polls

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I'd love to be able to poll my alliance on a question of my choosing, perhaps via a circular or something. For example, do we go to war? yes/no. Or, who do you feel is best suited to be our general? Robby/Bob/Robert/Bobby. Or even, do we declare Sundays "Tempura Udon Day"? .... well, ok, clearly the only possible answer for that one is "yes". But anyway, you get my point.

EDIT: It has occurred to me that people will probably respond with suggestions to send out circulars. But what I'm asking for is an actual polling mechanism, where I can set responses (perhaps with checkboxes or radiobuttons) and then go and view the results of the poll without having to tally them from reading circulars myself. Members are also much more likely to respond if all that is involved is a mouseclick, also.

The post was edited 2 times, last by istril ().

• make an external alliance forum i'd suggest Yuku its what i'm gonna do when i finally get time to make one for WROU (ya i just got made the HS yesterday)
    • strychnine wrote:

make an external alliance forum i'd suggest Yuku its what i'm gonna do when i finally get time to make one for WROU (ya i just got made the HS yesterday)

This completely defeats the purpose. we HAVE an external forum. The point is, even with circulars it is often hard to get an alliance of 100+ members to contribute ideas. Having them go offsite is even more unlikely. I want something really easy, fast, and effective to get an idea of how the alliance feels about something.
    • This is almost a forum in and of itself, you should just make a forum like stated earlier. Therefore, I do not believe this will be implemented do to that because it just takes up server space that can easily be avoided. I am the forum tech of my alliance, we MAKE them go off site so that way we aren't flooded with 1,000s of messages, and trust me, slowly but surely, all of the alliance members are signing up.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Anarcalow ().

• If your alliance members don't want to take the time to go to an external page that will obviously help out the alliance, then their opinions shouldn't really matter.
    • Suggestions in alliance

Suggestions in Alliance

Why not make a button or something and it is for your alliance so you can make suggestions like what could we do and ranks and other stuff. Also who should join or be banned from the alliance. This will allow others have a say. Also a new job so that person gets the suggestions. If he likes them he lets everyone in the alliance vote if they like it or not. If they do then there could be a new rank or promotion. :thumbup:
    • You mean.... sort of like the messaging system that's already in place? Is there really a need for a special messaging system just for the suggestions that can easily be made through the current system?
    • It dosent change the gameplay or anything. You only discuss who should be in the alliance and who should not and ranks there could be. Nothing like the one we are on now.

The post was edited 2 times, last by franny samba ().

• I think that it already exist, you just message the Home Secretary, he is the one in charge of the ranks and who gets in or not in the alliance, he can also boot them if they are not what they are looking for.

It`s also the HS job to keep the council of the alliance informed bout the changes in membership and suggestions he receives
    • the HS could easily send an alliance message stating the idea and people give him thier votes u dont need to make a whole new system

The post was edited 2 times, last by -The Conqueror- ().

• Y'know, I may be stating the obvious, but that's what the external forum is for.

We run everything that doesn't need an immediate response through the forum, and any changes to the alliance or it's structure happen there. You don't neef GF to host a forum for you, just get your own and conduct that business there.

Additionally, not all alliances are democratic - some are heirarchical, some an anarchical. We're technically an autocracy, I think, but I generally co-opt everyones opinions anyway.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Morningstar ().

• Morningstar wrote:

Y'know, I may be stating the obvious, but that's what the external forum is for.

We run everything that doesn't need an immediate response through the forum, and any changes to the alliance or it's structure happen there. You don't neef GF to host a forum for you, just get your own and conduct that business there.

Additionally, not all alliances are democratic - some are heirarchical, some an anarchical. We're technically an autocracy, I think, but I generally co-opt everyones opinions anyway.
      I agree with this statement 100% and more. Why clutter up the game with stuff that can be done else where? Let the focus of the game be just that... the game itself. Side communications even if it deals with the game on down to voting whose in or out and such with a meter can all be done on external forums. In my particular Order, I lead and have officers in place that form the council. We vote on many things concerning the entire Order and I hold veto power as do they. All said and done though the only things voted on though are what I bring to the table or open for vote in the first place. If it were to be put in the game... how many groups would use it aside from yours? How long would the results stay present or would they self delete after a certain amount of time? Where would this poll be taken and shown?

Saying this is a good idea is one thing along with saying WE/the game NEED it... we dont need it and not really a good idea or at least one that isnt available else where. A good idea would have had all of that answered already. :thumbdown:
    • polls through a circ

i wonder if we can get the ability to add polls to our circs to help with larger alliances on concepts such as voting for war or other alliance discussions. :D