Wine consumption per-hour

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Wine consumption per-hour

Since we can see how much wood/resource we are making an hour, the total amount that can be stored for these, how much we are selling in the trading port I questioned why we can see all of these and at the same time, why we cannot see under this list how much wine that specific town consumes per hour.

This could go under either all of the resources or it could just float under wine as it is directly connected to wine.

Pros - Don't need to look under tavern like all of the other things that are already presented (you would have to look under either warehouses or trade posts)

Cons - to what extent is this really needed?
      << would be fairly helpful in the end and it is a very slight change that will not disrupt anything that is currently standing.

Remember to vote :)

Display Spoiler
      Did you vote?

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • to make it even cooler:

it would be cool if they did this AND showed in the same window, how many hours of wine that city has left. just a thought.

By the way, i voted 5/5 instead of 4/5 just because of the :)
    • Hmm.. right now all what I do to see wine consumption in my cities is use Ikariam plus town advisor.

Still though, it is helpful to those who don't use ikariam plus. Besides, I wouldn't exactly call it a "plus" feature since you can only see the wine consumption of each town only in that town without having to go to tavern. However with plus you can see all the consumptions in all the cities in one page and time left until wine runs out.

I like the idea, doesn't really change the game play so no worries about balance. It doesn't conflict with any plus features.

5/5
    • @fearthemooo - It would be cool but they would be very unlikely do that much for free.

@cheesesandwich - :scratchchin: yes, that is true but if thats what it comes down to, it will be for them to decide. (I would like to hear more comments based on what you said because I think that is an interesting point that I did not thnk of before making this.)

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• This feature already exists under Ikariam Plus - constructors overview - resources tab you can see the wine consumption level of every town right next to its production level. It even tells you how much time you have at current consumption until the wine runs out. It is a useful feature but if you don't feel like paying for Ikariam plus its not that hard to look in your taverns.
    • as already pointed out

the features you are asking for are already available if you upgrade to a premium account by using ambrosia

the said features are really helpful and are available to those whoa re willing to pay for them, if they offered all the features to free users then there would be no one to pay for the game,

good thinking though, however, others before have made the suggestion and it was accepted and made part of the premium features a long time back, i think pre 2.8

0.2.5 09.06.2008

* Feature: Ikariam PLUS: + button added above the advisers to get directly to the respective premium overview
      * Feature: Ikariam PLUS: Better arrangement of the resources at the town adviser
      * Feature: Ikariam PLUS: All buildings at the town adviser in the global view
      * Feature: Ikariam PLUS: Coordinates are shown next to the name in the town drop-down

sig by Myself

Bekofskivitch wrote:

Thread summary: proposed future e-fight after e-threats over under-inflated e-price of e-rocks.

disclaimer: this post is solely my viewpoint and may not fully reflect the views of my alliance

Alpha Omega

The post was edited 1 time, last by usman ().

• @ Usman.

The suggestion is that wine consumption be shown in the resource list of the respective city you are in. No time calculations of any sort, no complete lists of any sort. I hardly think that's a plus feature. Plus feature shows you all consumptions on a single list with a time calculation.

I know I would still be going for plus even if they implemented it.
    • firstly, ik. plus is hardly used for this... as I didnt even know about it and I use it fairly often (lolz)

secondly, just because there was a script for something does not mean that it is not needed as Baby previously said in other threads - Due to the greesemonkey fiasco, more suggestions that will help replace scripts will be approved... and also, back to the first part, scripts would then essentially kill the need of plus as well.... Its the same thing but its for everybody.

Ik. plus has much more involved in it than this small ideal but if it gets closed over that, its fine, just a small idea to add in for everybody.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• If you are speaking of adding a second (or third in a wine town) line to the mouseover pop-up that is revealed when you position your mouse over the number indicating the amount of wine you have in the town, so it would read:

Hourly production Wine: x,xxx
      Storage capacity Wine: x,xxx,xxx
      Hourly consumption Wine: xxx

(at least in a wine town; the first of those lines would be absent in other towns), I fully approve. I like the recent addition of the hourly production to that pop-up, and this seems a continuation or completion of that idea.

