Ambrosia Usage Control

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Ambrosia Usage Control

Hello,
      I'll explain two problems that I had and then give out the suggestion so that it can be known as something important...

(Please note that my huge target is using Ikariam Premium and that's it, nothing else)

I had two bad experiences that happened with me.
      1st one (It happened on my previous account that I deleted that was registered by my other email, but it's deleted): what happened is was playing the game normal, didn't use any ambrosias, and before I sleep, I did look at it, and it was normal but when I slept and woke up, I found out that there is one went missing after I woke up, I sent out a bug, but today after my second problem happened with it, I spoke through IRC and asking, it could be a use mistake, even tho I'm not sure, but what I'm sure about, I didn't use it! Or even got any benefits from it.

2nd one (Which just today, just 30-60 minutes ago): I was playing the game normally but suddenly by a mistake, I clicked that offer Naturalize barbarians by a mistake, which I don't really need or even see it useful, it pissed me off really big, because all I wanted is using ikariam premium at the right time not this, and it never been on my interest, which I paid ambrosia for something I never need or something I never liked.

and what pisses me off more is that there was no confirmation? which technically others may lose ambrosias just like that because of mistakes! And what really bugs me is that it doesn't make any sense, you put a feature like: Feature - Captcha safety check when abandoning a city. but not adding a confirmation message to this one? there could be a bot or something that may finish ambrosias in a minute or something! so why this doesn't have confirmation at least?

Me personally after experiencing those two problems, I do not think I would buy ambrosia at all, because of this bad first & second impression.

What I'm suggesting:
      1. Confirmation message before using any ambrosia. (And make this to be the default option that it should appears to avoid mistakes)
      2. Add in "Options" section a feature like asking user if he/she would like confirmation message before using ambrosia or not if it's gonna bother others. (just to make confirmation message as optional feature for others who doesn't want it)

By the way:
      I think that what users or players would often do after doing such mistakes --> :dash:

Thank you very much,
      Defeater

The post was edited 1 time, last by Defeater: Fixing some English mistakes ().

• Zero - although you decided to add an option to enable or disable the confirmation message, that would be counterproductive to what you're suggesting. Because of that, they will not add that part in and leaving us with the main idea, nobody that uses a LOT of ambrosia wants to see the classic "are you sure you'd like to blah" I'd probably chuck whatever I'm using at the time out a bloody window.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • @defeater

dont mind babycry (whatever his board name is) he doesnt have any real account on any server to begin w/ but he the lives here in the suggestion hub so be careful, he already got 6 million ponts from me in his suggetion. :lol:

anyway ill give your idea 5, confirmation before usage of ambrosia. it happened to me, i click the steam sulfur paddle wheel so sleepy that time i was after the steam hammer. i dont even have a sulfur town. :lolbash:
      sorry cant give it 2 million points, i reseverd it for babycry (whatever his board name is) :lol:

hey nice sig you got there babycry(whatever your board name is), i did not know i made a great sig artist..
      by the way dont attack me im just a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:

The post was edited 1 time, last by spaPOT ().

• spamBOT please stop vomiting your stupidity all over the rest of us that read the suggestions forum. Your constant "@babycry (whatever your board name is)" is in no way witty or clever. You asinine ramblings about imaginary servers and alliances is ridiculous, at best because many of us do know Bam from various servers. If you're so thin skinned that a few comments from Bam made you cry so hard that you just can't move past it take your nonsense to PM's, Bam loves hate mail here on the board. Your other options are to toughen up and grow a pair or simply add him to your ignore list.

Usually it's funny to see people get all butt hurt and whine at Bam. But most of them do it with at least a modicum of intelligence. The stupid that you keep spewing forth is nothing but sad. You are embarrassing yourself kid and you really should feel bad if that's the best that you can do. Hell, I feel bad for you.
    • I can understand both the people who like the option and the same the other way around.

It is very anoying, especially when you use ambrosia a lot if you have to click the yes I am sure button all the time.
      But a misclick is easily made so I also understand that some want to confirm it first.

I play ikairam on my phone and had a bad connection and tagged the screen one time too many because of the waiting time.
      Without wanting to, twice the amount of goods were protected while once was already too much.
      In this case I can only blame my impatience but still it would have been nice to have a confirmation..

The standard option I guess should be that a confirmation is required.
      In the option menu, players who don't want to confirm can select confirmation turned off. This is only a small step for players playing a lot (I am guessing most ambrosia users do) and will 'save' the others from making that mistake.

So if it is an option then 5/5

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dutchie ().

• 4/5 I do see both ways. Must be annoying to waste ambrosia like that... I'd also like to compliment Bugmeat for putting that slinger in his place. Hopefully spaPOT doesn't troll any more threads.
    • id have to give this 0/5 because taking up more server space with code so you dont have to be more careful with your fingers is not reason enough for me, sorry :( just my opinion.
    • 5/5

Yes, I believe there should be a confirmation box for every action involving Ambrosia. Even if I had a large quanity of the stuff, I would loose my nerve if I accidently lost 10 of it to a misclick. This should be implemented.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    • Surprised by some replies

Please note before further reading, that my two features that I required, aren't for me, but I'm talking about people who might face bad experience at the beginning and stop buying the ambrosia, so this is important for GameForge, we all need players to buy ambrosia to keep this game up and running, and help them upgrade it and make it better...
      I'm surprised by few replies, but I'm not really against your opinions, but I'll give my own opinion toward those opinions:

bamcbix wrote:

