Upgrade building button x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Upgrade building button x

Sorry if this is a repeat, seems like something that would of been suggested before but I haven't seen it.

The upgrade button for a building should make sure you have enough resources in town to upgrade the building, for the initial upgrade only in case someone has building que.

If you do not have enough resources the upgrade button should be greyed out and it should say "Not enough resources to Upgrade." for the mouse over. Following further, the mouse over could specify how many of each resource you were missing, similar to the missing-resources script.

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • rperera wrote:

If I understand what you're saying, it would look something like this:

I don't see why not; it's simple and helpful.
      Exactly what I'm saying, for the top part. Grey out the upgrade button if you don't have the resources to do the upgrade.

MasterChief 117 wrote:

are you saying that, in your idea, it should not allow the upgrade bieng qued if you dont have the resources present?
      No, I added that part (because I think 10 steps ahead on all things) to make sure some kind of bug didn't arise where that would be the case. So even if you don't have the resources in town right that second it should still allow you to add any building to the que because X hours/days later after the first building in the que finishes you could have the resources coming into your town for the next building upgrade.

• This could work, but the problem is GF makes money every few times someone clicks on the upgrade button and sees "go to the trader". So I have to say that although I think it's great, I'll probably have to find a script for that in the future.
    • Currently if you click the upgrade button when you don't have enough resources it gives you a messsage like the following:

You do not have enough resources to build this building.

The following resources are missing to build the building:

Building material: 259,219
      Marble: 277,491

Back to the building

So the only difference with your idea would be that you wouldn't have to click the button to see that?
    • For the most part.

After thinking about it more I don't like it listing the resources in the tool tip. Maybe a better way of doing it would be like rperera displayed, with resources missing bellow like the script does now and have the button grayed out with the tool tip just being "You do not have enough resources to upgrade."