5/5
    • Not to be Mr.Negitive(you already have that role) but this would never be approved by GF because it is a ikariamplus feature and they make money off it. A company's goal is to make money. That is why it is built and kept running. If the company doesn't make enough money, then they close. DO you see where I am getting here? As much as it is a fairly good idea, GF does get the final say in things, and they will say no.
    • The argument about shooting it down because it's part of Ikariam plus is pretty flimsy.

They gave us our hourly production up there not too long ago and that has always been part of the Expanded town advisor from Plus. They gave us that, there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't add the towns consumption levels too. It really is a very small part of Plus and gives a very small benefit. In fact I don't really see it as particularly helpful.

Had Bam suggested, as another poster did that it also tell us how long the wine will last in that town I would agree with the ones claiming it's a dead end idea. Because while that's still a very small part of Plus it's quite helpful. Too helpful for them to give it out for free.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bugmeat ().

• cheesesandwich wrote:

Hmm.. right now all what I do to see wine consumption in my cities is use Ikariam plus town advisor.

I'm guessing they won't do this because it's currently available as a pay (ambrosia) feature. They aren't going to give away something for free that they already have people paying for. It would be nice though.
    • plz read the following quote

"Dead End Ideas

The following is a list of reasons why a suggestion will almost certainly fail. Just because something falls into one of the following doesn't mean that it can't/won't be implemented; only that it doesn't fit into the game as suggested or it has other issues that will make acceptance of the idea problematic. People should read this list and, if their suggestion meets one or more of the points on this list, they should reconsider or rework the suggestion so it's less likely to be rejected.

1.Nothing that saves you hard, ingame work
      That's right - you're supposed to make some efforts to play Ikariam. Basically, things are the way they are to make you work to get them. If you suggest an easier method to achieve some effect already present in the game, you remove the need for it; thus potentially taking away some of the advantage that better players (who have worked hard for their account) have.

8.Anything that gives away a pay-to-use (P2P) option for free

•Plus feature(s)
      Some users want to access the convenient features of Ikariam Plus, and pay real world money to do so. That is their choice. (That money goes towards the upkeep of the servers, so in essence they are paying for the bit of extra space taken up for them to have such features.) If you want to have those same features, you can buy them too.

•Increased resource-gathering, Premium Trader
      Same as above. Extra resources and premium trades are not necessary to successfully play the game, but some players value these options and purchase Ambrosia to access them. (These players are not "cheaters" but are helping pay for upkeep of the servers, which YOU get to use for free.) Again, if you wish to have those bonus features, you can purchase Ambrosia.

9.Anything that increases the gap between the stronger and the weaker
      This includes things like a super research or workshop upgrade that increases all stats for an army. Things like this would upset the already delicate balance of the worlds.

11.Nothing lifted directly or similar from popular culture or other browser games
      Items and/or ideas lifted from popular culture generally fare horribly when it comes to making them work in the game. Not to mention the possibility of copyright violations...

17.Anything that suggests getting Premium features for free
      Users that get Ikariam Plus are paying for those features. That money goes towards the upkeep of the servers, so in essence they are paying for the bit of extra space taken up for them to have such features. If you want to have these features you should have to pay for them just as the rest have.

."

sig by Myself

Bekofskivitch wrote:

Thread summary: proposed future e-fight after e-threats over under-inflated e-price of e-rocks.

disclaimer: this post is solely my viewpoint and may not fully reflect the views of my alliance

Alpha Omega

The post was edited 1 time, last by usman ().

• Must I truly quote myself from the other thread... posting the same thing in 3 different places is hardly worth YOUR time lets not even talk about the other people who must read it.... skim it..... ignore it... whatever they do to it.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• yes, it is from the dead end ideas but not everything in it applies to this idea, you can assume they would however, it doesnt, since most of the talking is in the other thread Its easier to just leave it their for now.

perhaps the two can be merged but that'd require an Admin or mod... or SMod

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

The post was edited 1 time, last by bamcbix ().