Aliance Chat

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alliance Chat Alert

Adding the alliance chat and forums has proved immeasurably useful, but...

I think it would be useful (beyond convenience) for players to be alerted in some form of other members in the chat. The inability to "pop-out" the chat box (another suggestion?) forces most players to open-close the chat box in order to see most of the interface, this also means that most members are not "in" the chat when online. Maybe simply flashing the link.. or placing a count of people in the chatbox so other could see if anyone's online

ie : Alliance Chat (3)

my 2 cents
    • maybe a little box appears on the top right of the screen telling you there is a new post on the forum, or a new message on the chat by "insert player name here"
      Also maybe add an option to disable or enable this, if someone is busy and does not want to be disturbed
      Interesting idea

The post was edited 4 times, last by Basel_93 ().

• umm... no.

People already complain about how slow this game is and how long it takes to load whatever adding this will take a lot of unnecessary space and would not be worth it not to mention the users that use their phones. This would do much more harm than good.

Zero.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • You can put all the lipstick you want on that pig but when it comes time to pucker up you're still kissing a pig.

Until they actually make the chat worthwhile to use (i.e. pop out option, or built into the game screen as opposed to an ugly block that covers my game) I will vote against any other enhancements to it.
    • I like the alliance chat function. You can't assume everyone has some epic computer, and having to use another tab for a chat function doesn't seem necessary when it's sitting right there. I do agree with Bugmeat that it should just be on the left side of the browser itself. I mean, they don't even put up advertising on that side, it's just wasted space....

You can shrink it to where it doesn't obstruct as much of the windows though.
    • Allince Chat

With the Move from the allince Chat from the top to over the friends list, it looks like something that is supposed to light up

so what i purpose is when every some 1 sends a mssg it should light up to inform people that chatter is happening there, it will make people not have to keep it open at all times and checking for no reason
    • What if, the background just lights up if someone posted something in the chat? I think it will not be much of a pain for lag ir it just acts like the Town, Military, Research, and Diplomacy advisers.

Edit: Apologies, I haven't read it but just like what kylenatory said. :lolbash:

The post was edited 1 time, last by archon ().

• this would be nice to have implemented the way kylenatory has stated. also along with the alliance chat, could do something to let members know when there has been a new post made in the alliance sub-forums as well?
    • Alliance Chat notification!

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been brought up anywhere. I have a small suggestion that would greatly improved the Alliance Chat feature.
      I've found the Alliance Chat feature the best in-game communication, with only one big short-coming - the lack of live notification. The icon above the friend bar appears the same, no matter how many messages have been posted on the "chat room". It'd require a little tweak just to make that button light up (like the diplomatic advisor face) when there are new messages. To make it even more useful, a small number could appear to show how many messages have been posted since the last time you opened that window.
      Communication in the game is pretty important, especially when we need to build more active alliances -a great attraction to Ikariam. I hope this idea will be vetted though, and show its promises!
    • I like the idea, even though my alliance doesn't really use chat. In
      times of conflict and in need of quick communication, who knows/ even we
      might use it. But i really don't want to check it (if i'm using it)
      just to see if a got a message every 5 minutes are so. We really need
      this implemented.

@bamcbix be optimistic for once. Also, i'm
      pretty sure that the mobile version would run on 4.5, and its just a
      small notification. If they have to, the town adviser would turn on (;D)
      and notify that the chat thing is actually being used. They would
      probably notify the adviser for ever 7 minutes are so. Or, the chat
      button could just glow.
    • Okay, now you just annoy me. If you're going to tell me to be optimistic, give me a bloody reason and oh yea, TRY not to drag me back in here from... Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 11:06am. I gave my opinions and their is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR THEM TO CHANGE. WHY???? Because this idea is a piece of crap, its useless and it does not improve the game.

For the rest of your comment not only would that be annoying, thats just stupid.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• Well, i'm not going to take that personal. First of all, i think its a great idea if the chat button glows when ever there is a new update. Otherwise, we would have to check it like every 5 minutes. And, yeah, probably not the town adviser, but if the chat button glows, thats a good improvement. Well, each to his own opinion. Anyway, whats up with the language? Just a suggestion, you don't have to insult other people's ideas. And if there is an alliance chat, i do believe that it does improve the game. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it can't be implemented. What i just realized right now, is that its is kind of hard to speak sense into a tough critic who comments about everything in the suggestion forums. I never seen you give higher than a 0. Maybe we should include a poll, to see how many players like this part of implementation.

