Standard war: Waltz Declares War On Ghost

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• As the leader, diplomat, home sec, and general of Waltz I second my previous message.

The terms WALTZ sets forward is upon Ghost's surrender a month long gag order on all of Dogofwar, Svana. JuneBar...., and LostSoul's posts on the forums. And for those mentioned above that means you may not post on the boards for 30 days. And an immediate and everlasting end to the GHOST alliance meddling in everyone's affairs on the zeta server.

DT
  • You do realise that as far as the Ikariam Forum boards go - most are dying, and yet you want to stop some of the most active players from posting? You and your alliance won't be able to shut them up - in fact you have just given them more fuel.. so well done. :D

Thank you to Svana for the Sig
  • Actually it is not these days. I will refer you to the bug report section to let you remind yourself how little you actually keep up with current events. :)

So when a car blows a gasket you get water in the oil and end up with some bent valves or push rods and a ruined motor. I guess this is what happens when a person blows a gasket. I thought they just got in to fights with their grandmas or sisters or some random stranger at the homeless shelter.

I can't wait to see who you attack first DT :stick:

Or are you the sort that lays down a DoW of your own and expects everyone to come running at you for some reason or another?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Originally posted by Harlot

You Ghost me and a family member WILL die
    Originally posted by linkoo:
    What the hell are you gonna do with 1.1k military? I misplace that many troops
    Originally posted by PhattyB
    My enjoyment comes from your suffering. So have a nice day.
  • We will see Hanni. I am hoping you guys warp a few cities to my forge islands and leech those for a while. We all know you guys can easily overwhelm me we will see I may have a thing or two up my sleeve. As I remember when SOCC declared on your guys, they hit a point as well. They knew their chances are as good as mine.

I didn't blow a gasket, I just got fed up with the GHOST cult of personality.

If the PMs I have been receiving in game through the boards are any indication; the couple of dozen I have received so far (outside of my Waltz brothers) are overwhelmingly supportive and anti GHOST (0 so far supportive of ghost). So far I am not seeing the support for GHOST in this.
  • So you're saying you are yelling "WAR TIME!" but then expect us to use our resources to come to YOU? If that only worked. We could have told Iraq "hey, it's party time! Come at us!". That would have saved the US billions in travel expenses.

So what happens if you just sit there and we just sit there? That'll make you look rather foolish now won't it. I've made my own alliance and did an actual DoW on a very large alliance before. You know what, I went to them.

If the messages I am getting from other people in other alliances are true. You need to go to the mental hospital ASAP and get some help. They're having a good laugh. Looking over my messages, it's far more than a dozen from non Ghost people. So we're already winning? :pillepalle:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Most excellent. Let me/us know if you need any coords.

I can almost hear the Jaws theme playing!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Danger Trebor...Do you realize that SOcc are GHOST friendly now? They are the ones that you were thumping on before you decided to re-attack SJK. The current big and mighty WALTZ only declare on alliances that are smaller than they are. This one dow is an aberration for you and looks like you went off the deep end.

You admit you don't pay attention to the board...you have proven you barely pay attention to the game...why did you feel the need to declare on GHOST?

History lesson:
    SOcc dowed because they were prompted by another alliance who claimed they were going to support them and dow as well...and no, I am not talking REM, who did DOW at roughly the same time. SOcc did not plan on winning - they only wanted people to know what was going on and got bad advice. So you plan on not winning and only want to let people know what is going on? Ok...consider us informed.

I am speaking for myself and I don't mind your DoW...it's keeping the boards interesting. I am learning all sorts of things about you. I am just trying to understand. But asking me to refrain from speaking (a nicer way of saying shut up) is like asking the sun to not shine...the rain to not fall...etc. If Dog has failed in his many years of playing with me...and believe you me, he tried...then you, whom I have no respect for, don't stand a chance.

automeris wrote:

And I will tell you, I bet most of the people who have left, and many staying including myself, will NEVER try out another gameforge game. I have already looked at games on the web and just closed the browser window when I saw that GF was involved. One experience with this management style is enough for a lifetime.

• You heard her Danger. Actually the only thing that ever worked was when she had her original account. You know the one that never got above 150k.

Anyway, lots of drama on the boards these days. Almost makes me consider taking my account off vac mode, but alas I'll just read the lies, posturing and hypocritical statements from the sidelines. For now.

Everyone's relentless board posts finally turned me onto their way of thinking.

Said nobody, ever.
  • Since the initial post in this thread is a little vague about details, I figured I'd link the explanation from the other thread for our readers.

GHOST Dancing ....WALTZ or Two Step?

And yes, this is definitely not the kind of war we see everyday. If people wanted something different, this is it. It kind of looks like anything I post is now considered relevant to this war. Interesting.... :whistling:

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
    Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
    Carved my name into his leather seats...
    I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
    Slashed a hole in all four tires...
    Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
  • Svana wrote:

Danger Trebor...Do you realize that SOcc are GHOST friendly now? They are the ones that you were thumping on before you decided to re-attack SJK. The current big and mighty WALTZ only declare on alliances that are smaller than they are. This one dow is an aberration for you and looks like you went off the deep end.

You admit you don't pay attention to the board...you have proven you barely pay attention to the game...why did you feel the need to declare on GHOST?

History lesson:
    SOcc dowed because they were prompted by another alliance who claimed they were going to support them and dow as well...and no, I am not talking REM, who did DOW at roughly the same time. SOcc did not plan on winning - they only wanted people to know what was going on and got bad advice. So you plan on not winning and only want to let people know what is going on? Ok...consider us informed.

