Pinned Mafia input/feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Mafia input/feedback

Ok all, now that we have two folks(Demeter and Myself) to dedicate some time to helping get the mafia section active we would like your help. So what we have talked about with Babyfirefly is how to better smooth line the mafia section. What we hope to do is to make it more self run and player friendly. We are not saying it was bad in the past, as Rash did an outstanding job, but we would like to give the players a bit more freedom.

So one thing, and I think Demeter had a wonderful idea, that was suggested would to have a beginners going at all times. Thus once one game starts the next sign up would open up. This way folks that want to get into mafia and want to play the beginners game do not have to wait as long and hopefully get things active again.

As well we are talking about putting up some polls on getting some feedback for setting some standards to game play. Like how often would you like to see Themed games vs Normal Mafia game, how long would day/night phase last and a few other things.

The more feedback we can get the better we can make this section for all those that love to play. So with that said let the feedback begin and on one last note, while we will attempt to do what we can some things we might not be able to, not cause the we don't think its a bad idea but we are restricted with somethings :P
      R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
      Annie's Hope

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zullu ().

• Just a quick suggestion. Have a guideline for games,I know its basic but,I remember when I did my first game... I was confused about a title :scratchchin:. My advice,even if its simple is to do the title guide,just incase someone has an idea..but isnt sure.

Maybe something along the lines of

:Mod,and Co-mod: <Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced> (Theme,or not) *Amount of players* [Add addition info here]
    • I think there should be a formula

3 begs=1 intermediate

4 intermediates= advance

3 advance= ready for a whole mafia game with every darn single player in it
    • not true.
      it all depends on the player.

me, i have only played 2 games yet i think id be ready for an advanced game

then there are those who have played plenty of games yet are still at beginner skill level.

It should be up to the mods to decide who is ready or not =)
    • I think with every style that is played like iphones iraq mafia game . And the traditional and all the others should be put in a guide section to mafia . As well as how to play and all that to make things more simple. Btw you guys got the best image rank out of everyone lol
    • how bout

all our IC's get up together and play a begginer game. Then it can be an example after they read the rules

what do you think

give me a :thumbup: for a 5 :S 3 1 :cursing:
    • iphone wrote:

how bout

all our IC's get up together and play a begginer game. Then it can be an example after they read the rules

what do you think

:cursing:

- - - - - - - - -

Anyway, one problem here is that a game sometimes gets idle. So I think we only need to have 2 kinds of games, one Non-newbie and one Beginner's game and we temporarily remove the Int. and Adv. games until we have enough number of active players here.

Pros:
      1. Games will be more active since players will be stuck only in one game. Otherwise, they play a beg's game.
      2. There will be bigger games since players will only be divided up into two games, one beg's and one non-newbie. They will only have two choices: play one of those games or play both non-newbie and beginner's.
      3. Sign-ups will take less time since, of course, if a player does not wish to play a beg's game, their only choice is to play the non-newbie game. Players will not have a hard time to choose games.
      4. Since there are only two kinds of game, there will be less problem with mods, we only need a few of them.

Cons:
      1. Players' choices of a game will be narrowed down.
      2. Mods will have more work to do.

But in regards to the first con I presented, the non-newbie mods could just present their setups and the mafiosos would just choose the better setup to ensure that the players will like the game.
    • revanade wrote:

Just a quick suggestion. Have a guideline for games,I know its basic but,I remember when I did my first game... I was confused about a title :scratchchin:. My advice,even if its simple is to do the title guide,just incase someone has an idea..but isnt sure.

:Mod,and Co-mod: <Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced> (Theme,or not) *Amount of players* [Add addition info here]

Hmm just to be clear, sorry been playing a game for a few hours and brain is kind of bleh lol, do you mean just a basic breakdown of what a player can expect in each type of game.

As in a Beginner game would be made up of only the basic roles such as Townie, Doc, Cop, Mafia goon and other terms that might be used in a game? If so I think we could all work together on something like that quite easily.

Also now that I know how to put up polls I might be adding more too. Thinking about something like how long to leave up a sign up thread before the Mod should pick to either run the game with what they have or wait and let the next go so we don't have stalemates in sign ups.
      R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
    • iphone wrote:

how bout

what do you think

That would be the same as making an Advanced or Intermediate game. So :cursing:
    • Jasper Nicholas wrote:

[
      Anyway, one problem here is that a game sometimes gets idle. So I think we only need to have 2 kinds of games, one Non-newbie and one Beginner's game and we temporarily remove the Int. and Adv. games until we have enough number of active players here.

