This guide may also be found online at [url]https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AW9_MspkjnSfZGR0MnZyazZfMTE4amdiM2N6NQ&hl=en[/url]
Beating the Warehouse Endgame
This is a strategy guide intended for players already familiar with the basics and even intermediate levels of the game. The focus of this guide is on how to cope with the problem of needing multiple warehouses to expand your colonies while still maintaining and growing the strongest economy possible. It does not prescribe an absolute course of action; players will be able to choose just how far they wish to expand each of their cities and prioritize the buildings that are most important to their play-style.
Simply building multiple warehouses at the expense of other buildings is an elementary and un-inspired strategy. This strategy attempts to go beyond that.
The following assumptions were made in composing this strategy:
- Players wish to pursue end-game research. If not, you may use the academy (spot #4 below) for a second warehouse and modify the guide accordingly.
- Players desire a strong economy -- in the production of goods, efficacy of their use, and number of citizens.
- Generally, this guide is for players who have some interest in securing a competitive highscore.
- Players plan to expand to a maximum of 9 colonies (10 total cities) with Palaces and GRs at level 9.
- This guide is written for v.0.3.4.
The following buildings should be present in your towns. This is the most rigidly prescribed section of the guide. However, the 11th variable spot allows for some flexibility and personal choice.
1 - Town Hall
2 - Town Wall
3 - Trading Port
4 - Shipyard
1 - Palace
2 - Warehouse
3 - Tavern
4 - Academy (this building is negotiable if you do not wish to pursue research)
5 - Carpenter
6 - Forrester
7 - +Luxury Production
8 - Architect
9 - Museum
10 - Hideout
11 - Choose from the following:
- Barracks - probably can't have too many of these; the ability to build troops quickly can make or break a battle
- Embassy - only need one unless you wish to lead an alliance
- Optician - one is useful for purchasing research
- Trading Post - one or two can be useful create a wide trading range
- Workshop - only one is needed to purchase all your upgrades, may be demolished when finished with upgrades
- Wine Press - should only be built if you really can't use another barracks, and you can always use another barracks
- Fireworks Test Area - see comment for Wine Press above ↑
- Temple - generally not recommended; may be more advantageous depending on island