I am speaking for myself and I don't mind your DoW...it's keeping the boards interesting. I am learning all sorts of things about you. I am just trying to understand. But asking me to refrain from speaking (a nicer way of saying shut up) is like asking the sun to not shine...the rain to not fall...etc. If Dog has failed in his many years of playing with me...and believe you me, he tried...then you, whom I have no respect for, don't stand a chance.

This is the passage I was referring to Svana. (in blue below) For Christ's sake, are all of you that seem to type type type on these threads addicted to hyperbole? Who asked you to continue imparting on us the diarrhetic sludge in your skulls that passes for knowledge ? (lostsoul, I know you are a little slow so I will help you out.....hyperbole means exaggeration....exaggeration means to overstate.....overstate means to skew the truth so that your story is embellished for greater effect)

Friday, September 3rd 2010, 4:19am
    Standard War SOcc and GHOST
    We as SOcc are declaring a standard war on GHOST. Our members, some very small, and some larger, have been under constant attack by GHOST over the last few days. The rumor in Zeta is GHOST is bored and has chosen a couple of alliances to go after, SOcc being one of them.
    Though we are really no match for a number 12 alliance we will fight valiantly and intelligently. Though we are no match for alliances like this, we will stand tall and let it be known that we will do all we can to protect our members and prove we are much wiser than we seem.

And by this I mean, that Waltz has absolutely no chance of winning this, but we will make a darn good attempt. 1 active account (Danger Trebor) and 3 vacation accounts. However where Rockstar stated that GHOST chose to go after SOCC in a military fashion, Ghost has purposefully chosen to go after Waltz on the boards, exaggerating nearly everything that is said for some kind of humor and purpose that is known only to the members of Ghost. I have a suspicion that Waltz was attracting too much attention with our War against SJK and K9 and his pack of short bus riders got jealous and had to make things about them again.

Perhaps you should take your own advise, go back and read the posts I was referring to in the context I referred to them, and stick a sock in your pie hole next time before spouting off like Vesuvius with no purpose.
  • 1 hour and 45 minutes. Oh the excitement. I do not hear the Jaws theme any more though. I actually hear the Looney Tunes theme coming from the Waltz camp. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Danger Trebor wrote:

This is a diplomacy thread. The above is spam.

Backseat modding is against the rules
    -DrunkWithAGun
    When one is discussing terms set out in a DOW, that is called Diplomacy, not spam.

Glad to know your getting heaps of messages of support - Yay for you - you might need it as you kicked out every single member of your alliance for the reason that they need time to rebuild - so the question i ask is should we actually let these players rebuild or attack them anyway. I mean, silly us for letting them grow in peace, while you waste our time with your crazy little scheme of declaring on GHOST.

You said yourself that they had to rebuild to get back to full strength. Maybe you should have thought about your alliance a little more? Or, couldn't be bothered waiting, and had to come up with some kind of a plan to keep them safe. Might not work to your advantage. In fact, you have left your alliance stranded without a clear way to communicate unless using another chat - quite a pain when in the middle of a war.

Thank you to Svana for the Sig
  • OH DT - I kinda like that...makes me think detox and that is something you apparently need to do.

I was involved in that war and my reading retention is fine. Actually, to be honest with you, I can remember most everything I read, it's why I can find all the quotes from all the lying people...and I just told you that I was they were misinformed and urged to declare by another unnamed alliance that did not declare. BTW they are now now friendly to GHOST. Can you feel the love?

See, Detox, I am allowed to post on the boards as you are not my mommy. When my simple questions in the other DoW rubbed you wrong - it made me wonder why. And when I wonder why, I ask more questions. Funny that...I asked you on the boards and your alliance got all bent out of shape...and I went interesting. And then I did the next best thing...I asked the other alliance.

Now you claim that I should not get to post on the boards because I caught you? Well - DT - how about I simply use your own words against you. You are free to think that if that is what it takes to make you feel any better.

My new buzz words...onward and forward... for the good of the server!

NM that people like you are getting those smaller accounts to rage quit faster than we get them...according to DRZ that's a good thing.

And now back to

automeris wrote:

And I will tell you, I bet most of the people who have left, and many staying including myself, will NEVER try out another gameforge game. I have already looked at games on the web and just closed the browser window when I saw that GF was involved. One experience with this management style is enough for a lifetime.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Svana: smileys...I am after all still Svana ().

• Svana,

Please, I stand corrected. Please post everything and anything you wish on these forums.

You know what has been said......the bleating of the sheep will keep the opposition from being heard, "two legs bad four legs good", and some animals are more equal than others. I think Napoleon, Snowball, and Old Major would be very proud of you and your mates. But I think you remind me most of Squealer.

DT

PS that's not a bottle of alcohol

The post was edited 1 time, last by Danger Trebor ().

• You declare war and then sit on your hands doing nothing for days and days? no wonder it takes so long in your wars.

No offence to your teaching style and intellect, but if you think this is going to teach us anything, I am just not seeing it.

I also do not see how you are going to "expose the frauds" by sitting back and doing nothing, unless you are talking about self examination, then I suppose I really don't want to know your methods.

GHOST, picture story time...lets get out some good posters and have some fun with the Substitute teacher Mad Cow.

"I consider myself a road man for the lords of karma."

Hunter S. Thompson

The post was edited 1 time, last by DogofWar ().