How much score do you produce an hour?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Hi,

    You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

    Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

    Ikariam team

    • How much score do you produce an hour?

      A little of a twist on the popular "resources per hour", but this will be a bit more fair for everyone. This will show true growth, feel free to include HH and ambrosia bonus's if you use them.
      • For each resource type that you have reduction building for multiply hourly production by 0.0185.
      • For each resource type you don't have reduction building for multiply hourly production by 0.0116.
      • Take your total RP gained per hour and multiply it by .02.
      • For gold gain let's say it's 5 gold to purchase 1 resource, so your hourly gold income x 0.0037.

      Add it all together and post it here. :beer:


      498.3715 from resources
      91.97 from research
      16.1246 from gold :lol:

      Total score gained per hour: 606.4661



      --Disclaimer--
      There are some things not accounted for, but they are insignificant. Like if you prefer to do experiments with most of your resources your actual score gained from resources used will be a little less. Depending on the market in your area 5 gold may be to much/little. If you donate on a regular basis that comes out of your score gain. Reduction buildings that arn't max, folks without full reduction research and so on. If you want to do it exact feel free, it would be to tedious to read let alone try and figure out if I posted it all.


      My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • This is inaccurate. I have 12 wine towns. I don't have any wine reducers. But I do convert resources. Also, I have fireworks test areas and opticians in some of my towns, but not others. What would someone do in that situation to calculate their production? It's better to build a fireworks if you're going for high dumps. Also, do you use total income assuming no army? I could easily fire my army and increase the amount by a bit.
    • If you use the trader to convert wine into stone I would calc your wine production with stone. So if you have (most likely you do) stone reduction building then calc wine as .0185, since that's the score that your getting from it.

      Don't forget to take out your wine consumption from your production values before calcing score production.

      (added)
      There are a lot of "what if's" that could be applied, so either know the value will be off a little (roughly 10% +/-) or you will have to figure out exactly how your going to spend those resources and apply.

      Also if you loot resources it would be a lot harder to be "accurate" and more of an "assumption". Especially if your main source of income is raiding over producing.


      My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • Just note that your gold calculation is also wrong if you don't have max reduction on whatever resource you're buying. Also, wouldn't it be simpler to say divide by 54 rather than multiply by .0185? It's also more accurate this way (by half a resource for my calculation).

      My production would by 571.50.
      85.37 from gold.
      486.13 from resource production.
      I have 4.7 million points.

      My 12th town was just settled a 8-9 days ago and has not started producing yet. I also have corruption in 8 colonies. Planting my colony early cost me about 900 resources an hour from extra wine + lower production + change of gov (loss of free RP). I was at 591.39 before planting the colony.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by dangderr ().

    • It takes 54 resources on what would normally be 100 in an upgrade, that is half of the equation. So you divide 100 total resources by 54 resources used and each resource is worth roughly 1.85185... total resources. Then for score calculations you need to multiple by .01 giving .0185 per resource used.

      Without max reduction it's a similar process, just substitute 54 for whatever your reduction is.

      100 / ( 100 - (X + Y) ) * .01 = score gain per resource used.

      X = research reduction
      Y = reduction building

      I've been kinda board lately I may make a score calculator for it, but no promises. :P


      My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • ImperialUser wrote:

      It takes 54 resources on what would normally be 100 in an upgrade, that is half of the equation. So you divide 100 total resources by 54 resources used and each resource is worth roughly 1.85185... total resources. Then for score calculations you need to multiple by .01 giving .0185 per resource used.

      Without max reduction it's a similar process, just substitute 54 for whatever your reduction is.

      100 / ( 100 - (X + Y) ) * .01 = score gain per resource used.

      X = research reduction
      Y = reduction building

      I've been kinda board lately I may make a score calculator for it, but no promises. :P

      Uh... Why would you multiply by 100 first, then divide by 100 again (multiplying by .01)... No offense, but your example right there was just bad. You're using 100 resources as an example, and then you give point output for 1 resource. If you wanted point output per resource, you take 1 and divide by 54, not 100...

      For example, say you make 100 resources an hour. Divide that by 54 to get 1.85185, which is your score production per hour. There's no need for multiplying by .01 or anything like that. Just divide your resource production by 54 to get your score output. Straightforward and simple...

      The post was edited 1 time, last by dangderr ().

    • You don't multiply by 100, where are you getting that from? I'll explain it here, long form before compacted.

