Automatic alliance mergers x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Automatic alliance mergers x

Now it's hard for alliances to merge and now it takes so long it becomes annoying for everyone, especially for Home Secrataries.

I have come with a solution:
      So if an alliance has 60 spare diplomacy points, it can send a reqeust to an alliance with 60 members or under to merge into them. If they aggree then automatically all of the alliance merges into the other alliance. All the leadership of the alliance merging into the other alliance will lose their ranks and be put in the otherr alliances rank system, though the leader can change the positions.

This will simplify merges.

Also while I'm here I have another suggestion:
      If someone leaves or gets kicked out of an alliance the Home Secratary has an option if he wants to cancel the waiting period

Ratins and improvements of this idea are welcome by all!

Thank you Carter & Crosswind

There's a difference between bravery and stupidity - Cookie Monster
      With a bit of creativity there is always another option - Cookie Monster
      You can get beginners luck, but the rest is all you - Cookie Monster

Visit the Fan Art Section
    • 3/5 just for your last suggestion. The reason the waiting time is there is so that ally troops will not scatter (deploy troops option) as soon as the player leaves, they will have 24 hrs to pull them back. Also i like that jumpers get a 48 hour punishment :P. And anyway when the player leaves he loses all rights, the only benefit to this idea is to the leaving player (also im pretty sure if u leave the alliance wont choose to delete that waiting time XD)

But kudos to your first suggestion, 5/5 for that one, its really helpful and i find no flaw in it
    • I'm stuck between 2 and 3. For me, it is neither good or bad.
      It's not good because if they are merging because of a war then that will be cheap. Also, there is no need for it to exsist.
      On the other hand, it is a little helpful, saving the diplomat and HS.

For your second suggestion, that's a fail. That is a loophole around the suggestion (as Bamcbix pointed out) and a corrupt HS (lol) could just give them instant freedom.

Zero for last suggestion.
    • 0/5
      ok so war between alliance x and alliance y breaks out alliance's y leadership decides to merge into x to end the war. well lest say y's players A,B, and C decide they dont want to merge. well with what your saying they will end up getting merged whether they want to or not. so each of ABC drop tag. well if they dont know that they each had the same thought. so if they didnt have force merge they could have stayed in their current alliance of Y and continue to fight because they want to even though its a lost cause. :minigun:

its a bad idea because one (or 4) views of leadership do not always reflect the views of subordinates. simply put it takes away peoples decision on whether to join this alliance or that. :walkplank:

also another example if x and y got into a fight and players form x hated alliance y and x merges into why using auto merge then those players are force into alliance y. :headwall:
    • @RebealDeath If somebody wants to leave thye alliance they can, they still have the leave option, and will have the same waiting.

Oh and if I'm reading it correctly thesecond paragraph says that players might not always want to merge, well first smart leaderships decide if merging is good if the MAJORITY of players want to merge. Of course most of the time not everybody will aggree.

Oh and about the last suggestion, change it to change the 48 Hr waiting period LOL

• An auto merger would bring along all of the dead weight, the inactives and the bums that don't read circs or care about alliance affairs. Disbanding and forcing everyone to apply on their own helps to get rid of the useless turds. Yes, some of them figure it out and apply on their own but many of them don't bother and get lost along the way. An auto merger may simplify the merging process but it only makes things harder on the new alliance leaders to weed out the useless baggage from the other alliance.

If they can't be bothered to know what's going on and apply on their own why would you want them in your alliance?
    • Extension.
      Say alliance B was merging into A. The B alliance befre they merge they get to automatically kick out any members they want by just having a check list, they check all the players they don't want. And they don't have to wait 24 hours to be kicked, but they will have the 24 hour waiting time before they can apply to there new alliance, does that solve it!

• venom wrote:

Extension.
      Say alliance B was merging into A. The B alliance bef[o]re they merge they get to automatically kick out any members they want by just having a check list, they check all the players they don't want. And they don't have to wait 24 hours to be kicked, but they will have the 24 hour waiting time before they can apply to there new alliance, does that solve it!

then how would alliance A decide who is dead weight? i use applications to decide if someone is worth joining. i mean if they apply then they want to be in a alliance for some reason and then through questions they have to answer i decide if they can join.
    • what if there is a option that both leaders agree to that allows you to go down the list of members and to check everyone that you want. Then hit Okay and all the members merge to your alliance (the other one dissolves) and the players not on the checklist just become alliance less

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
    • Jesse wrote:

what if there is a option that both leaders agree to that allows you to go down the list of members and to check everyone that you want. Then hit Okay and all the members merge to your alliance (the other one dissolves) and the players not on the checklist just become alliance less

no offense jesse but thats exactly what venom said but you basically worded it different :picard:
    • 4/5. Why does it have to be 60 diplomacy points. What happens if they are more members in the alliance. Because you have to let the members in either way with 1 diplomacy for each person. I do like the idea that they can except it and there applications get right submitted to the HS!!!! I think only the leader should be able to send that message though.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DjKing ().

• big 0/5
      i agree with bugmeat.
      nuff said

Bugmeat wrote:

An auto merger would bring along all of the dead weight, the inactives and the bums that don't read circs or care about alliance affairs. Disbanding and forcing everyone to apply on their own helps to get rid of the useless turds. Yes, some of them figure it out and apply on their own but many of them don't bother and get lost along the way. An auto merger may simplify the merging process but it only makes things harder on the new alliance leaders to weed out the useless baggage from the other alliance.

If they can't be bothered to know what's going on and apply on their own why would you want them in your alliance?
    • 5/5, great idea. It is simple and makes a hard process easy. I don't understand why some people have to make it so complicated. If you have dead weight, then either kick them or deal with it, you can still kick them after the merge. If you don't know who your dead weight is and who your active fighters are you have a problem.
    • as for this idea, it does have some merit, 3/5. however in order to address the autojoining of players who would be of no or minimal use to their new alliance, we would need some way of rejecting them given to the home sec of the receiving alliance. and right now we have that, its called "reject application"

its great from an administrative standpoint when there is an actual merger going on, but the rest is just not going to work. why would anyone want automerge for idle players? i know it wasnt inteded that way, but thats what it will come to unless a lot of programming work goes into the code so that idles are not automatically granted membership in their new alliance.

Im sorry but the programmers have enough bugs to hunt down without creating this make work project for them.
    • Borg the only way of stopping GF making crappy updates is to make them do a reasonable one like this one.

And I'll mention this again, if you got dead weight kick 'em out after the merge or add my extension!

Oh and Dj King I think you're in the wrong thread.

Oh bamcbix, if people's idea is rubbish why don't you try to improve there idea instead of turning it down.

That's all youdo and so many of these isdeas could've been pass to replace all these 48Hour period waiting ones!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Borg the only way of stopping GF making crappy updates is to make them do a reasonable one like this one.

And I'll mention this again, if you got dead weight kick 'em out after the merge or add my extension!

Oh bamcbix, if people's idea is rubbish why don't you try to improve there idea instead of turning it down.

That's all youdo and so many of these isdeas could've been pass to replace all these 48Hour period waiting ones!!!!!!!!!!!!