What is going on with TWC?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• What is going on with TWC?

TWC as a group feels there is a need to address a few things. Those who are active on the boards have been observing a very tumultuous TWC. In the midst of all this chaos and uncertainty, there have been rumors of the demise of certain alliances and the possible dissolution of TWC. However, such decisions are not to be handled lightly and are to be made with the support of the entire TWC not just one or two people.

> > With the support of TWC alliances a meeting was called. Last night, TWC decided not to dissolve. TWC is actually stronger than ever. With heavy hearts TWC also made a difficult decision. As everyone knows, the game does get personal and mixes with our judgement at times allowing us to overlook things when we should not. It is undeniable that Kimber and Scythe have been core members of the TWC. Both have spent a lot of time and effort in support of TWC. Many of us within TWC have sought guidance, knowledge, and friendships with them. TWC have no interest in retaliation of any sort. However, for one reason or another the communication has broken down between themselves and the rest of TWC. TWC has voted and determined their actions have forfeited their membership in TWC. We wish them luck in their future ventures.
    > >
    > > TWC is excited and eager for a new beginning. TWC acknowledges that most of the TWC leaders/members are not as active as others on the boards. This has let TWC leaders ignore issues that have been a problem for a long time. It also let certain members run amuck, misleading the public to believe there was no reasoning within the coalition and the cards were entirely in a few selected hands.
    > >
    > > TWC's focus now is to move forward. The coalition is going to strive to make all members/alliances accountable for their actions and never again let TWC become synonymous with one person/one alliance. Our first steps towards this goal will be the current peace talks with GDA.
  • As a representative of SEN I concur with this statement. Its unfortunate that the leaders of TWC had to take drastic actions, but it ensured TWC's role as a POSITIVE force for the future of Epsilon.

Merged with original thread..
    Rami..
    Superfly - -LG- (General) - Alpha

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rami666 ().

• Thanks for the honest and open update. This is all very encouraging. The image of TWC no longer looks like a :censored: storm looming over the horizon, but instead looks like a coalition of diplomatic alliances working towards a mutual goal of cooperation and prosperity.

Good luck to you all in your new endeavors.
  • I find this to be a breath of fresh air from TWC members previous posts.

You didn't have to answer some lingering questions a few of us had but you did, without being asked.

Lagoon_Princess your post does bring up another set of questions though which you don't have to answer of course since you are already laying pretty much all the cards out on the table.

"TWC is excited and eager for a new beginning"
    Are there any changes the general populous should know about your new policies if there are any? (minus any discussions taking place off the boards of course)

As for letting every alliance be accountable for themselves and not letting TWC become synonymous with just one person or a group of people:
    Are yall going to have a representative, maybe switch them out periodically? Just in case policy within the TWC should change at any time and TWC feels the need to inform the rest of us?

Glad to see yall moving forward in a positive way. I can honestly say that I don't have any beefs with TWC if you all are going to be this forthcoming.
  • Thank you for taking notice and interest in this situation.
    All I can say is we were not able to tackle all the issues so we focused on the immediate ones.
    We will have to have more meetings to determine the answers to these questions.
    I am not the official spokesperson.
    Just the one that was able to respond quickly while we sort things out.

Since we are responding here two can we combine this with other thread posted at 12:17?
    Thank you, again
  • I just want to address one thing. I was not a member of TWC who ran "amok".

I had questioned actions by my alliance. My question was that the TWC was founded on one core principle that attacks on low level players are frowned upon. We even went to war against GDA because that was ONE of the reasons. The infamous memo by Widebody was the breaking point. I questioned a member's acceptance into the alliance with the amount of baggage he was coming in with.

I could see during "peacetime" that maybe he could be reformed, but the timing I thought, was bad duriing a conflict that was already going on.

At least I was ACTIVE in that alliance. I moved my troops where I was told to, and did some underhanded things that I was asked to do. Yet there are members sitting in that alliance that have done NOTHING. Only time you hear from them is when they want a CT or need resources and *gasp*...they come under attack. I make no apologies for questioning the officers of the alliance. Lack of communication with the membership was a key problem.

So it's not fair to say that some of us ran amok....Check with ALL your sources
  • Myule,
    Your name was never mentioned in the almost 5 hour meeting we had. You are bringing this out in the open on your own. What happens within an alliance and its members is not the business of TWC.

@Scratchy - At this time we are not looking to have one person speak for TWC, at least that is what I remember. If someone has a question they want answered right away, please contact a leader of any TWC alliance in game and you will have it answered that way. Honestly, we all would like to lay low on the boards for awhile until we get reorganized and see if there is going to be anything new come about that will be worth sharing with the Epsilon community. One thing for sure is that we are not here to police anyone in Epsilon.

Until all the ducks are in a row, TWC will have the "quiet sign" up for the most part.
  • The only issue I have with this initial post is that it comes off like the TWC is who made the decision for Scythe and Kimber to leave when we all saw that they stepped down (and out of the game) on their own accord.

