DOW: Flaming Arrows (FLARE) vs. Dominion Order (DOMO)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

  • DOW: Flaming Arrows (FLARE) vs. Dominion Order (DOMO)

    My name is Twinidad, and as the leader of the FLARE alliance we have decided to declare war on the alliance known as Dominion Order (DOMO). We are looking to expand our borders and have decided to go to war with the DOMO alliance with the following terms. Whoever loses the war will merge with the winning alliance and the losing alliance will be no longer. If you are willing to give up please contact our diplomat and or me and we'll discuss the merging process. Otherwise good luck to all.

    War is being declared at 25.11.2012 03:00:00 Server Time


    War shall end when alliances have decided to end it.
  • I have seen this before about alliances declaring a DOW to force the other team to join them. You will not get any loyal members out of this and they can simply disband and join another team. I do like the fact that you offered your alliance to merge with them if you lose. Well... good luck to both!
  • The Dominion Order's War Anthem

    Do you hear the beating of the marching drums
    As sounds of war have come at last
    And with eager hearts do feel the thrum
    of the blacksmiths' ringing forges fast

    A call to arms! A call to mast!
    Our fleets and armies we must gather
    To heed the call of war at last
    And fight for freedom, our true master

    Take the sword, the spear, and hefty shield
    And let the dreadful arrows bring to bear
    For our lands and love we shall never yield
    Test our mettle they shall never dare

    Crack the shield and splinter wood
    But never less, fight against the horde
    For one day remember we had bravely stood
    To pay for freedom's price, in full we could afford!
  • Question.
    Flare declared this war on DOMO. Now they are asking for help?

    Quoted from Avatar-Bro (Comes from the Fun War Dow).

    I'm so angry i was helping FLARE alliance and had to choose between to disband my whole navy or all the 20k of spearmen and 3k slingers i made :(
    So i decided to desband them and keep the navy,some part of which i still lost due to no gold. I do not want to participate anymore. It will take me so much time to make the same amouth of "army" so sorry i'm going to scip this. I really wanted to participate but tough luck for me. I'd rather help FLARE in their war then to go to my own benefit.
    I'm Great
  • strider wrote:

    Cσℓву210є wrote:

    Question.
    Flare declared this war on DOMO. Now they are asking for help?



    Answer: we did not ask for help, but when friends made on another server are looking for fun on Rho, why would we refuse.


    Ah, this bit again. Well if that's not the common excuse. He didn't portray it as joining Flare to be with friends and be a part of the alliance. He joined to help you guys fight the war.
    Therefore, Flare needs help.
    I'm Great
  • Lool look buddy strider is my general in SIGMA, whether they need help or not this is not your business. In fact talk as much as you want but the politics of every single alliance remains their politics. You can only speculate and nothing more. That's why alliances are there. With their own politics. Whether you like it or not.
    Sure you can put it in your way of saying i am there for help but whether i am there to saty or for help it's up to me to decide not you (as i said you can only speculate). The truth and the fact you can see is that i am indeed kicking some butt even without having forge. And if you wanted to quote so many messages why didn't you quote the one that i said i will leave RHO by the end of this year?
    Have a nice day, or a night, whatever is the time in your country now :P
  • Twinidad wrote:

    My name is Twinidad, and as the leader of the FLARE alliance we have decided to declare war on the alliance known as Dominion Order (DOMO). We are looking to expand our borders and have decided to go to war with the DOMO alliance with the following terms. Whoever loses the war will merge with the winning alliance and the losing alliance will be no longer. If you are willing to give up please contact our diplomat and or me and we'll discuss the merging process. Otherwise good luck to all.

    War is being declared at 25.11.2012 03:00:00 Server Time


    War shall end when alliances have decided to end it.



    this is kinda lame, if they surrender then you acquiring a bunch of lame ducks who will do nothing to help your alliance

    Stupid terms for a stupid idea

    it's how lame alliances turn into big lame alliances
  • jerseymike wrote:

    Twinidad wrote:

    My name is Twinidad, and as the leader of the FLARE alliance we have decided to declare war on the alliance known as Dominion Order (DOMO). We are looking to expand our borders and have decided to go to war with the DOMO alliance with the following terms. Whoever loses the war will merge with the winning alliance and the losing alliance will be no longer. If you are willing to give up please contact our diplomat and or me and we'll discuss the merging process. Otherwise good luck to all.

    War is being declared at 25.11.2012 03:00:00 Server Time


    War shall end when alliances have decided to end it.



    this is kinda lame, if they surrender then you acquiring a bunch of lame ducks who will do nothing to help your alliance

    Stupid terms for a stupid idea

    it's how lame alliances turn into big lame alliances


    I have spoken in the past with DOMO and they do not intend to merge with Flare even if they win. They consider it extra baggage.
  • I don't speak for the alliance as a whole, I bring forward only my personal insight on this matter.

    When Twinidad DOWed on us, I was surprised, but excited.

