intent, we are more interested in a real fight and I think both sides feel that will not happen if LAW is in the equation.[/quote]

Well, POW can end the war with LAW whenever they want to, that's on them though. We will not declare war over.
  • Tweakin wrote:

Cha-Chi wrote:

What reputation? We are an assumed weak, never tested, band of punks. No reputation to speak of. The first post in this thread says everything it needs to say about a war between FARM and POW.

Gromit and Rook were providing some friendly banter on the boards. It should have been met likewise, some laughs should have been had. It did not deserve a round of personal attacks and a post offering to give anyone interested information on a FARM members workplace. Line-crossed.

We have already talked about this Tweakin. You and yours know Tom as well as I do. You knew exactly what was going to happen when you made a thread for no other purpose than to call him out publicly. You say a link was on the post, he says it wasn't on the post...I don't know, I didn't see it. Doesn't matter either way really. If believing he crossed a line just out of the blue makes you feel better about jumping in you won't get an argument from me.

All I was saying to Gromit was quit with the 1v1 propaganda. You guys know who we are fighting. You guys called us out on the board then acted offended when Tom finally said something back to you. And trust me Tom was doing it "all in good fun". Looks to me like you were positioning to fight along side LAW all along. Which is once again fine with me...I just can't help but laugh when your on here saying Tom crossed the line when your boys pushed him there intentionally, or the funniest thing of all this crap, the notion that this is some how POW vs Farm 1v1....what a joke.

We are already engaged in an all out war with an alliance that all toll has 309 members (I think it was around 400 when the POW/LAW war started), and as far as the 189 in LAW1 average 50,000 more points per player than the 137 in POW. If you want to add in your 94 members at over 1.1 million points per player (about 500,000 points per player higher than POW) great! You guys should have a punchers chance all together...like I said go get TBO while your at it, it will be fun. But don''t get on here and say it's 1v1....I'm no accountant but my math skills are better than that.
  • Cha-Chi wrote:

All I was saying to Gromit was quit with the 1v1 propaganda. You guys know who we are fighting. You guys called us out on the board then acted offended when Tom finally said something back to you. And trust me Tom was doing it "all in good fun". Looks to me like you were positioning to fight along side LAW all along. Which is once again fine with me...I just can't help but laugh when your on here saying Tom crossed the line when your boys pushed him there intentionally, or the funniest thing of all this crap, the notion that this is some how POW vs Farm 1v1....what a joke.
    I think you have missed about 4 of my posts on the boards regarding this. One post is just two spots above your comment. I would think by now, from in-game messages and messages here on the boards, you know our intent and it is not to dog-pile POW- nor has it ever been.

You're right though, FARM vs POW 1v1 is a joke, everyone knows full well it will be FARM vs POW and SOS.
  • I'm trying to decide whether this is a sneaky way to avoid war with FARM or a few POW members not understanding our intent.

- Due to Tom's posts and actions, we want war with POW; and

- We've called you on your boasting and made a public challenge for you to end your war with LAW to fight 1v1 against FARM (heck, I'll beg LAW to stop pillaging you if you don't think ending the war you started with them will allow you to concentrate on us).

In response you all say two completely contradictory things: 1) We have never had a challenge and can't beat you 1v1 and 2) we can't fight you 1v1 because you won't end your current wars.

We can't fight you 1v1 because YOU won't let us. It's not us backing out of this fair fight, it's you.
  • Gromit wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether this is a sneaky way to avoid war with FARM or a few POW members not understanding our intent.

- Due to Tom's posts and actions, we want war with POW; and

- We've called you on your boasting and made a public challenge for you to end your war with LAW to fight 1v1 against FARM (heck, I'll beg LAW to stop pillaging you if you don't think ending the war you started with them will allow you to concentrate on us).

In response you all say two completely contradictory things: 1) We have never had a challenge and can't beat you 1v1 and 2) we can't fight you 1v1 because you won't end your current wars.

We can't fight you 1v1 because YOU won't let us. It's not us backing out of this fair fight, it's you.

If I understand it then they do;)!! I do get where you are coming from, trying to figure out if POW not ending the war with Law is an attempt to avoid a war with Farm OR an attempt to force Farm to declare while POW is still at war with Law so if Farm does start smacking POW around there is an excuse, "Of course we are losing, we are at war with several different Alliances" or something like that and Farm is labeled as weak or needing help from other Alliances;)!

You got to love how this stuff plays out in the forums, personally I would end the war with Law (who has actually proven themselves as a good alliance) and prepare for Farm!

EDIT: Actually POW should end the war with Law, sign a treaty with Law then when Farm declares war they can bring Law in as their allies, it has been done before:)!!!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sober ().