deleting buildings x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• deleting buildings x

Personally, I have never taken away one level of a building and only one, I have only taken the entire building down and when it is a level 32 building, it takes much unneeded time.

I impose that instead of clicking Demolish, Demolish, Demolish Demolish.... you simply get taken to a separate screen with a slider which gives you the option to turn your building into any level under its current number, the goods that you will get back will factor in together and instead of having to click thirty-two times, you will just need to do so four times.

Why four times? First you must click Demolish, the slider for whatever level, accept and then you will be brought to the screen that makes sure that is the building level you want it at so no mistakes can be made, as well, on that last screen, you will also see the total amount of goods you will receive instead of per-level making tearing down buildings multiple times easier.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • i believe there was a topic on this but it didnt have a slider it was a complete destroy.

but this idea makes betters sense then that one. i would give 5/5. And considering you can see how much you get you can degrade unimportant buildings to upgrade unimportant buildings without getting rid of them

The post was edited 1 time, last by RebelDeath ().

• 5/5
      I am in agreement that the current demolishing system is a nuisance. While this idea is not at all needed it would be very nice in that it would remove a frustrating part of the game.
    • Not exactly a repeat, I revised it from the original mistakes that were involved, this way if somebody were to want some lower level for whatever reason, they may now have it instead of automatically destroying the entire buildings, also, you have the screen that provides the checks and balances.

Thanks to all votes so far, if any questions arise, I will be available.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• The current system actually requires 64 clicks to tear down a building. You click demolish, it asks "Are you sure?" and you click yes: two clicks per level. Although this suggestion would be convenient, I don't think players demolish buildings frequently enough to necessitate or justify a change. 3/5
    • Do you really take down buildings that often to need a demolish button?
      Taking down a build is not an everyday thing for people in ikariam so therefore this idea is not important.

On another note, if they were to put a 'demolish button' they should make a button to maximize buildings so you do not need to keep upgrading it but this idea would be shut down too as they do have something along the lines of this which is ikariam plus. So why would they do this unless they stop charging people for ikariam plus...
    • Whaa - clearly you've never 1. taken over somebody else's account, 2. needed more than 1 WH, 3. decided to build a dump 4. lvl 11 Palace/GR or 5 see an update that requires you to have an acad after you already destroyed it and replaced it with a level 32 anything.

a maximize button is different because you need to have the build time, we do not have demolish time and as well as that, that is what people use ambrosia for, to have 4 buildings build one after the other.

Plus has nothing to do with demolishing buildings. I use it all the time basically since I started.

As for people do not do this enough well the fact of the matter is that people do use it more than a few times, there are plenty of things already build into the game that are not used a lot however, they are still in the game to make the lives easier for people. The issue is not that people do not use this enough but people with ambrosia typically do not use this as they do not tear down a town to move it, they use ambrosia, well non-ambrosia users tear down building after building to move that town or to destroy that town or rebuild it to whatever they need it as. There are uses for this unlike other things suggestion, thats where the difference relies.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• So what your in name game then? Well can compare and see who has the higher total score. If I have a higher total score than you and you need to take down buildings it shows I'm skilled at the game than you are? So, instead of hiding on the board, tell me your name.
    • I can personally guarantee that my TS is larger than 2,567,786. what does that have to do with this suggestion?

anybody that wants to go hunting for my IGN, go ahead, you're not going to find it, seriously. tearing down a level 32 building is 64 clicks of annoyance, its unnecessary to have to do something like that when all they need to do is create something that will let you choose at what level you may tear it down to.

So, instead of hiding on the board, tell me your name.
      I don't hide, I simply just do not need to give anybody any of my in games. If I want you to know it, you'll know it and if I do not, why would you need it? It helps you do what? nothing. I'm fine with having other people post my CRs, all of that... again, what does this have to do with the suggested idea? Nothing. Thanks, please come back when you've got something on topic.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• Whaa wrote:

So what your in name game then? Well can compare and see who has the higher total score. If I have a higher total score than you and you need to take down buildings it shows I'm skilled at the game than you are? So, instead of hiding on the board, tell me your name.

I don't know about bamcbix's name or score, but I fully support his position. I gave this a 5/5. My guess is that I have demolished more buildings in my time than anyone else here, including level 40 warehouses, and at the risk of letting people know my in-game name (if they haven't already figured it out), I can tell you that I don't need to know your in-game name or server to know I have a higher score than you if you are playing on .com, a reasonable assumption since you are posting here. Whether I am more skillful than you or have just been playing longer (almost 2 years 10 months now) you can decide when your score reaches mine or when you have played that long, based on which comes first. I consider myself to be quite skillful, and unlike many of the top players, I haven't used Ambrosia.

There are huge numbers of reasons to change your towns around, both because of their evolution and to take advantage of changing game conditions, or sometimes just to build a building and do something in transition when you have taken down a building and are about to put the one you need up.

Just one example, if you have reached a plateau and have nothing further you can build in your town for a while (because there is nothing left that is small enough for a level 25 Dump and two level 40 Warehouses to hold the needed resources), and you don't plan to be upgrading the storage for a couple of years, why keep your Carpenter and Architect? The bonus and reduction buildings are cheap to build and to take down. So rebuild the Forester you took out when you built the Architect and started building seriously in that town, and either a Barracks, if you need one because you will be taking a Barracks out of another town to put in a Dump, or add a Trading Port or even a Wine Press (ick) which would do more than just stand there for two years of not building.

And if you do want to upgrade the storage right away, you could keep the Carpenter and replace the Architect with a Fireworks Test Area. Then you will only need 8.5 million sulfur for those last 15 Dump levels and you will be able to finish it with just two Warehouses. Without a Fireworks Test Area you would need 304 effective WH levels which not even a third Warehouse could supply, and a lot more sulfur, to boot.

I will point out here that the main reason to choose to build a reduction building is not to save resources, which you can eventually acquire, but that eventually you will need it in order for it to be even possible to build a building. Once you recognize that you will need it, you should build it all the way up early, as soon as you are on the path to build the building that needs it without having to tear things down. This is why you should build a level 32 Carpenter in a town very near the beginning. You can't build that GR10 without it, so you might as well have it from the start and save all that wood along the way.

So much of the skill in this game is deciding when to take buildings down and what buildings to have at any given moment to best take advantage of the resources you can acquire. If you never take buildings down, you will likely never grow to much more than 5 or 6 million points, and you will eventually get bored with building.

So, given that full demolition of large buildings is a necessary part of the game, why shouldn't it be made easy? Especially since the programming for it would be trivial. This isn't the kind of thing where it would take a lot of testing to make sure the interface worked well with other things, this is less than four programmer-hours and a few minutes of checking that it works right, the kind of thing that could be done in a silent update. If you bought a game on a CD/DVD to play at home and one of the things you had to do as part of it was hit a button 64 (or 80) times in a row, even if rarely, would you consider that good design?