Other than that, I do see this as a very positive step in the right direction. I'm interested to see how things go for all of you. It looks like there isn't a lot of running around like headless chickens, and the TWC as a whole still has its act together for the most part. Good for all of you to try to fix the image that got so totally screwed up.

Myule: I didn't think they were talking about you; and, as Zan said, they weren't. So no worries, mate! It's not ALLLLLL about YOU! ;) lol :love:
  • Vanetia,
    I sent you a PM.

We are summarizing what has happened. The road that led to the post was a few days in the making. There is a lot of information that has not been revealed and until TWC meets again to decide how we reveal the information will be a day or two.

We thought is was important that everyone know the finality of everything and that a change was made.
  • Thank you all for your kind words. It means alot to me that many people are coming forward with positive comments.

I know a thousand people will disagree with me but if there was one goal of TWC, it is to PREVENT warfare, among TWC alliances at least. In no way do we want to impose our rules, conducts, or standards on anyone else.

As we do have a lot of things to work out and as Zan said, there will be no one representative of TWC. We are all autonomous, we are all free to leave at a moments notice if one wishes. Honestly, no one would believe but theres alot of things we disagree on...and THATS OK. We make it work because we want to.

All I ask of everyone, especially people who disagree with the "idea" of a coalition...have a little faith and give us a chance. Change is ok, just as most people view GDA now in an entirely different light. Naevrah (and others) have all done their part and I believe turned GDA into a respectable alliance. I hope GDA is here to stay as we'll all admit they are part of the Epsilon tradition.

(this last part is purely my opinion and does not represent TWC)
    Superfly - -LG- (General) - Alpha

The post was edited 1 time, last by Superfly_SEN ().

• Zanotus wrote:

Vanetia,
    I sent you a PM.

I appreciate it, Zan :)

Good luck to all of you in giving TWC the image I'm sure you all strove for in the beginning. I really think, with what I've seen here already, you guys will be able to do it.
  • All I'm going to say here is, "information revealing" is a two-way street, so I suggest you leave us both out of that process.

Oh, and after multiple requests for our accounts, Scythe and I have put them into vacation mode while some things are being determined.

Have a nice day. :)
    "It is the nature of stars to cross"
  • Vanetia wrote:

The only issue I have with this initial post is that it comes off like the TWC is who made the decision for Scythe and Kimber to leave when we all saw that they stepped down (and out of the game) on their own accord.
    Vanetia - while I don't have any inside info - I believe that is what they call spin, by none other than the spin-masters K&S.

Kimber wrote:

All I'm going to say here is, "information revealing" is a two-way street, so I suggest you leave us both out of that process.

Oh, and after multiple requests for our accounts, Scythe and I have put them into vacation mode while some things are being determined.

Have a nice day. :)
    Ooh, do tell - we want all the stories of treachery and betrayal!!! It is good to see that you are doing the right thing by at least giving away a nice account that was given to you instead of deleting it.
  • Vanetia wrote:

The only issue I have with this initial post is that it comes off like the TWC is who made the decision for Scythe and Kimber to leave when we all saw that they stepped down (and out of the game) on their own accord.
    Just like the debacle of how GDA left, in the end it was mutually agreed upon. Scythe and Kimber both left Epsilon, and TWC was willing to let them go.

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
    * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
  • Van,

I never said it was all about me. It was mentioned in previous threads, along with this one, that several people in TWC alliances ran "amok". Since I was one of thos epeople specifically mentioned, I wanted to clear the air.
  • This is a great move for TWC and couldn't be happier for you guys. I believe you will make alot of headway and not look like you have alot of underlying agenda's and an undeniable fear that you are here to conquer the server. I believe your actions here alone show that all of those fears amongst everybody can be put to rest. look forward to working alongs die many of you as we always have.
  • Myule wrote:

Van,

I never said it was all about me. It was mentioned in previous threads, along with this one, that several people in TWC alliances ran "amok". Since I was one of thos epeople specifically mentioned, I wanted to clear the air.

I know Myule I'm just teasing you a little :love:

Honestly, though, I know I didn't even think it was about you at all not even slightly. I'm guessing the majority of posters figured it was about "K&S" and not really anyone else.
  • LP... thanks for the post and keeping the rest of us up to date with what is going on.

On behalf of the Kittehs, I would like to say that TWC should have no further issues from us. We now feel as if TWC is moving in a much more positive direction. With players like Buddah, Zan, LP, Pirg... and others... well, the kittehs know and respect these players and look forward to a time of peace and tranquility... i just ordered "the Kittens Guide to Zen" and plan to start reading it ASAP.

Now, dont let that fool ya, we will gladly call ya on anything we see as BS.. but we are very hopeful that the BS is now gone.

Good luck to all in TWC!

Does this mean we get Scratchy back?