Zero - although you decided to add an option to enable or disable the confirmation message, that would be counterproductive to what you're suggesting. Because of that, they will not add that part in and leaving us with the main idea, nobody that uses a LOT of ambrosia wants to see the classic "are you sure you'd like to blah" I'd probably chuck whatever I'm using at the time out a bloody window.
      Your opinion is counterproductive and the feature would probably will get you bored.
      I believe the time out window is because of a mistake somewhere in the code (I do face a not found page, but this is resulted semantic error), other than that, you should face delay in loading or you will not be able to connect for a while.
      Also, I don't think this is your worries, you should worry more about your ambrosias and let them do their job and worry more about their features and making the game more better, and by the way if you disable the option as in the optional feature I've given; it should not really make any difference at all for your connection with the game, completely no difference.

Master Chief117 wrote:

id have to give this 0/5 because taking up more server space with code so you dont have to be more careful with your fingers is not reason enough for me, sorry :( just my opinion.
      My opinion for this one too, is that it's gameforge worries not ours to worry about, they are the ones with technical details, we are the ones with fun and happy time :-), but it's up to you, and don't worry, it's not taken...

Oh also, server space, If they really worry about it, they wouldn't really put "suggestion", I think they need suggestions to make this a better game, and about the "space" & "speed" & "technical details", let them worry about all this stuff, they will figure out 1 way or another to make it better game. and if this gonna affect the game's efficiency for us all, they will not add it unless they figure out a way to not affect it...
    • I think there should be a confirmation request whenever you do something that would require ambrosia. I can't pay for ambrosia and so I have to use SponsorPay. SponsorPay rarely works for me, so I don't have a lot of opportunities to earn ambrosia this way. Just 10 minutes ago, I accidentally clicked "Naturalize Barbarians" and wasted the ambrosia I was going to use for something that actually would have been useful to me. I don't have any way to prove this, as it doesn't even give a message that says it was done successfully. I think the barbarian naturalization is way overpriced and I just think there should be a basic confirmation (just a basic javascript alert or something) for when you are using ambrosia so you don't waste actual money by accident...
    • Apocalypticable wrote:

I think there should be a confirmation request whenever you do something that would require ambrosia. I can't pay for ambrosia and so I have to use SponsorPay. SponsorPay rarely works for me, so I don't have a lot of opportunities to earn ambrosia this way. Just 10 minutes ago, I accidentally clicked "Naturalize Barbarians" and wasted the ambrosia I was going to use for something that actually would have been useful to me. I don't have any way to prove this, as it doesn't even give a message that says it was done successfully. I think the barbarian naturalization is way overpriced and I just think there should be a basic confirmation (just a basic javascript alert or something) for when you are using ambrosia so you don't waste actual money by accident...

Interesting. I posted an independent suggestion that ended up here...
    • and for the second time I give this idea a Zero. nobody that pays attention to what they're doing would want to confirm it after every single usage. Nobody would want to do it... I'm not going to pay for something to ask me if I'm sure... yes I'm sure I bought the ambrosia and clicked it so I'm pretty f****** sure. And yet again if you add an option to cancel it that is counterproductive to what your suggesting so why even add this in the first place? Zero.

And to anybody else that wants to suggest this

Zero.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• Master Chief117 wrote:

id have to give this 0/5 because taking up more server space with code so you dont have to be more careful with your fingers is not reason enough for me, sorry :( just my opinion.

You realize it's one line of javascript per ambrosia feature, right? That's maybe a kilobyte total. That's nothing.

@bamcbix... Have you ever said yes to any suggestion? Have you ever given any suggestion more than 0? The thing about ambrosia is that it costs REAL money. It sucks have to spend REAL money because you accidentally click something on a game. Normally when you spend REAL money online, it asks you to confirm it 20 times unless it's trying to rip you off.

5/5

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apocalypticable ().

• then perhaps it should only ask you when you buy it because anything after that and you are f*****. I have said yes, 5/5, 4/5 etc to many-a decent ideas... this isnt even worth while. Since I actually spend MY money on the game and not survey's ambrosia gift, I think my argument holds more merit simply because you dont spend your money, you spent a little bit more time which doesnt even hold water.

Are you sure you would like to take this survey?

Are you sure you would like to accept this?

Are you sure you clicked the right button?

Are you sure your not half special?

Are you sure the following information is correct?

Fact is when you click the confirmation button you wont even notice that you made the mistake anyways and you're going to be coming back here asking for your ambrosia back, what a joke.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• The 170 that I get from doing a single survey lasts me about 2 weeks so I use a fair amount of the stuff, although not nearly as much as others. But I don't want to be hassled with a confirmation for every time I use a little bit of ambrosia. That would get real old, real quick.
    • Hi Apocalypticable,

This thread not being an independent thread, is addressed by this thread announcing we would begin merging repeats. This makes it so users can get a better grasp of arguments for and against in one place, rather than diluting the voting process by having multiple threads on the same idea.

-- :83

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Turkeh wrote:

Hi Apocalypticable,

This thread not being an independent thread, is addressed by this thread announcing we would begin merging repeats. This makes it so users can get a better grasp of arguments for and against in one place, rather than diluting the voting process by having multiple threads on the same idea.

-- :83
      I assumed so.