Pinned Mafia input/feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• To kind of go along the same road as Kyle, I think there should be a time limit put on sign ups. I know in the past players have signed up and since it takes so long for the game to start, they then turn and can't or don't play. I know this happened at one time for InsaneHatter due to school and I know people lose interest if the game doesn't start after so long. I think if you send out mass emails on the first day of sign ups, like 3 days should be enough time for people to sign up, but no more than a week. I feel that a week maybe a little to much though. I know when I sign up, i am anxious to play and I know others are as well.
    • I feel like we don't need to produce Beginner games continuously. I think we just need the Mafiosos to start a general Beginner game sign-ups and wait for "new players" to sign up there and unless someone new signs up or a lot of players want to play beginner games, we'll not start any of it. Also, since we're just going to make beginner games occasionally, we'll run two Intermediate or Advance simultaneously instead. In this way, we won't have problems with beginner game players not posting that much 'cause they don't like the simplicity of the game... or mods having a hard time getting players to start the game. And in this way, folks would get what they want the most which are games with twist and with a wide range of roles.

Just a suggestion, anyway.
    • Jasper Nicholas wrote:

I feel like we don't need to produce Beginner games continuously. I think we just need the Mafiosos to start a general Beginner game sign-ups and wait for "new players" to sign up there and unless someone new signs up or a lot of players want to play beginner games, we'll not start any of it. Also, since we're just going to make beginner games occasionally, we'll run two Intermediate or Advance simultaneously instead. In this way, we won't have problems with beginner game players not posting that much 'cause they don't like the simplicity of the game... or mods having a hard time getting players to start the game. And in this way, folks would get what they want the most which are games with twist and with a wide range of roles.

Just a suggestion, anyway.

Since there aren't any beginners around atm, they're temporarily on hold but we'll take the general sign up idea into consideration as that's a good one. :)

Don't think we have enough players to run two simultaneous Intermediate or Advanced though but we're still running 1 of each at the same time, so that'd still be two games going simultaneously.
      As my memory rests but never forgets what I lost, wake me up when September ends.....

Sig By: Keteri
    • Might I make a suggestion?

I am not a big fan of the "tie vote means two lynches" policy. I think it gives the town an out on the LYLO. Since it normally boils down to two players in the spot light its easy to say eh, just lynch both of them and we'll win. especially when there are 5 players left, one is the cop or some exonerating role, rules out on other player leaving 3 left...town decides to lynch two players and wham there is a 66% chance of hitting the bad guy. I no likie.
    • RE: Might I make a suggestion?

mang0 wrote:

I am not a big fan of the "tie vote means two lynches" policy. I think it gives the town an out on the LYLO. Since it normally boils down to two players in the spot light its easy to say eh, just lynch both of them and we'll win. especially when there are 5 players left, one is the cop or some exonerating role, rules out on other player leaving 3 left...town decides to lynch two players and wham there is a 66% chance of hitting the bad guy. I no likie.

I agree.

Let's make it a general rule for those mods who lynch the ones with the most number of votes to not allow a lynch in the event of a tie between two players during a LYLO. It's kinda unfair for the mafia especially if the game has come to the point where there are only 3 players, the mafia will most likely be lynched just by letting the players have a tie.