Version 4.1 Changelog: Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Version 4.1 Changelog: Discussion

• Feature – Cooperation partners: Every player receives a list in which he can save up to 12 cooperation partners. If a player unlocks a research topic, all his partners will receive a small amount of the invested research points. If a player founds a new colony, his partners will receive a one-off gold bonus. Cooperation partners can also be contacted directly.
    • Feature – Invite friends enhanced: The invite friends option has been enhanced with new functions. Invited friends automatically become cooperation partners. Now it’s also possible to invite friends directly via e-mail or Facebook.
    • Feature – Changes made to miracle system: Only towns with a temple will be included for the calculation of island faith. Inactive players and thoses being in vacation mode still do not count. A priest can only make five citizens believe. Parameterization and miracle effects have been partially changed.
    • Feature – Tutorial improvements: The tutorial has been revised to optimize gameplay at the beginning. The tutorial tasks have been changed and a reward has been added to each task. One of the rewards you will receive is a small amount of Ambrosia.
    • Feature – OpenID connect: In the future it’ll also be possible to connect via Open ID.
    • Feature – Unit training time change: The construction time of various units has been changed.
    • Feature – Facebook registration change: When registering via Facebook, a nickname can now be entered. (no more hegemons)
    • Feature – Second port: If a player has completed the research topic dry-dock, he can now choose whether he wants to add a second port building ground with a shipyard or an additional port. The second trading port increases loading speed.

And...discuss. :thumbup:

I personally think the cooperation and second trading port will be interesting. And changing of unit training times, shorter or longer? :scratchchin:

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
    * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
  • Pardon my ignorance, but what is this one-off gold bonus?

And yes, a second port is cool.

Lastly, I hope the build time for troops is shorter. I can't see it being longer, but stranger things have happened.
  • Cooperation partners sounds like something that only low level players will really benefit from.
    A second trade port might have been nice before I got all of mine up to at least level 28.
    They're probably making some units take longer to train and making others train faster.
    I like the change to the faith system, it's just too bad that all of the wonders I got stuck with when they made the change suck.
  • It's a new feature, so nobody knows. I would assume its a set amount of gold, something like 5k to all of your partners, for settling a new town. Oh the possibilities of abusing that with floaters. It would have to cost something like 1/12 of the cost to settle a new town for it to be unabuseable.

(added)
    Cooperation can be usefull to larger players as well, but not as beneficial. Dropping 5m RP on a future? I'm sure any partner of mine would love to get a portion of that. :thumbup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by ImperialUser ().

• last feature confusing

Feature – Second port: If a player has completed the research topic dry-dock, he can now choose whether he wants to add a second port building ground with a shipyard or an additional port. The second trading port increases loading speed.

It makes no sense if it increases loading speed, shouldn't it decress loading speed so our trade ships load faster or is this just a typo?

Thanks for the sig Jesse
  • RE: last feature confusing

Robert2424 wrote:

It makes no sense if it increases loading speed, shouldn't it decress loading speed so our trade ships load faster or is this just a typo?

You're confusing loading speed with loading time. Increasing loading speed (the rate at which goods are loaded) decreases loading time (the time until goods are fully loaded).
  • RE: last feature confusing

Robert2424 wrote:

It means for example level 20 trading port has a loading speed of 1565 goods per minute....

now you have level 20 trading port and level 10 trading port. maybe it will be 1565 + (level 10 trading port) = 1565+ goods per minute.

No one knows how they will calculate it tho, maybe the lower leveled trading port will only add partial (percentage) or its base (original) loading rate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I like what they did about temples, it was pretty unfair for other people that they cant use the wonder on its highest rate because some other people do not want emple in their towns.

I wonder how they will change the benefits of wonders tho.

I hope they can add something about Vacation mode like there is a limit of how much they can use it in a certain time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hokage ().

• Am I right to say all future accounts that did Tutorial will have Ambrosia rewards and if it goes inactive, the account stay and idle forever?

A 2nd port is 1 great addition. It helps with the constraint of 160 tradingships. But can we do 2 loading types simultaneously? Example, I need to evacuate my resources and troops.
  • Am I right to say all future accounts that did Tutorial will have Ambrosia rewards and if it goes inactive, the account stay and idle forever?

I doubt it. Baby Firefly has stated that there are different types of ambrosia that the system recognizes and not all of it keeps accounts from being deleted. The ambrosia from the tutorial would almost certainly be the stuff that doesn't save an account. Otherwise it would be a total disaster.
  • ImperialUser wrote:

Cooperation can be usefull to larger players as well, but not as beneficial. Dropping 5m RP on a future? I'm sure any partner of mine would love to get a portion of that.

Large players still research? I always figured things like Seafaring Future 10 were not worth it considering the "payback cost" would be more than three years (assuming you have a 18k military).
    "It is your fate, forgetfulness. All the old lessons of life, you lose and gain and lose and gain again." --Leto II

• It's not so much about how long it will take to pay itself off but more about the fact that you can maintain a larger army with the same level of income. There's also the score associated with doing research. At least for me those are the reasons why I've gone up to level 6 in military and am looking to go for level 7. But I do it with experiments, not scientists.
  • cooperation...Sounds like something from farmville but looks like a nice idea. I'd rather hook-up with developing players because they have more research stuff going (the easy to reach ones) rather than the veterans who are doing the futures research which takes a lot of time.

:admire:

Signature by Sadistyx
  • From our coop partners. Do you think the points we receive be from the researches they've completed prior the update as well as post-update or just post-update?

Might have already been answered, but other than that. This update seems really exciting.
  • I'm sure it would be post.

(added)
    Since it is a % of RP used, you would gain more RP from a more developed researcher that produces more RP per hour. You would gain a more steady flow of RP from someone not as developed, but it would be much less then someone finishing 1 lvl 5 future during the whole time a smaller player finishes researching all pre-future researches.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ImperialUser ().

• I wonder if the one gold off thing will count for all towns, or just the new ones. Will be a huge disadvantage for the bigger players. then again, depending on the effects, it would give an incentive for bigger players to cooperate with smaller players
  • On unit training times, on first glance it seems that intro units (spears, swords, archers, slingers, rams) build faster, while some of the more advanced units (mortars, guns) build slower. I'm not sure how this is affected by barracks level, etc. but looking at my level 19 barracks and the comparing to what's currently listed on the wiki:

Source Code

1. Unit Now 0.4.1
    2. ------- ----- -------
    3. Hoplite 2m 2m18s
    4. Steam 10m29s 10m28s
    5. Spear 2m 23s
    6. Sword 4m7s 1m32s
    7. Archer 4m20s 2m9s
    8. Gun 3m41s 7m21s
    9. Ram 13m13s 4m24s
    10. Cata 17m4s 17m3s
    11. Mortar 23m13s 30m57s
    12. Gyro 9m28s 9m27s
    13. Balloon 19m55s 19m54s
    14. Cook 9m46s 9m45s
    15. Doc 11m59s 11m58s
    Display All

Also load speeds look to be additive. There's also a slightly new interface for towns to ship to. I blacked out the coords and the town names, but it handily shows the resources type and the town hall picture. No big functionality change there, but it's prettier looking and can be helpful when you're mindlessly shipping resources (as I have been in the past) and ship to the wrong town by accident --- at least now there's a little more info so you can catch yourself.

On the right side you can see the faces with the plus symbols --- you click those to invite cooperation partners, either by inviting new players to the game via Facebook or by adding a current Ika player.