DoW : SA vs SIGMA

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Good to see -SA- back in action again.. :thumbsup:

too bad I'm not in this server anymore, or SIGMA alliance will have another headache :D
    "And if that mockingbird don't sing and that ring don't shine
    I'mma break that birdie's neck"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Madare ().

• Glad to help out - however accidental it was :P Still trying to get STARZ to accept responsibility for the garrison rights + damage done etc. Good luck to -SA- as SIGMA leeches my islands too :pump:
  • SIGMA (long message) - Copy from CR thread original

As I said I would, I am here to re-post the long message that I wrote in the CR thread for this war because the nature of such a message seems fit for the DoW thread too. Here is the message I posted in our CR thread, for all to see:

Hello to you all who have taken a part in this war, who have been observing this war from the sidelines, or who have, for whatever random reason, ended up on this thread and are reading this. (A very long "speech" is coming up, so feel free to stop reading here and skip to the bottom of this post or the following posts to start seeing the CRs)

For some time we've been holding on to and compiling a list of significant CRs of good battles we had during this war. Now that the war draws closer to and end (I will explain later), I think it is now time to post them here so that it can be known that we were able to "fight back", or so the phrase goes. So far, and for the most part, this thread has been filled with posts from SA members who had good wins in this war, but up till now there's only been one side of this war posted. Our leader posted the compilation of CRs on our alliance forums and I am now here to post/copy them onto this CR thread.

I would like to thank everyone for this war. To my alliance and those who participated and cooperated in the war effort - thank you and an excellent job to everyone for stepping up the game and putting a bit more time to coordinate in some huge battles that we came to had. To members of SA, thanks for the battles and fun that you brought on for us. This war that was declared not too long ago certainly proved to be a test for the SIGMA alliance - a test for us to see if we could work together in "times of need" and see if we could, as a team, eradicate threats posed against us. The outcome is arguable but regardless any opinions, it is an irrefutable claim that there were very good battles for both alliances of this war. While it was disappointing that many in SIGMA chose to not be active, to not participate, to not care about war and simply go on playing Sim City when our alliance members were under attack, it was heartening to see many others of SIGMA step up, lend a hand, increase communications, and devise and coordinate attack and defense movements.

Thank you to SIGMA, and thanks to SA for provoking us into inner-alliance cooperation. In the end Ikariam is just a game, and wars are part of it; it's meant to build upon the fun-factor of playing this game and I must say, regardless any flaming, trolling, provocative, or otherwise adamant comments and conversations, this war and its battles were fun and I look forward to other such events in the future to come on this server.

Getting back to what I said earlier, our leader Fell4, will no longer be playing on this server, or this game altogether for the time to come. Being encumbered with his studies at the university - with midterms, and finals, and other work to do, he no longer has had the time that he would like to put into this game nor has he felt that he can provide and give to this alliance what he would like to because he has been busier now than before and will only be more busy in days and weeks to come. He has deemed it better to stop playing the game altogether. I thank Fell4 for all his hard work and dedication to our alliance - from day 1 on this server - down to recent times when he finally stated to our alliance that he would like to shift his focus from this game to his studies. Thanks Fell and hope you will play in the future or on another server.

Now that our leader plans to stop, and maybe others too, I have been thinking about it a lot and realize that there is nothing left for me in my alliance. Half of the players (on general estimate) are the type of players that don't care about being active, don't care about the messages they receive or the wars their alliance are in. I would not like to remain in such an alliance. The other half probably have other plans or goals and they are obviously free to do as they please. I thank my alliance - to those who participated and made this server fun up till now. I will leave SIGMA sometime soon (but I will continue playing this server for sure for the foreseeable future) and hope that if the remainder of the players choose to stay, then good luck. If the alliance will be disbanded, then good luck to everyone wherever you end up if you continue playing.

Once again, it's been a quite some war - one that has been fun to participate in at that. Thank you everyone and here is the 1st CR (I will take the next posts to continue to post all the CRs that we have, which Fell4 had been compiling himself since the war started).

I will also re-post this "speech" on the main war discussion thread for SIGMA vs SA after I'm done putting up the CRs.

Tywin
  • Tywin,

Thank you for bringing us up to date as communication with SIGMA was not the easiest. For clarification purposes, is this post to surrender the war?

Thanks for the battles and the war experience, we also learned new things about each other here in SA.

CB
    Diplo of Savage
  • I don't have the "authority" to surrender on behalf of SIGMA. The only one with authority probably already set his sigma account on a crash course (known as setting one's account to be deleted), I think.

I cannot speak for everyone nor can I really tell everyone what to do. I already sent circulars about this, highlighting the fact that there's no point in continuing fighting at this point, especially at recent turn of events. However, I don't think I have any power to stop those random but passionate players who may still want to continue fighting on their own in whatever way they can.

I know that many have stopped but I cannot account for all. And I can only speak for myself in that I no longer plan to take a part in this war that was started a while ago.
  • After the announcement from Tywin about Fell4 there isn't much war left I must admit, I am still waiting on a HUGE CR from one of my members so I can wrap up the damages. We just need to meet one of our requirements of ending the war, which is very close to all 3, haha. Aside from the letter :(
    And yes Jesse, you are apart of the SA alliance, in our hearts. A friend of cinnamon is a friend of mine. (Unfortunately I changed our external page from that temp one that mentioned you and your bath salts experience.)
  • JackTheGame wrote:

After the announcement from Tywin about Fell4 there isn't much war left I must admit, I am still waiting on a HUGE CR from one of my members so I can wrap up the damages. We just need to meet one of our requirements of ending the war, which is very close to all 3, haha. Aside from the letter :(
    And yes Jesse, you are apart of the SA alliance, in our hearts. A friend of cinnamon is a friend of mine. (Unfortunately I changed our external page from that temp one that mentioned you and your bath salts experience.)

I am highly offended now :angry:

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Due to the circumstances in the war right now (AKA half of sigma is gone, their leader quit, etc.) I am calling the the war to an end. Everyone fought well, and I will be posting the final damages in the CR thread later.
    SA won the war.
  • JackTheGame wrote:

Due to the circumstances in the war right now (AKA half of sigma is gone, their leader quit, etc.) I am calling the the war to an end. Everyone fought well, and I will be posting the final damages in the CR thread later.
    SA won the war.
    Congratulations SA! :) haha Sigma will be gone now. :)