pre-suggesting an idea

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• pre-suggesting an idea

All suggestions should be approved by a Mod, SMod, or Admin to limit all of the repeats and all of the dead end ideas.

This will make the section itself a lot "cleaner" in the fact that we no longer have all of these repeat and dead end ideals constantly being brought up due to the fact that many people are unable or unwilling to use something that is already available, a search bar.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • YES! I'm so tired of reading repeats. I think .org does this already. Something like this would cut the number of suggestions posted here by half.

5/5.

The post was edited 1 time, last by -StarDust- ().

• sumtimes ideas need to be repeted becouse maby somone has thought of better way of how something could work plus the mod and admin dont need to wast there time it would just be easyer and beter to keep it the way it is

The post was edited 1 time, last by bradyboy21 ().

• bradyboy21 wrote:

sumtimes ideas need to be repeted becouse maby somone has thought of better way of how something could work plus the mod and admin dont need to wast there time it would just be easyer and beter to keep it the way it is

If someone ACTUALLY had a detailed improvement to a previous suggestion, I don't see why a Mod/Admin couldn't let it go through. It's not like it would be automated. But, most of these repeats are simple one sentence direct repeats of previous ideas. Usually these one sentence suggestions are less detailed than the original idea they are copying. This wouldn't get rid of improvements, but it would reduce spam. I also don't see how it's a "waste of time" for Mods/Admins to approve suggestions. It would take just a few minutes a day to read through all of the suggestions that come through here. Like I said, .org does it, so it's not like it's impossible.
    • We've thought of it before, and if it's something you guys want for your own convenience then I'd be fine with that :) Only reason we didn't before was because we didn't like the idea of keeping you Moderated. Want it to be as free as possible.

If you guys don't feel that is an issue, and it would be more helpful for you this way, then I'd be more than happy to oblige.

One account to rule them all.
    • I like freedom however, after a certain point, it is WAY too annoying to deal with all of the repeats. If the idea is "improved upon" and is not a dead end idea, it can be re-posted and re-commented on... hell, even something like the whole greasemonkey thing, with a legitimate reason to re-post something, sure, do it other than that, its, in my opinion, spam since you may take a minute at the most and look and see if the thing you're trying to suggest has been or has not been previously.

I don't like being like .org but lately more and more repeats have been suggested. Its up to the rest of the .comers really so whatever they think will be what may or may not happen, I know you, Baby, will know what to do for .com's suggestions.

@ImperialUser - idk about the PM, its up to whomever is left in charge to do but something with the stickys would be nice.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• so far, i have only run into a couple that i had to actually read to realize that they are repeats. you should be able to tell by the name.

it isnt like we get 20 new suggestion threads everyday, we just get a few. i would actually much prefer to see what everybody is thinking and comment on it than only see what the "Mod, SMod, or Admin" approves of.

maybe, just maybe, you could add a filter. turn it on to only see what the "Mod, SMod, or Admin" approves of and turn it off to see everything.

you likey?
    • But Moo, in the end the result is the same.The mod/admin locks the repeats, dead ends, crap that doesn't belong here and the flat out ludicrous suggestions and puts them in the rejected pile anyway.The only difference is now we have to see them all and there's a chance for people to pad their post counts by posting in these topics before they get thrown away.
    • As long as suggestions that are only pure repeats are the only suggestions getting blocked, the freedom issue wouldn't be a problem. As long as the suggestion was a purely a repeat and had nothing to add that was worth posting to the existing idea, then I don't see a problem. However, I don't think the actual content should be restricted as long as it's not a repeat. Only repeats would need to be blocked. Nothing else.
    • Only reason i hate this idea because they have this on the org board and they do there jobs quite poorly. It takes them about one to two weeks to accept a suggestion or even longer. What makes it worst is some times they don't read the suggestion but the title and if it has something that says for a example Bring Back Gold Pillaging they decline. When it clearly says if you can bring valuable and reasonable information why this should be brought back it will be accepted.

But in the end you see your suggestion locked and then the mod says. "Repeat" only for his response for locking your your suggestion.
    • :lol:
      I love it when people come out and say that ppl do their jobs poorly. They can make a mods job specifically to read all of these. Also, how often have threads been closed due to the fact that they are repeats? a lot, yeah... now how often do titles seem to be repeats but arnt? not too often and the oftenness that they get closed due to their title is almost non-existent, you are assuming most of these things.

If they suck at doing their job talk to their superiors or hell, become one yourself. choices are fairly easy to make instead of complaining.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• perhaps ImperialUser hit it right on the nose.