Pros:
      1. Games will be more active since players will be stuck only in one game. Otherwise, they play a beg's game.
      2. There will be bigger games since players will only be divided up into two games, one beg's and one non-newbie. They will only have two choices: play one of those games or play both non-newbie and beginner's.
      3. Sign-ups will take less time since, of course, if a player does not wish to play a beg's game, their only choice is to play the non-newbie game. Players will not have a hard time to choose games.
      4. Since there are only two kinds of game, there will be less problem with mods, we only need a few of them.

Cons:
      1. Players' choices of a game will be narrowed down.
      2. Mods will have more work to do.

But in regards to the first con I presented, the non-newbie mods could just present their setups and the mafiosos would just choose the better setup to ensure that the players will like the game.

Some very good points. The question is would everyone prefer this till we get more?

Also this brings up another point perhaps. We as Mafia Game Mods might need to realize that while we want huge numbers to play our game that perhaps we should instead (till things get active) adjust to having lower numbers then ideal. This way games don't die before they start due to folks having to be away when they thought they had time for the game they signed up awhile ago for.

If folks wanted for now, we perhaps could do say beginner games with 6-7 players then non beginner games would have a sign up for X amount of days then start once the numbers are received.

The more ideas and suggestion and feedback on such ideas is greatly appreciated as while a few people might like it others might not and may bring a different view as well. So please keep the ideas/input flowing as it will defiantly help out in the long run.
      R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zullu ().

• Zullu wrote:

revanade wrote:

Just a quick suggestion. Have a guideline for games,I know its basic but,I remember when I did my first game... I was confused about a title :scratchchin:. My advice,even if its simple is to do the title guide,just incase someone has an idea..but isnt sure.

Hmm just to be clear, sorry been playing a game for a few hours and brain is kind of bleh lol, do you mean just a basic breakdown of what a player can expect in each type of game.

As in a Beginner game would be made up of only the basic roles such as Townie, Doc, Cop, Mafia goon and other terms that might be used in a game? If so I think we could all work together on something like that quite easily.

Also now that I know how to put up polls I might be adding more too. Thinking about something like how long to leave up a sign up thread before the Mod should pick to either run the game with what they have or wait and let the next go so we don't have stalemates in sign ups.

My mind was bleh too... Too much tf2 (Team Fortress 2) does that to you.
      I meant more like a guideline for the title of a mafia game.
    • I personally don't think the mafia section needs as rigid organisation. All it needs is active people like Zullu and Demeter running it and making sure things go smoothly. So rather than saying "sign ups must be completed in X amount of time", just monitor the sign ups and don't LET them take that long. Plus, since we have active people in charge they'll be able to determine whether or not there are enough people around to start a new game or just continue with the ones there are, rather than saying "only X amount of games going on at once."
    • Insanehatter wrote:

I personally don't think the mafia section needs as rigid organisation. All it needs is active people like Zullu and Demeter running it and making sure things go smoothly. So rather than saying "sign ups must be completed in X amount of time", just monitor the sign ups and don't LET them take that long. Plus, since we have active people in charge they'll be able to determine whether or not there are enough people around to start a new game or just continue with the ones there are, rather than saying "only X amount of games going on at once."

Very good point :P Setting up to many rules/standards would take away from what we want to do. A smooth flow with folks and less restriction/rules from someone.
      R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
    • Actually seeing el pad's message in the Spam Ghost post made me think of something.

This would by no means be required but would anyone be interested in say a list/mail list that when a game comes up for sign ups they would be interested in being notified about? Perhaps you don't visit here often but would still be interested in playing and such. This I guess would be more for those that don't visit here as much as the regulars but would still like to know of sign ups when they are up.
      R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
    • Zullu wrote:

Actually seeing el pad's message in the Spam Ghost post made me think of something.

This would by no means be required but would anyone be interested in say a list/mail list that when a game comes up for sign ups they would be interested in being notified about? Perhaps you don't visit here often but would still be interested in playing and such. This I guess would be more for those that don't visit here as much as the regulars but would still like to know of sign ups when they are up.
      id like that to but maybe it could also be for when the sign ups are done . Cause it is kinda a pain to check everyday for a week to see if a game has started.

or put a time limit on joining a game .