Music

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I'm a player that likes to listen to music while they play, but I sometimes find myself searching for some new music (aka, music I haven't listened to hundreds of time)... SO, for those people like me, I figured I'd make a "post your current song your listening to" thread...
      I s'pose I'll start...

The post was edited 1 time, last by ZJoker ().

• I too love to listen to music while playing. I am actually a full time DJ so I listen to just about every genre of music as well. Though while I am pillaging there is nothing like a good hard rock song to get me amped up only to watch the ticker slowly count down.

One of my favorite pillaging songs is...

"A Warrior's Call" by Volbeat

Another good one is by Metallica and its called "Fuel"
    • Ikariam is essentially a waiting game, and I've pretty much become a fan of every musical genre while waiting for my buildings to expand.

Try Bon Jovi (Bed of Roses, No Apologies, Have a Nice Day, Livin' On A Prayer) , Aerosmith, Green Day (Wake Me Up When September Ends), Foo Fighters (Pretender, Learn to Fly) and a couple of Linkin Park songs when you're bored.

Dubstep, like Ephixa's Zeldastep when you feel like tapping your feet or banging your head.

Ed Sheeran (The A Team, Autumn Leaves) and The Script when you've got a case of heartache or feeling sad.

Eminem (Stan, Marshall Mathers, The Way I Am, The Real Slim Shady) when you want to relate to someone.

Fun (Some Nights, Light a Roman Candle With Me, Take Your Time) when you want some variety.

And Taylor Swift when you're in the mood for some country music.

I also happen to listen to Opera and Italian/French Music (Andrea Boccelli, Pavarotti, Josh Groban).
    • SirSouth wrote:

I too love to listen to music while playing. I am actually a full time DJ so I listen to just about every genre of music as well. Though while I am pillaging there is nothing like a good hard rock song to get me amped up only to watch the ticker slowly count down.

One of my favorite pillaging songs is...

"A Warrior's Call" by Volbeat

Another good one is by Metallica and its called "Fuel"

Also, "Blood" by In This Moment

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
    • Social Distortion -Ring Of Fire (I do like both versions, but mostly Social Distortion has that rock attitude to the song that makes it really cool in Shaun White Snowboarding)

The current campeign I am making is the Gummy Bear supremacy campaign. We all know they are more important than gummy worms, so why do the worms get more love? Fight the worms, Gummy bears are the higher candy!
      Join my campaign to end the tyranny here!

Ika Mafia
    • ^ ahh love that music, its basically trailer music, not a specific genre.. if I'm not mistaken..
      If you like that kind of music, perhaps you'll also like this:
    • i havent bought a CD in the longest time. Im not a fan of the new 'music' thats out. Everything that is rock is all emo now. Green Day used to be cool before American Idiot.. When September Ends is the defination of Emo, well besides that Fallout Boy junk.

I listen to bands that really dont make new albums or they still do but the bands just sound completely different. Im big into Rock and Classic Rock, and I think Rap and Hip-Hip are just a bunch of grunting and computer effects and such. I remember going to the mall to pick up a hoodie (years ago) and these girls who couldnt be older than 13 are infront of me singing that song, Get your Eagle on Girl. I dont know the actual name of the song but I found it very disturbing.. I dont even think they know what it means... I con tolerate alot of music but rap and country I cant.

Anyone heres a list of songs off the top of my head. There good songs too! Some might just be older than you, but Im sure youve heard them (car commercials, lol).

Michael Jackson - Thriller
      Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
      CCR - Fortunate son
      Rolling Stones - Paint it Black
      Pearl Jam - Black
      Oasis - Champagne Supernova
      Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline
      Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People
      Tool - Sober
      The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright
      Metallica - Turn the Page
      Pink Floyd - Wish you were here
      Incubus - Pardon Me
      Fear Factory - Invisible Wounds (Dark Bodies)
      Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
      Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
      Linking Park - Breaking the Habit
      Marvin Gaye - He has ALOT of great songs
      Bob Dylan - These times are a Changin' ( I cant listen to much Bob Dylan though, because he sounds like he had a stroke in his songs, lol)
      Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
      Jimi Hendrix - All along the Watchtower
      the Eagles - Hotel California
      Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit
      The Beatles - Strawberry Fields forever
    • Go die in a fire. :D :D :D

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CrackV ().

• ..... I think you need to see a doctor ^^

Carter Kane wrote:

Um.. No.. You forgot the BEST band in the world!!

Little Things

One Thing

What Makes You Beautiful

Live While We're Young

And more...
      ............................................________
      ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
      .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
      .........................,/...............................................":,
      .....................,?......................................................,
      .................../...........................................................,}
      ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
      .............../...................................................,:"........./
      ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
      ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
      .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
      ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
      ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
      ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
      ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
      ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
      .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
      ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
      .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
      ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
      ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
      .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
      ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
    • Surprise to see a man that loves 1D?

They are WAY better than any other singer in the world.

And Im sure that there are many people here that afraid to admit it..

And 'King Anarchy', I think U need to see a doctor, that will help u to admit that youre LOVE the band..

╔══╗
      ╚╗╔╝
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯)
      ╚══`.¸.[1D]
    • You want the singer with the most raw power in our modern culture? Adelle. She has a set of lungs that you CAN'T match. But, the best singer altogether is Adam Levine.

One More Night
      The current campeign I am making is the Gummy Bear supremacy campaign. We all know they are more important than gummy worms, so why do the worms get more love? Fight the worms, Gummy bears are the higher candy!
      Join my campaign to end the tyranny here!

Ika Mafia