@bamcbix, being optimistic is just an advice. Don't take it too seriously.
    • -_-'

Well, i'm not going to take that personal. Well thats good, I'd hope you didn't since I didn't get personal. First of all, i think its a great idea if the chat button glows when ever there is a new update Cool bro, I think you've stated that. You havent given a REASON that it'd ACTUALLY be of use but thats fine, I don't expect much from most of the people that post in this section.. Otherwise, we would have to check it like every 5 minutes Otherwise we'd have to use our brains and use a chat/REAL forums that actually work... interesting.. A
      nd, yeah, probably not the town adviser, but if the chat button glows wastes a LOT of space to code this and also cause a huge deal of lag for everybody... hmm... sounding like a broken record., thats a good improvement :facepalm:. Well, each to his own opinion. Anyway, whats up with the language quite sure its English.? Just a suggestion, you don't have to insult other people's ideas Just a suggestion - you don't have to read my posts if you don't want to, Thats how I am, thats what most of these ideas deserve, live with it or without it.. And if there is an alliance chat what'dya know, their is one., i do believe that it does improve the game Its great that you think that, it doesnt.. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it can't be implemented Two forms of logic exist right here.... I don't like it and most of the things I don't like TYPICALLY they don't make it to Step Two... interesting... Other way to see it is Just because you like it doesn't mean its going to be implemented.. What i just realized right now, is that its is kind of hard to speak sense into a tough critic who comments about everything in the suggestion forums Not everything, most of the crap that exists here and hell, that'd make sense since mit is in my title.. I never seen you give higher than a 0 Clearly you havent looked hard.. Maybe we should include a poll, to see how many players like this part of implementation. Or see how many don't like it. You'd be surprised but then again, would you really?

@bamcbix, The rest of it wasn't @ bamcbix????? being optimistic is just an advice Heres my advise - be pessimistic. . Don't take it too seriously. u2 bro

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• far as it causing "lag" to light up the alliance chat..does it lag you when your town advisor lights up? or your military tab lights up? no(unless you're in the old ages still using Dial-Up connection), so this would NOT be any different. and far as being alot of code to implement...no it wouldn't be. i dont know if you understand scripting or html coding or ajax...but it is quite simple to make something flash or highlight when an event takes place(such as new messages)

quit being such a critic and think about it instead of automatically giving a 0 just because it does not suit YOU. others deem that this would be very useful. i, for one, being one of those. it is really quite simple to implement and would not have any adverse effect on the game whatsoever.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BossPlayer ().

• Thanks, I understand how to code, script etc. I also understand that to make it work like that, you're going to have to change the chat completely which is going to eat space. You're not thinking about the whole thing, just as how it currently sits. It would be impossible to leave it as it currently sits.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• bamcbix wrote:

Thanks, I understand how to code, script etc. I also understand that to make it work like that, you're going to have to change the chat completely which is going to eat space. You're not thinking about the whole thing, just as how it currently sits. It would be impossible to leave it as it currently sits.

not necessarily. a simple highlight function could be introduced on the text Alliance Chat which would flash when new messages were posted. i dont see where they would have to implement any additional features. use an ajax function to checc for new messages and use a simple highlight function to highlight the text when one is posted. that would be my way of going about it anyways. sure it could be done other ways but i think that would be the simplest way to get it done without causing too much load.
    • BossPlayer wrote:

bamcbix wrote:

Thanks, I understand how to code, script etc. I also understand that to make it work like that, you're going to have to change the chat completely which is going to eat space. You're not thinking about the whole thing, just as how it currently sits. It would be impossible to leave it as it currently sits.

not necessarily. a simple highlight function could be introduced on the text Alliance Chat which would flash when new messages were posted. i dont see where they would have to implement any additional features. use an ajax function to checc for new messages and use a simple highlight function to highlight the text when one is posted. that would be my way of going about it anyways. sure it could be done other ways but i think that would be the simplest way to get it done without causing too much load.

I like this guy. Anyhow, maybe we could ask the game admins of the difficulties of implementing this instead of assuming this.
    • They wouldnt add in the flash like that because the chat is ~ 1 cm, it'd be a useless feature to add in that way and that is why they would add it in one of the MANY possible other ways. You can ask an admin, they won't know.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote: