TBO declares war on Aadon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• TBO declares war on Aadon

I hereby announce the beginning of the TBO barn raising event!

Since our hostilities with KOGS ended, we have been in need of some new farms.

Fortunately, Aadon has stepped forward and offered their alliance in the following ways:

1. Pillaged a TBO member with unreasonable force in retaliation for the pillaging of an Aadon inactive.

2. Initially ignored IM's from TBO leadership requesting to open discussions on the attacks.

3. When finally responded, were uncooperative and disrespectful to TBO leadership (and continue to be so.)

4. Have repeatedly sent IMs inviting us to attack and inquiring as to when we will commence.

So thank you Aadon for offering your towns to us. We can't wait to get our farms operational.
    But should you change your mind, here's what you need to do (AKA "terms of war"):

1. Return loot pillaged from Strober.

2. Apologize in this thread for your disrespect to TBO leadership.

3. Change your alliance name to "TBO Farming Collective" for one month.

Other terms may be added later.
  • As General of TBO I Also agree with this DOW and welcome to watch our new farms grown and become well established. Many things may happen in this game but those that have no respect for others in this world. Will not fair well here.

General Skater2012
  • I was wondering when someone would declare war on them. Their leader doesnt grasp the concept of respect for others. He has run his mouth a few times on the boards. Looks like he finally wrote a check his a$$ and alliance cant cash. Congrats on getting a bunch of new farms. I am very jealous.

Siggy by: Secret
  • Thank You ruddog33. We are looking foward to having fun with this one. Anyone looking to party with us Wine woman and fun to be held at the campfire by all.
  • Mobros wrote:

As we have nothing to do with TBO or your so called war I see no reason other than a trolling attempt to mention KOGS in the same sentence as farms in your war declaration. We all know who the farms were...
  • techsta wrote:

Mobros wrote:

As we have nothing to do with TBO or your so called war I see no reason other than a trolling attempt to mention KOGS in the same sentence as farms in your war declaration. We all know who the farms were...

Yes. We do :)

But I think you took the post wrong. Maybe it was worded improperly. I don't believe Mobros meant to insult KOGS. She only meant that we haven't had action since our war ended, and we're looking for new farms.
  • Vanetia wrote:

techsta wrote:

Yes. We do :)

But I think you took the post wrong. Maybe it was worded improperly. I don't believe Mobros meant to insult KOGS. She only meant that we haven't had action since our war ended, and we're looking for new farms.

I would agree it was worded incorrectly .. and inappropriately for a war declaration..
  • skater2012 wrote:

Thank You ruddog33. We are looking foward to having fun with this one. Anyone looking to party with us Wine woman and fun to be held at the campfire by all.

I find your inclusion of KOGS in your war declaration an insult and typical blabber from Venetia.

And of course, Skater is excited....I am sure that TBO can get their game on with an alliance that is less than half their size and then beat their chests like they cleaned house...what a joke...
  • You know propman I didnt know you where so thin skinned. The comment in regards to KOGS in our declaration was not meant as an insult seriously get a grip. We where just stating we have not had any pressing situations since our battles with you. I am sorry that you think all we do is sit around all the time and think up ways to pick on KOGS. And as far as your comment in regards to the so called picking on smaller alliances as everyone know alliance size doesn't matter in regards to wars. Placement and active members able to fight is what makes the difference. ANd the last point I will make to you in regards to this subject is this. As in the past we tried to solve this problem diplomatically as we do in all our endevours. Those on Epsilon that have had dealings with the Alliance Aadon.understand they way this alliance reacts and handles themslef.

So in closing again if you think our comment at the beginning of our DOW was us trying to insult you and your alliance. Thne I apoligize to you in that regards. But as we have tried to state to you it was not meant in any way shape or form to be meant that way. I also feel anyone reading that outside of your alliance will also understand that.

General Skater2012
  • propman wrote:

skater2012 wrote:

Thank You ruddog33. We are looking foward to having fun with this one. Anyone looking to party with us Wine woman and fun to be held at the campfire by all.

QQ

For those who want a more succinct version of your post :)

I will say this is a good chance for us to learn this new (buggy) combat system. It's been obvious how quickly they implemented it (when it was known to be buggy from the test server) has backfired. Cool concept; shoddy delivery. This one is going to have more bugs to figure out how to work around than the old one I think that much is for sure. Oh well! I'll be enjoying the loot while I learn, lmao.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vanetia ().

• For almost a year now, every war we have been involved in, and most TBO posts on the board have been related to KOGS. Everyone on Epsilon knows this.

The only reason I mentioned KOGS in this current DOW was as a big wink to the server. "Hey look y'all, this one isn't KOGS!"

To the best of my knowledge, things have been very settled and amicable between TBO & KOGS since the conclusion of our last war. To the point that I felt comfortable including KOGS in this DOW as part of the joke. With us, not against you.

