1 vs 1 Server contest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• 1 vs 1 Server contest

So im thinking of doing a "who is the best gamer per server" thing like a 1 vs 1 round robin deal. where everyone who enters fights another person in sets until 2 are left then they fight for the top prize.

more details to follow but this is what i got so far.

semi final contenders would both get coupons. (big ones)
      anyone is allowed to enter.
      there would be a set maximum for military score
      players would eliminate other by occupying x amount of opponents towns
      winners advance to the next bracket

So what do you all think?

• I'd say no to wonders to make things completely fair. That said, if both opponents have the same wonder, i.e posiden, they can agree to use it to have a mutual benefit of both. But if only one side has it, then it gives them an unfair advantage.

I also don't think it should be based on the number of towns occupied. Especially as one person may have 10 towns all on the same island and their opponent has towns scattered across the map.

It should be based on how much military damage is given.

Also, to not waste loads of resources, I suggest doing 1-2 battles rather than 10 at the same time, and each side gets an equal amount of towns to wave from. No rebuilding until after the 1v1. And yes, there should be a max MS. Enough to have fun, but not take days. Maybe like 35k or something, it also depends on how developed the server is.

Now, that said, screw top player of a server. I'm talking about top fighter of .com. Who's with me? As far as I know I hold the .com record for most combined OP and DP.

No colosuss for sure in this.

Just my 2 cents, but I like this idea.

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. –John Lennon

It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
    • 760k combined
      I think it's the record, but not 100% sure

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. –John Lennon

• ^
      This is all he talks about in RL :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like a good idea, but I know my limits, I may be ok at fighting, but there are greats in all the servers. Sadly this contest would get a lot of noob joining, there should be a nomination process, or applicants to the contest must provide their best CR. That way you don't have to play so many 'round robins'

Some Things Are Better Forgotten

-Original 2009 ViP Delta and DARK Iota Player-

The post was edited 1 time, last by ODST ().

• Suggestions

Just some ideas here...

Player must have reached top 25 OP OR DP if they are going to participate. Some kind of requirement like that would be good.

A 1v1 battle by land and sea for each round robin, based on an agreed amount of ms for each, land and navy. No rebuilding during the 1v1, and whoever deals the most damage wins.

Players move one until the semi finals and finals, I think there should be a gold medal match and bronze medal match, so that the top 3 for each server get an ambro prize of some kind.

Perhaps the winner of each server can move on. On an old server, such as Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma etc, all the winners can play against each other there for the grand finale. Players of that old server can offer their account up to the winners ONLY FOR THE CONTEST who don't have an account on that server, the password will be shared among the 2 players and a mod to avoid account theft. The account will be given back afterwards.

Just some ideas.

I also suggest no wonders.

Speeo

• Ok, so there can be no account sharing, this has potentially very bad outcome. There can be a contest for all the winners on an older server but say they get like 1 month to build an account and then whoever deals the most damage to the other after that time wins for best in .com. Also a requirement is not exactly fair as everyone should be able to participate, the purpose of the contest is to get people interested in ikariam again. Not to only cater to active users.

• While I understand your reasoning, I cant agree with all of it.
      If you give all the best players 1 month to build, it is no longer a matter of who's the best fighter, it's a matter of who has the deepest pockets. Ever since these recent updates, ambro is becoming more and more lopsided. It doesn't feel like a free game anymore. For example, the newest server, Phi, the biggest player is 93.5k points. The 100th place guy is 8.7k. TS of course. That means, the 1st place player is over 10x as big as a TOP 100 player. This server came after all the new updates
      Now look at delta, the biggest or one of the biggest servers in terms of account sizes. Yes theres the new updates here now too, but it hasn't been effecting the server for as long in proportion to how long it's been around. 1st place: 28M TS 100TH place: 7.3M TS. About 4x the size, not 10x. A 7.3M player can easily compete with a 28M player, but a 8.7k player cant compete with a 93.5k player.

If we all start building, the players with the deepest pockets can warp to better islands, upgrade mills/mines with ambro, use ambro to increase their production, use ambro to simply buy resources, and to make more population...more pop = more gold, new town faster etc etc.

The player with the deepest pocket will probably be 10x the size of the player with the smallest pocket of money.

Not to mention, many units wont be researched/upgraded, not giving a true value of who's the best at fighting. Everything needs to be equal to measure talent.

Pre-existing accounts offer much more promise.

I see your requirement problem, and understand. I guess that makes sense, it'll just make this a lot longer.

• Thanks bud

• The Details This Thread Is Currently Lacking

Hey guys I have an idea that may respark the discussion

Would it be possible to create 2 accounts, get GF to fill them to the max with ambrosia, and then get admins or trusted people to warp those towns to say a sulfur forge in the middle of nowhere and use the ambro to build it to 200k or so?

Then it could be a sudden death kind of competetion where each player gets a week to build up a millitary and a week to inflict the most damage as possible.This would only work if both accounts were on the same islands and had the same amount of towns (example: 3 sulfur, 2wine, 1marble, 1crystal) and had the same UPGRADES. After the 2 weeks players could give back the account and admins or trusted players could go in and do housekeeping (fire millitaries, replenish gold stocks and equal out TS) and then after a few weeks the next 2 fighters would be given the accounts. Obviously this would take a long time if there were a lot of contestents, however I am also proposing a system to cut these down:

A possible contestent would make a thread stating their ikariam background and why they wish to enter the competetion. In the same post they would have to include their 3 best CRs they could find. As well as proof that they were at one point in the top 50 OP or DP

Next 3 different players not going for the competetion would have to post supporting this fighter. To make these vouches valid each supporter would have to post their best CR as well.

A thread would look this this(I will not be actually applying for this event, sry guys):

ODST's Fighter Application

Hello I am ODST and I wish to join this contest because I believe I am the best Ikariam fighter of all time (lol not rly true)
      ScreenshotOfTop50OpInDelta.com

CR 1:
      ODST from Example
      Example from Example
      --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      Offenive points: 9001 Defensive Points: 1337

CR 2:
      ODST from Example2
      Example from Example2
      Offenive points: 4940 Defensive Points: 5

CR 3:
      ODST from Example3
      Example from Example3
      Offenive points: 45654 Defensive Points: 420

-------------------------------------------
      Then the supports:
      Speeo: ODST is a awesome guy and he'll win

CR 1:
      Speeo from Speedo
      Example from Example
      Offenive points: 45654456787654 Defensive Points: 420765

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Then 2 other people like Chuck Norris (<3) and Black Magicain would state my awesomeness and would also provide their CRs(I guess Chuck was a bad example cause he doesn't have any :P ) and then my application could be reviewed by Buffalo and friends and accepted or denied. Of couse this is a lot of work, so support posts could be lessened from a minimum of 3 to a minimum of 2 or 1.

That is my proposal on how to actually get this event to happen. I would gladly help organize it (without pay of course) and monitor it alongside Buffalo if need be. This thread is kinda dying and the original idea is fantastic, however we need to get the ball rolling. Please throw in your feedback and any suggestions as well below.

Some Things Are Better Forgotten

-Original 2009 ViP Delta and DARK Iota Player-

The post was edited 3 times, last by ODST: Spelling XD I'm brutal ().