The Military History of ITALY: Part I

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• The Military History of ITALY: Part I

Let history serve as prologue for the future. Compliments of Wikipedia. The bold serves as my editorial comment comparing Italy's true history with ITALY's in-game aspirations.

"The participation of Italy in the Second World War was characterized by a complex framework of ideology, politics and diplomacy, in which its military history took place often heavily influenced by external factors. The imperial ambitions of the Fascist regime, which aspired to restore a "Roman Empire" in the Mediterranean (Mare Nostrum), soon shattered as poor military planning caused defeats in Greece and East and North Africa. Italy quickly became a satellite of {Censored "N" word} Germany, until in 1943 dictator Benito Mussolini was ousted and arrested by order of King Victor Emmanuel III, originating a long civil war. The northern half of the country was occupied by Germans and made a collaborationist puppet state (with more than 600,000 soldiers), while the south was governed by monarchist and liberal forces, which fought for the Allied cause in the Italian Co-Belligerent Army (at its height numbering more than 50,000 men), helped by circa 350,000[1] partisans of disparate political ideologies that operated all over occupied Italy."
  • for all the american

ROMAN EMPIRE

ignorant, learn and obey, without us you will still you wash the river as well as various inventions, such as the concrete and the aqueduct, you Americans without our history that imitated the monuments in your town fake and no history

kiss my ass and bow down to 2000 years of history

stupid monkeys

The post was edited 2 times, last by ermannohrc ().

• Even before the Greeks peoples in the Middle Ease used aqueducts and underground tunnels to carry water for irrigation and for city supply as a means of defense against siege. Primitive cultures in America also used aqueducts, possibly before the Greek civilization did.

suck on that ermannohrc
  • gosthrider wrote:

I remember that is a game and us Italian we are few against 2 big alliances.
    the cowards you are you

Which two alliances might you be referring to? WLS and NR? Your conflict with WLS should have nothing to do with WLSA. Your leadership has failed to engage in diplomacy offered by WLSA to try to resolve the matter. From my perspective as a member of WLSA, this makes you the aggressor due to ITALY's continuous attacks against small players in an alliance uninvolved in your other skirmishes.

I sense your profound appreciation for the history lesson I have provided. And it further encourages me to continue to educate you. Please stay tuned.
  • lol hey kryo stop whining about WLSa getting attacked during a conflict , its just the way things go on alpha , its also called collateral damage , your noobs just happen to be in the way and will just have to suck it up and take it , after all who can stop the mighty ROMANS lol lol :)
  • King Kryo wrote:

Let history serve as prologue for the future. Compliments of Wikipedia. The bold serves as my editorial comment comparing Italy's true history with ITALY's in-game aspirations.

Sorry Kryo..I would say there is no possible comparison at all between Italy's military history and the alliance known as Italy on Alpha. You actually have to want to fight and move forward TOWARDS the battles going on in the server, not put on your Nike's and hit the v mode button

:beer:

gosthrider wrote:

I remember that is a game and us Italian we are few against 2 big alliances.
    the cowards you are you

Perhaps if Italy did not go poking a stick at those alliances they would not have the problems they are having now
    SO I guess the quote below no longer rings true.

Spalla wrote:

Today, the little Italy is proud to fight versus many different
    alliances because we think that in many people is more fun ... so if
    anyone is interested in fighting alongside Italy or against Italy will
    be welcome because........everybody is more fun :thumbsup:

I open this thread also to give the opportunity to all those who are having fun on the battlefield to be able to post their CR.

Spalla
    Italy's Diplomat

:stick:

ermannohrc wrote:

ROMAN EMPIRE

ignorant, learn and obey, without us you will still you wash the river as well as various inventions, such as the concrete and the aqueduct, you Americans without our history that imitated the monuments in your town fake and no history

kiss my ass and bow down to 2000 years of history

stupid monkeys

So the Greeks,Carthaginians,Egyptians, Persians, Babylonians, Celts..Etc... etc... etc..
    Offered and passed down nothing to your culture when you were just a minor tribe camping out by the Tiber

Try proving yourselves on Alpha and not just living in the past

:havecookie:
    Help Keep the Laughter in Slaughter

• Please refrain from creating threads intended to troll another alliance (or player), especially ones that can be mistaken for something much more serious, such as belittling one's nationality. You can, however, create threads discussing the ingame actions of players and/or alliances, as long as it is clearly known that that's what is being discussed.