      100 resources natural = 100 resources used
      100 resources used - (building reduction and research reduction) = resource value
      100 resources natural / resource value = value per resource
      value per resource * .01 = score of value per resource

      ----
      At max reduction
      100 = 100 (before anything else, 1 resource = 1 resource)
      100 - (14 + 32) = 54 (54 resources used = 100 resources
      100 / 54 = 1.85185... (meaning 1 resource used in a building is worth 1.85 resource)
      1.85 * .01 = .0185 (the amount of score you gain per resource used)

      Just to show I'm not bonkers here, lvl 32 academy as an example, from wiki.

      With max reduction:
      wood+crystal: 2,984,666
      score gained for lvl 32 upgrade: 55,271

      2,984,666 * .0185185185 = 55,271.592

      (added) (edit)
      Snip, bad info. It's quoted bellow if you wanna see it.


      My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • To make it more accurate, you should really take your un-used wine, not the amount of wine you produce every hour. Because you're not gaining any score from that wine, you're gaining gold (from citizens), which is already being calculated with your trading scheme.

      Here is my account on Ny (I am working up my 10th town, which I just planted, so it's basically just 9 towns). I do not use ambrosia or helping hands. 1.6 million account:

      Wood produced / hour: 11,279
      Marble produced / hour: 4,763
      Wine produced / hour: 3,681
      Wine used / hour: 2,362
      Excess wine / hour: 1,319
      Glass produced / hour: 1,164
      Sulfur produced / hour: 1,164
      Gold income / hour: 20,383

      I have Carpenters and Architects in every town, but no other luxury reducers.
      Wood + Marble = 16,042
      16,042 * 0.0185 = 297.0741

      Excess Wine + Glass + Sulfur = 3,647
      3,647 * 0.0116 = 42.40698

      Gold income * .0037 = 74.2701

      Total: 413.7512
      If I use actual wine produced, the number is: 441.2163

      ------------------------
      Edit: As for his numbers, they're correct.

      It's very simple to figure out. In fact, even simpler than what he showed above.

      With max reducers, a building that originally required 100 resources requires only 54. But you still get the same point value from Master Builder Score. Which means you get 1 point from 54 resources.

      54 resources used = 1 point
      Divide both sides by 54 to find how many points 1 resource is worth.
      1 = 0.018519

      If you don't have max reducers, just the research:
      1/86 = 0.011628

      If you want to find the value of the gold from there:

      If you spend 5 gold on a max reducer resource, then 5 gold = 0.018519. To find the value of 1 gold, divide both sides by 5. 1 gold = 0.003704.

      If you spend 5 gold on a non-max reducer resource than 0.011628 / 5 = 0.002326

      Everyone happy now?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by tehfallen ().

    • ImperialUser wrote:

      You don't multiply by 100, where are you getting that from? I'll explain it here, long form before compacted.

      100 resources natural = 100 resources used
      100 resources used - (building reduction and research reduction) = resource value
      100 resources natural / resource value = value per resource
      value per resource * .01 = score of value per resource

      ----
      At max reduction
      100 = 100 (before anything else, 1 resource = 1 resource)
      100 - (14 + 32) = 54 (54 resources used = 100 resources
      100 / 54 = 1.85185... (meaning 1 resource used in a building is worth 1.85 resource)
      1.85 * .01 = .0185 (the amount of score you gain per resource used)

      Just to show I'm not bonkers here, lvl 32 academy as an example, from wiki.

      With max reduction:
      wood+crystal: 2,984,666
      score gained for lvl 32 upgrade: 55,271

      2,984,666 * .0185185185 = 55,271.592

      (added)
      You could simplify the equation one step further to (100 - (X + Y)) * .0001. It just doesn't explain why you are multiplying by .0001.


      "100 / ( 100 - (X + Y) ) * .01"
      That's the formula you are using. You start out with 100 for some odd reason (there really is no reason to) and then you multiply by .01. Doing so cancels out the two, simplifying it to 1/ (100 - (X + Y)).

      It does not leave you with (100 - (X + Y)) * .0001. Check your math again...

      If you don't believe me, or forgot high school algebra, just use your formula to calculate something, and then do it my way (take your resource production and divide by 54). You're going to get the same number, because that's how math works...