I like it. Perhaps a sticky at the top listing all the suggestions, and if a thread is not enabled then a PM saying it was a repeat.
      i sure hope that most of you here can agree that SOME kind COMPRIMISE is the best answer. something, any compromise, i think we can make the vast majority happy. i still like my idea of there being a button that filters out all treads that aren't approved by the Mods but you can turn it off to see all of the threads. i don't know how hard this is to implement but it would work perfectly for both sides.
    • Not really possible unfortunately feathermoo.

Ideas that will be rejected will be done so for the same reasons that we close them though. We won't reject an idea just because we might not agree with it, or anything like that.

Reasons that I would reject a thread:

- Repeat (though not always, if the thread is well thought out and has a new take on something or things have changed in the game that make it worthwhile to revisit the idea, then I typically try to leave it open)

- It already exists in the game

- Dead End Idea

- Multiple ideas and/or not a well thought out portrayal of the idea

In all of these cases, they would definitely get a PM to explain why the thread was rejected and how to fix it (if possible) to re-post it. Can't have people wondering where their threads went :P

The only thing I'm waiting on now is another Mod or two, specifically because I also had the same concerns that OthelloNoHello had (well not about .org, please try not to insult team members from other communities. If they're having a hard time keeping up remember that they are volunteers, and poke their superior as bamcbix suggested.)

As soon as I get another Mod or two that would be able to help me out, we'll probably put this into effect. My personal time schedule only lets me devote so much time to Suggestions on top of other things, as well as the other Admin, so want to get this issue figured out before we inconvenience everyone.

One account to rule them all.
    • fearthemoo wrote:

i sure hope that most of you here can agree that SOME kind COMPRIMISE is the best answer. something, any compromise, i think we can make the vast majority happy. i still like my idea of there being a button that filters out all treads that aren't approved by the Mods but you can turn it off to see all of the threads. i don't know how hard this is to implement but it would work perfectly for both sides.

But there already is a compromise of sorts. If your idea doesn't get approved for the suggestions section and you really want to discuss it you can always make your topic in the general section or perhaps even under feedback.
    • Hold up baby

BabyFirefly wrote:

Not really possible unfortunately feathermoo.

Ideas that will be rejected will be done so for the same reasons that we close them though. We won't reject an idea just because we might not agree with it, or anything like that.

Reasons that I would reject a thread:

- Repeat (though not always, if the thread is well thought out and has a new take on something or things have changed in the game that make it worthwhile to revisit the idea, then I typically try to leave it open)

- It already exists in the game

- Dead End Idea

- Multiple ideas and/or not a well thought out portrayal of the idea

In all of these cases, they would definitely get a PM to explain why the thread was rejected and how to fix it (if possible) to re-post it. Can't have people wondering where their threads went :P

The only thing I'm waiting on now is another Mod or two, specifically because I also had the same concerns that OthelloNoHello had (well not about .org, please try not to insult team members from other communities. If they're having a hard time keeping up remember that they are volunteers, and poke their superior as bamcbix suggested.)

As soon as I get another Mod or two that would be able to help me out, we'll probably put this into effect. My personal time schedule only lets me devote so much time to Suggestions on top of other things, as well as the other Admin, so want to get this issue figured out before we inconvenience everyone.

Please examine the poll before you add something. Just because the comment approve of this five people already disapprove of this idea. Its 8/ so large part of the votes disapproves. What you should do is moderate comments on what people post. For a example a user can just be posting a bunch of random stuff trying to hijack the thread with negative comments. Some users try to report this but nothing happens even thou the attention needs to brought to that matter.

Five people disapprove of this idea before you even think about adding this you should send a circular message on how users feel about this.
    • Maybe a 'sticky' discussion should be added somewhere on the board about this topic before it was implemented that contained poll. (A poll with two options: "Yes" or "No") Maybe there could also be a board announcement regarding that this discussion thread was opened and also instructed players to go and vote.The poll could be open for a set duration, and if the "Yes" option was able to generate over 50% of the votes, this would be implemented. But, I don't think 20 votes is a good measurement of how the entire board community feels about this. A lot of people don't even comment/read the Suggestions section. A sticky could be put in the 'General' section where it might get more attention. But, I have to agree with OthelloNoHello on this one, even though I like it, it doesn't mean everyone else will. It kind of impacts the board community by a decent amount, so I think a greater amount of users should be surveyed before any decision is made.

The post was edited 1 time, last by -StarDust- ().