A gold suppliers trade points score explained.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• A gold suppliers trade points score explained.

First a few defines:
      Gold suppliers = Person that buys goods at 99 gold each from a warrior so that said warrior can use the gold to support a larger then normal army.
      Trade points = Points gained through trade. These are shown in the highscore.

About me: I'm a gold supplier and I wanted to see if I could use the trade points score to see how much gold I have supplied.

First I checked to see what the current wisdom on trade points calculation was. I got the following from both the ikariam wiki, this board and alliance mates:
      "Score is 0.009 per item traded and total score is reduced by 10% each day"
      Testing this calculation showed me wildly wrong answers when compared with my own score, and the 10% daily reduction does simply not happen. (The 10% reduction was removed from the wiki but still persists on the boards)

So I set out to test the calculation in a fairly limited way.

If I buy 12400 items priced at 99, how much will my trade point score increase?
      60598 = Trade score before test.
      61825 = Trade score after test.
      1227 = Difference in trade score.
      1227600 = Price of buying 12400 goods at 99 gold per item.

This would indicate that you gain 1 trade point per 1000 gold spent buying goods. However, I could be wrong about this seemingly perfect match so I checked against points per goods.

1227 = Points gained.
      12400 = Goods bought.
      0,098951612903225806451612903225806 = Trade points per item. The number could be larger but the calculator don't show more numbers.

Where the idea about 0.009 points per item comes from I don't know, but it should be clear that it is wrong. At least when trading at 99 gold.

In conclusion I can state that for a person doing gold supply (at 99 per item) the formula to use is ([Amount of goods]*[Price])/1000 rounded down. If anyone would like to test this for lower prices please leave results here.
    • Due to the changes brought by the 0.3.4 version this info is no longer valid. Observation would indicate that a daily reduction is back in and that the calculations are changed. I might post a new version, but don't hold your breath.

PS: any mod seeing this, please put this thing in the archive :)