      Edit: To use your example,
      2,984,666 / 54 = 55,271.593
      Same thing, but your "formula" needlessly complicates it, and people are likely to ask why you hose .0185. No one with any common sense and/or knowledge of ikariam will ask why I chose to divide by 54.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by dangderr ().

    • I see what your saying now, ya that makes since but it doesn't explain why. But go with that since we arn't in school and don't need to explain why. :beer:

      (added)
      Both equations are the same thing done in a different order. 100 * .01 / (100 - reduction)

      To go one step further, (total resources) * 100 * .01 / (100 - reduction). Which leads to just (total resources) / (100 - reduction) when you take out the middle math.

      (second add)
      And ya tehfallen, I forgot to mention don't include your wine consumption for score gain.


      My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • dangderr wrote:

      ImperialUser wrote:

      You don't multiply by 100, where are you getting that from? I'll explain it here, long form before compacted.

      100 resources natural = 100 resources used
      100 resources used - (building reduction and research reduction) = resource value
      100 resources natural / resource value = value per resource
      value per resource * .01 = score of value per resource

      ----
      At max reduction
      100 = 100 (before anything else, 1 resource = 1 resource)
      100 - (14 + 32) = 54 (54 resources used = 100 resources
      100 / 54 = 1.85185... (meaning 1 resource used in a building is worth 1.85 resource)
      1.85 * .01 = .0185 (the amount of score you gain per resource used)

      Just to show I'm not bonkers here, lvl 32 academy as an example, from wiki.

      With max reduction:
      wood+crystal: 2,984,666
      score gained for lvl 32 upgrade: 55,271

      2,984,666 * .0185185185 = 55,271.592

      (added)
      You could simplify the equation one step further to (100 - (X + Y)) * .0001. It just doesn't explain why you are multiplying by .0001.


      "100 / ( 100 - (X + Y) ) * .01"
      That's the formula you are using. You start out with 100 for some odd reason (there really is no reason to) and then you multiply by .01. Doing so cancels out the two, simplifying it to 1/ (100 - (X + Y)).

      It does not leave you with (100 - (X + Y)) * .0001. Check your math again...

      If you don't believe me, or forgot high school algebra, just use your formula to calculate something, and then do it my way (take your resource production and divide by 54). You're going to get the same number, because that's how math works...


      Edit: To use your example,
      2,984,666 / 54 = 55,271.593
      Same thing, but your "formula" needlessly complicates it, and people are likely to ask why you hose .0185. No one with any common sense and/or knowledge of ikariam will ask why I chose to divide by 54.

      I don't understand why you're nit-picking at how he arrived at his numbers? The numbers themselves are correct, who cares how he did it.

      ?(
    • Interesting twist on the other thread... I feel like we need Alleycat to weigh in on the numbers though. ;)

      Would I be correct in assuming this is for peacetime growth? As much as I'd love to attempt this one, my resources right now are mostly from expensive purchases or from looting the enemy. I have no idea how much that amounts to per hour. :unsure:

      sig by Checkmate

      I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • Ya it's hard to say "hourly" production when your raiding, since there are so many other variables to take into account. I'd probably calc your average daily loot and divide by 24. Say you average 4 full pillages a day for 70k and it costs you an extra 10k upkeep for 10 hours. I'd calc your regular score gain, calc the score gain of 280k (~5,180 total, roughly 215 score gained hourly), subtract your extra gold upkeep (-4,166 from your hourly production), and then just add normally.

      And to be even more accurate you could subtract your unit losses from your 280k raided that day, unless your making easy breaches and only losing a few units in the first round.


      My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • 512.796 from resource production
      0 points from research at moment
      0 for gold, use gold for tradeship purchases, but if you must know what the potential could be approx 52.5 poins
      - 166.67 for donations ( I am just basing on average pass performance and my intended future goals. It'll definitely be higher in long run which means low ts growth)

      = 346.126


      Factors I didn't consider, wine usage, I have always been able to pillage more than I could use. So you could subtract a possible approx 2k wine usage an hour on top of that. Also another aspect I couldn't be bothered measuring, is the cost extra associated in upgrading gr's and dumps, every other building though, I build as efficiently as possible. You also have to realize, everything you do could have a potential positive gain on your account, my actual production has increased approx 1500 wood and 1500 lux per hour over the last month, and will continue to climb, this will have a positive effect on longterm growth. Of coarse if we are just upgradings buildings like walls, barracks, shipyards and tradeport, we could stall our growth and predict where we are going in future...