Better indication of ally islands x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Better indication of ally islands x

The new indicator of whether an island has an ally's town on it is not as clear as it used to be. The flag too easily blends in and does not stand out sufficiently.

I propose going back to something like the old indicator, a green highlight ring around the island. Either color the light blue area around the island a different color, or something like the radiating beams of light around an island, like how selected islands are indicated, but green.
    • Island auras were SO much easier to see.

5/5

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • They're easier to notice now than they were when they first put it on test. Complaints about how they didn't stand out enough and requests to make it more noticeable only resulted in a slight shift in colors. I'd like to go back to the halos too. But GF doesn't go back to the old once they've got their minds made up on something new. They might tweak the new, but that's the best that we can expect. It sucks, but we're almost certainly stuck with the flags.

Until someone makes a script fixing it.
    • Esper wrote:

The new indicator of whether an island has an ally's town on it is not as clear as it used to be. The flag too easily blends in and does not stand out sufficiently.

I propose going back to something like the old indicator, a green highlight ring around the island. Either color the light blue area around the island a different color, or something like the radiating beams of light around an island, like how selected islands are indicated, but green.

Despite I’m not getting what exactly you're suggesting, I’m voting 4/5.
      Which one it is?
      A: A green highlighted ring around the island.
      B: Light blue area around the island.
      C: Radiating beams of green light around the island.
      D: The flags, as your saying, have to be in very noticeable contrast with the surrounding aria.

Now that we can see more islands in the world map it is hard to notice ally islands in the far parts (away from the center) of the map.
      No offends, but please make it clear suggestion and I’ll change my vote to 5/5. :havecookie:
      An advice used to cost a "Camel" once, Now it is free, but no one takes it ^^