    Sure, the terms are a bit strange (to put it mildly) and the reasons for the DOW even stranger, but this was an opportunity for the members of my alliance to practice strategy, tactics, and essential micromanagement skills.

    We, in the leadership positions, have been able to put to good use our own past experiences and know-how in the game to help better our members' abilities in playing Ikariam.

    But we have also learned so much. Unit composition, attack, defense, troops and resources movement. We have strived to impart what we are now learning to all of our members.

    Motivation and morale in DOMO is high, so are our cooperation and communication.

    We have learned a great deal and as an alliance have grown closer and stronger because of this war.

    However, in the event that this war ends, DOMO will not merge with FLARE. But who knows? I don't speak for the alliance as a whole, I bring forward only my personal insight on this matter.
  • AVATAR-BRO wrote:

    Lool look buddy strider is my general in SIGMA, whether they need help or not this is not your business. In fact talk as much as you want but the politics of every single alliance remains their politics. You can only speculate and nothing more. That's why alliances are there. With their own politics. Whether you like it or not.
    Sure you can put it in your way of saying i am there for help but whether i am there to saty or for help it's up to me to decide not you (as i said you can only speculate). The truth and the fact you can see is that i am indeed kicking some butt even without having forge. And if you wanted to quote so many messages why didn't you quote the one that i said i will leave RHO by the end of this year?
    Have a nice day, or a night, whatever is the time in your country now :P


    I didn't speculate on anything, I clearly quoted where you said you were HELPING Flare.
    I'm Great
  • eternalking wrote:

    I don't speak for the alliance as a whole, I bring forward only my personal insight on this matter.

    When Twinidad DOWed on us, I was surprised, but excited.

    Sure, the terms are a bit strange (to put it mildly) and the reasons for the DOW even stranger, but this was an opportunity for the members of my alliance to practice strategy, tactics, and essential micromanagement skills.

    We, in the leadership positions, have been able to put to good use our own past experiences and know-how in the game to help better our members' abilities in playing Ikariam.

    But we have also learned so much. Unit composition, attack, defense, troops and resources movement. We have strived to impart what we are now learning to all of our members.

    Motivation and morale in DOMO is high, so are our cooperation and communication.

    We have learned a great deal and as an alliance have grown closer and stronger because of this war.

    However, in the event that this war ends, DOMO will not merge with FLARE. But who knows? I don't speak for the alliance as a whole, I bring forward only my personal insight on this matter.



    yea you never know my Dominion Order friend :)
  • To much hate, if you make the other team loose then why not take the other alliances FIGHTERS. If you think your members and them would not get along then the problem is more than likely you. If you treat opponents with respect while you battling them then it can sometimes start a friendship or a friendly rivalry because you resect one another


    What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Jesse wrote:

    To much hate, if you make the other team loose then why not take the other alliances FIGHTERS. If you think your members and them would not get along then the problem is more than likely you. If you treat opponents with respect while you battling them then it can sometimes start a friendship or a friendly rivalry because you resect one another
    No hate, Jesse, at least not the kind where we lose respect for FLARE. Anger, perhaps, for some of the battles that we've lost, the resources that were taken from us, those kinds of things. Anger's to be expected, because you try your best to prepare your alliance for such an outcome, but the worst can still happen (losing). So we improve our tactics, our approach, and teach our other members. We learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of our opponents. We channel our anger in a productive manner, but we don't make it a personal issue with FLARE. There was an incident akin to disrespect once, but I apologized in behalf of DOMO and it was settled, there hasn't been an incident since.

    To clarify, we don't hate FLARE and we respect them fully. We fight them whenever we can and I freely admit that we've lost battles. But we've also won some, so it evens out (even made it to Hall of Fame, actually). FLARE has some really good players with good sense, militarily speaking.

    Their DOW, however, remains suspect.

    In my last post I said that the terms and the motivations for the terms were strange. Why? It's been stated already by a few individuals here, if you took the time to scroll up and read their responses.

    I concede, though, your point that some of our members may want a merge to occur. It's a fair point, I'll give you that, but have you ever wondered why we are such a small alliance in the length of time that DOMO has existed? Perhaps not, probably because our existence has escaped your notice or has not made a great impact in Rho at large.

    Why this is so, I am not allowed to share.

    Also, I have no problem with FLARE. That you imply that I have a problem with a merge with FLARE because I don't like them is unseemly, because you assume things that are not true and because you do not know both sides of the story. Much like how a spectator may look from the outside a squabble between strangers without really knowing the reasons behind it, you make your observations and try to apply some semblance of critical thinking. But the resulting assumption that is made is insufficient and lacking in data.


    In my last post I stated that despite the suspect nature of FLARE's DOW on DOMO, I welcomed the war with anticipation and excitement because of a lot of things that I won't reiterate here. I admitted that there has been some good to come from this war.


    Last, I am not the problem, Jesse, it's just that there is a combination of factors too many to enumerate and too tedious to explain that affect my belief that a merger between DOMO and FLARE will result in failure. Whether or not this belief is true for all members of DOMO, no one will ever know, except members of the alliance themselves.