Alliance Applications

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Alliance Applications

I have just thought it would be a great help in choosing the right members for your alliance IF you could actually have them submit answers to specific questions you ask in the application the player sends when he/she applies for your alliance. In short an alliance is able to ask a total of 3-4 questions in an app... These questions can be added through a role of a certain member of leadership (Diplomat or Home Sec) as a function accessed through the embassy. Similar to changing editing the internal alliance page.

I feel as though this method could help limit the time a player waits to be accepted and it allows the alliance to know what type of player is applying and whether or not he/she will have a great chance at fitting in the alliance. It should also allow far less blank applications and help Leaders to assign specific roles in the alliance.

Overall I think the idea is great BUT it is now time for the insight of fellow players so by all means begin voting! :phatgrin:

Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much khaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you ALIVE.
    • Ok Draxo so I should work twice as hard remembering and retyping or opening an app to copy and paste questions that can be easily preset for the app and this will allow me more time to surf and focus on in game stuff rather than me having to worry about questioning a player?

Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much khaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you ALIVE.
    • King J wrote:

Ok Draxo so I should work twice as hard remembering and retyping or opening an app to copy and paste questions that can be easily preset for the app and this will allow me more time to surf and focus on in game stuff rather than me having to worry about questioning a player?

Is that really so onerous? How many requests are you getting to join your alliance?

A common practice I've seen is for alliances to include directions for applying on their external alliance page, including any questions they want answered in an application. Is there a compelling reason why that is not sufficient?
    • Thanks Bam

Deadlyotaku... we have no recruiter because we are popular and recruiting is just not anymore!

@ Lam... i play on newer servers and you would be surprised at how many apps I have been getting in the past week... Blank apps at that! Then I have to message them wait for a response then message them again and wait some more! It is tiring!

• you would be surprised at how many apps I have been getting in the past week... Blank apps at that! Then I have to message them wait for a response then message them again and wait some more! It is tiring!
      Like said before - publish all necessary questions in external page. If even then they send empty applications - imho, you don't need them and can simply reject. :)
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • deadlyotaku wrote:

Tell us, Jesus, why we should beleive!!! Some of the voters could be atheists

Ok here's a straightforward way of what I said for the noob that reported me for having a sense of humor

jesus221 wrote:

I like this, i think it would definitely help for recruiting members

I asked him to explain his post or his post could be considered spam as well
      so explain your statement
    • Honestly otaku sounds like one of those players that enjoy seeing blank apps!