Had I meant it the way Tech and Prop are insinuating, I would have posted something along the lines of "Despite our best efforts at agricultural management including remote sensing technology, KOGS land has proven barren and so we are now forced to relocate our farms." But that's not what I said because that's not what I meant. And it should not be taken as such.

On a side note, I am awarding Epsilon medals of valor to my 50 swords that alone stood up to the entire Aadon attacking force through round five, only to get slaughtered in the round six. I was looking at the detailed battle report this morning and there's some weird things going on...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mobros ().

• Consider this as the first and final reminder for everyone to quit spamming, trolling and flaming in this thread. Further posts violating the board rules will be warned.

*casSidiE*
  • Ah look at this...
    As part of the leaderships of Aadon Empire I feel I am obligated to give a official reaction here.

First of all, and on a personal note Mobros, don't be so full of yourself. The way you talk about us, as your 'future farms' but mostly the way you mention a different alliance that has nothing to do with this 'war' on an equally disgracing matter.

Now to go to the reason of this war.
    AE is an alliance that is based on a few islands, these islands are filled with AE members, AE members are not your regular alliance members.
    Most of us have been playing an other online game for years with each other, but since that became boring to some of us we decided to come over to Ikariam.

When two of our members had gone inactive, Strober saw his chance and started pillaging. I noticed this once, which was not so hard since its an island with only AE members on it, and reported it to the boss. Also i urged him that we should do something about this. Yes, I might very well be the reason we came after Strober :) Now it might be that this game has unofficial rules about when one is justified to strike back, but to be honest... I could care less.
    AE is not only an alliance, it's a 'family' who know each other well. You touch us, you get touched back (and yes with "unreasonable force" ;) ).
    If that means war, we will fight till the end.

All i have seen so far from your 'war' is that you have been pillaging the people who hardly have any army. Some of the real encounters (the ones where we had to stop you from farming the ones with no army and attacking your floaters) we had were close, I think we won about half the battles. To bad, as Valetia stated, the amount of bugs at this moment make a good battle hard.

On a side note, the reason a part of AE has no military is because AE has started on a different server. So most members are not active any more on Epsilon.

Even so, I'm really disappointed in TBO, if I may say. I would have expected a real fight. Let me some up why I am disappointed:

You are 7.5x our size
    Yet you mainly attack our weakest players.
    So far I think I have been one of the people you will find in the combat reports most while defending or as attacker. Yet NO attack what so ever has been made on any of my towns. 9/10 people you attack are not even actively fighting this war, its sad.. Especially for a top 10 alliance, but that just my opinion.
    But you sure know to get on my nerves me this way, I guess you could say that is also a good war strategy. Just not my style.

Mobros, on a last note. It's not possible you have seen the 'entire Aadon attacking force', but you can read that a few paragraphs before this one.
    Oh, and I would really like to see that log. :)

@ruddog33
    You don't have to be jealous, feel free to knock on my door any time if you have problems with AE members.

As for your Terms Of War.
    1: Agreed, but only if he gives us back what he pillaged from our 2 inactive members. So I guess he still owes us :)
    2: With the attitude I mentioned a few times before you don't deserve more then disrespect. So no apologies will be made.
    3: Read 2 again.

Although the bugs are really killing me (more then TBO :P ) I hope everyone has fun :)

Regards,
    Former Home Secretary
    Current General,
    DarkZoneownz

The post was edited 1 time, last by DarkZoneownz ().

• DarkZoneownz wrote:

Ah look at this...
    As part of the leaderships of Aadon Empire I feel I am obligated to give a official reaction here.

First of all, and on a personal note Mobros, don't be so full of yourself. The way you talk about us, as your 'future farms' but mostly the way you mention a different alliance that has nothing to do with this 'war' on an equally disgracing matter.

Now to go to the reason of this war.
    AE is an alliance that is based on a few islands, these islands are filled with AE members, AE members are not your regular alliance members.
    Most of us have been playing an other online game for years with each other, but since that became boring to some of us we decided to come over to Ikariam.

When two of our members had gone inactive, Strober saw his chance and started pillaging. I noticed this once, which was not so hard since its an island with only AE members on it, and reported it to the boss. Also i urged him that we should do something about this. Yes, I might very well be the reason we came after Strober :) Now it might be that this game has unofficial rules about when one is justified to strike back, but to be honest... I could care less.
    AE is not only an alliance, it's a 'family' who know each other well. You touch us, you get touched back (and yes with "unreasonable force" ;) ).
    If that means war, we will fight till the end.

So....you're all mad because strober pillaged an inactive player?.... you are aware that this is normal practice for EVERYONE on ANY server, I presume. If there was some reason to believe that your inactive member was coming back, or had some sort of problem preventing logging in, I'd guess a polite ingame message to that effect might have gotten you good results.

On that note, you refused to respond to ingame messages in a polite manner because....why again?

You invited TBO to attack you, and then you're all mad when your alliance gets attacked?

All i have seen so far from your 'war' is that you have been pillaging the people who hardly have any army. Some of the real encounters (the ones where we had to stop you from farming the ones with no army and attacking your floaters) we had were close, I think we won about half the battles. To bad, as Valetia stated, the amount of bugs at this moment make a good battle hard.

