have you guys heard of this awesome game?!?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• have you guys heard of this awesome game?!?

it's really old but microsoft has done a new version of it, and i gotta tell you, it's so much fun! almost everyone has or is playing it. i'm a huge fan, although, i have to say, a game where the likelihood of you succeeding is largely based upon luck rather than skill can be frustrating and might not be a good business model.

that being said, i'm going to continue playing solitaire.

please report this post so i can receive my warning for discussing games that are not ikariam.
    • Bugmeat wrote:

please report this post so i can receive my warning for discussing games that are not ikariam.

Except this doesn't exactly violate the rules. It's a violation if it's in a section for other specific topics or it's a game that directly competes with Game Forge games, like browser games from other companies. :thumbup:

So then this post is completely off the mark and we SHOULD be allowed to talk about Skyrim?
    • Apparently this forum handles the spam sections differently than every other forum I've been on. It seems my understanding of that particular rule for this forum was off. An S-mod would know better than I how it's handled here. So if that's what an S-mod said then that's what it is.

Off to the Dead Zone with your talk of other games then.
    • Bugmeat wrote:

Apparently this forum handles the spam sections differently than every other forum I've been on. It seems my understanding of that particular rule for this forum was off. An S-mod would know better than I how it's handled here. So if that's what an S-mod said then that's what it is.

Off to the Dead Zone with your talk of other games then.

Well maybe she is just mistaken and thought it was a browser game because I linked to a website that pertains to the game. So maybe you are actually correct and she's simply ignorant.

I want clarification, and if the rule is actually that you cannot talk about any other game other than Ikariam, then I want my warning. Because I'm breaking the rules talking about Solitaire.

Btw, I won 3 games in a row last night. I'm a balla!
    • Don't worry
      Bugmeat will save your a$$ in case something happens
      I've heard he likes pineapples :phatgrin:

The post was edited 1 time, last by AVATAR-BRO ().

• I definitely played starcraft and I think the first heroes of might and magic ...

But let's not distract from the topic of this thread: Solitaire!

What deck do you guys like to play with? I'm actually kind of digging the hearts deck myself.
    • tehfallen wrote:

I definitely played starcraft and I think the first heroes of might and magic ...

But let's not distract from the topic of this thread: Solitaire!

What deck do you guys like to play with? I'm actually kind of digging the hearts deck myself.

Really?

I've found pretty good luck using the floating fish deck, something about orange with a white strip help me get that W!
    • Do you prefer to go with 3 card deal or 1? I almost feel like 1 card deal dumbs the game down too much, it's almost like cheating. What skill does that take?
    • Moved to the correct section. ;) So any particular type of solitare (klondike, spider, clock)? Also is freecell > solitare?

-- :83

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • I had to find one of our old XP computers and get the original solitaire game for my mother. She doesn't like the the "new" version in windows.

I always loved Solitaire's Journey through Windows, and can only hope that it continues to work through new versions of windows.

No one plays Minesweeper? http://www.collegehumor.com/video/2200127/elephant-larry-minesweeper---the-movie

• I LOVE minesweeper!! I could play that game for hours! :)
      And that video was awesome ! :D

tehfallen wrote:

Do you prefer to go with 3 card deal or 1? I almost feel like 1 card deal dumbs the game down too much, it's almost like cheating. What skill does that take?

I think the 1 card deal does dumb it down, but that is how I started playing. Now all I play is the 3 card deal.