Bug or not?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I have noticed (on Tau) that unless you have some kind of presence on an island you won't see any blockades or occupations. So a town might be occupied by another player you go to pillage that town and only find out that the town is occupied when you get there. Is this a bug in the game? Or is this how the game is supposed to be? ?(
    • Yes. It's been this way for a long time on all the servers, not just Tau. You need some sort of connection to an island for you to know what's going on. There are several things that will let you see the ongoing events on an island. Sending spies to the island will let you see as well as allied towns, allied blockades or occupations and I believe having garrison rights also allows you to see.
    • So I could send a pillage to some town and run into a player occupying or blocking that town that my alliance has a peace treaty with. Boom, there goes the peace treaty. What if the biggest mofo on my server is occupying there? I don't see him and I get beaten to a pulp! Damn, I think this should be a bug not a feature in the game.
    • Peace treaties are not dissolved like that, not even announced to diplomats. They are valid for alliance towns only.

In game, like in real life, you cannot see everything outside a close perimeter outside your town. You have to find out by asking someone or sending a spy to find out.
      So, this is not a bug, you have to explore or spy to find out what's happening outside.

• Antikythera wrote:

In game, like in real life, you cannot see everything outside a close perimeter outside your town. You have to find out by asking someone or sending a spy to find out.
      So, this is not a bug, you have to explore or spy to find out what's happening outside.

Exactly. It makes no logical sense for you to know what's going on if you have no connection whatsoever to that island. It just adds another layer of strategy and risk. Plan ahead and check it out or gamble.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bugmeat ().