On a side note, the reason a part of AE has no military is because AE has started on a different server. So most members are not active any more on Epsilon.

So, if y'all are quitting and/or don't care about your accounts on this server, why are you here?

As a side note, if you have no army and lots of resources, that's kind of the definition of a farm. If your alliance has no military and lots of resources (which seems to be what you're saying) you are certainly *someone's* future farm. Why not ours? :)

Scottw
  • scottw wrote:

So....you're all mad because strober pillaged an inactive player?.... you are aware that this is normal practice for EVERYONE on ANY server, I presume. If there was some reason to believe that your inactive member was coming back, or had some sort of problem preventing logging in, I'd guess a polite ingame message to that effect might have gotten you good results.

On that note, you refused to respond to ingame messages in a polite manner because....why again?

You invited TBO to attack you, and then you're all mad when your alliance gets attacked?

Ok does it say anywere in the rulez that it's ok to farm or pilladge only inactive players? These are rulez made by players not by the game designers so it's not a valid point.
    Plus Dark said it, we're not an alliance we're a family how would you react if you found someone stealing from the corpse of a loved one? That's exactly what happned to strober he looted our friends account without asking us first, so we attacked him :D

Plus, yeah we invited you to attack us. So what? It's a war game chill and have fun :D

We wanted war you provided war see it's a match made in heaven :D
  • Atomickain wrote:

scottw wrote:

Ok does it say anywere in the rulez that it's ok to farm or pilladge only inactive players? These are rulez made by players not by the game designers so it's not a valid point.
    Plus Dark said it, we're not an alliance we're a family how would you react if you found someone stealing from the corpse of a loved one? That's exactly what happned to strober he looted our friends account without asking us first, so we attacked him :D

Plus, yeah we invited you to attack us. So what? It's a war game chill and have fun :D

We wanted war you provided war see it's a match made in heaven :D

Your friend's account is inactive. There is no *rule* that says you can't farm active players. However, there are typically consequences to trying, particularly when that active player is part of an alliance. Pillaging an inactive is simply not considered an act of bad faith by normal people. Is this pillaged account likely to return to active status? Do you guy pillage inactives? I know for a fact that it is standard practice on every server that I've played.

If you invite attack, you can't reasonably whine when you get attacked, as that's what you asked for. Whining just makes you look like knuckleheads.

If your members aren't interested in maintaining active accounts, nor in building a military, you might consider being a little less aggressive, but that's just my opinion.

Yay war!

Scottw
  • I'm actually going to agree with Atomick here. There is no official rule on this and so it was always assumed that pillaging inactives was acceptable. And while the great majority of us do not frown upon this practice, there is always going to be someone who does.

So hey.... my Epsilon account is finally getting exciting again and I'll continue to play it. So let's have fun while we can and enjoy this. I know I plan to, win or lose. Of course we have no intention of losing this in the end but hopefully Aadon gives us a good fight when we hammer out all these bugs. There are A LOT of them.

New terms: When we win we get to pillage each of your inactives without any QQ.
  • It's weird how can someone declare war to a peaceful alliance who only protected his member. Active or inactive doesent matter, he is still our member. I've heard that there is an "un-writen law" in ikariam who gives anyone the right to farm inactive players. Excuse me? Maybe others dont understand the concept of protecting their own members, but we do. Our member was farmed, we've strike back. TBO declared war to us, no problem, we have no wish to "cry", we will fight no matter what and no matter how long... there's enough time :).

As for TBO leadership... just for destroing some of our armies, built in 2-3 days, doesent make you that... dangerouse... Let me tell you a story about a guy from the place where i come from. He started to play that game... he played 4 years... one day i was a little angry, so i attacked the guy... he lost half of his population, basicaly his whole work for 2 years... To make it simple for TBO leadership... it will be a long war with many TBO victims :D.

It is also very funny to see a top10 alliance, who pretends to be strong, loosing several battles from an alliance a lot weaker than them... Even so, after those battles i still wonder if we are the weak ones lol. Maybe in Ikariam, the word "strong" has a different definition haha.

We are open for this war... actualy we need to thank you for this war... the game becamed a little boring :D

EDIT:

1. Good point Douwe (DarkZone for the TBO guys) in your "official statement"

2. Radu (Atomickain for the TBO guys) you still love blood no?... Ofcurse, TBO's blood

3. I invited Melisa and Tara (some noobs from our alliance that we've never spoke before, we actualy atack them when they get inactive) to take a look on this "war thread" haha... That means my dear TBO... prepare for some realistic statements on this thread.

4. Gosh guys i tought we've left this server, but now these guys forced me to come back... and i am sure that i wont be the only one soon :D

5. TBO's activity in this war... under 10%, Aadon's activity... 30% until now... dont worry, we will reach at least 80% activity... So good luck, you will need it! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by MerquryVanDen ().