How it is legal to sit on a players town until they skype with you

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• How it is legal to sit on a players town until they skype with you

Yes the great Madam Rue and other GOs seem it fair for a player to attack another player and sit and block there towns until the players demands are reached one being of which your skype address and to skype them. I`f this happens to you don`t bother with her or other GOs as they seem it is part of the game to force players into giving up there personal information to others in order not to be attacked by players 3-5 times your size that have no reason to attack you other then they need some sort of human connection. I said to Madam Rue i would create this thread to create awareness as GOs could care less about our personal information and trust me they don`t. :grumble:

So basically do not report as it is falling on deaf naive ears that could care less, here lets ask a GO there actually name we our suppose to give all our info out Madam Rue who are you whats your skype address and other GOs whats your skype address

The post was edited 2 times, last by Wildberry ().

• Madam Rue hasn't been a GO here in a couple of months, this might be why she isn't responding to your requests for help. ;)

So yes, I do wholeheartedly agree. If you need help, do not bother Madam Rue because she does not have to care. I would recommend using the ticket system where you will reach all staff for your given world rather than sending queries to random players. :)

One account to rule them all.
  • @ Wildberry - you do not have to give personal information out if you choose not to do so...

Maybe I can get you some help...would you PM me via the boards and tell me what server you are playing?

automeris wrote:

And I will tell you, I bet most of the people who have left, and many staying including myself, will NEVER try out another gameforge game. I have already looked at games on the web and just closed the browser window when I saw that GF was involved. One experience with this management style is enough for a lifetime.

• I do want to thank my friend for helping me with this issue. As I am the one who is getting bulled in the game by XxDxX on Eta.

As he wants me to skype him, to get him to stop his attacks on me. and he also said that it is not negotiable.
    I wish that I could share his message on here, but I can't.

Even his Alliance TBO is not helping, and they believe every thing he says, when most of it not even true.

Thank you WildBerry for all your help and with getting this started here on the board.
  • We've informed you how you need to go about resolving this. Please use that method to report anyone asking you for your personal information in exchange for extortion. We don't allow cheating accusations without proof on the boards, and this also needs further corroboration of proof. Please open a ticket or come to irc support if you need assistance.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • Re: How it is legal to sit on a players town until they skype with you

Hi, sorry for re-opening a closed thread but I thought a one-sided account shouldn't be aired publicly on its own.

dragonlady wrote:
    I do want to thank my friend for helping me with this issue. As I am the one who is getting bulled in the game by XxDxX on Eta.

As he wants me to skype him, to get him to stop his attacks on me. and he also said that it is not negotiable.
    I wish that I could share his message on here, but I can't.

Even his Alliance TBO is not helping, and they believe every thing he says, when most of it not even true.

The issue between you and dan is between players. We've treated it as such, a 1v1. You guys have been fighting for a while now, to the point where you have had many people from your alliance assist you. I think as many as eight players on your side and 1v3 on some occasions. No one is complaining about this, it's just that it's surprising to hear about being kept down when you have as many as eight players assisting you versus one. We hear things about people taking this conflict to other worlds, we see you and members of your alliance conversing with an enemy of ours in game, and there is an occasional muti-attack on dan. That's what we see.

Whether dan's history with you is being dishonestly reported as you say is not really relevant to the alliance -- that's an issue between you two. However, it's very rare that the person claiming 100% falsehood is telling the whole truth :), especially in a conflict motivated by past interactions like this one.

About skype, no one is going to force you to skype. Dan suggested this because it seemed to him that communications with you in-game were suffering from finger-in-ear syndrome and he was feeling frustrated. He made it a condition in his talks with you in the same sense that "quitting the game" or "alliance disbands" are made as conditions to end a war. What he really wants is for you to have an honest conversation instead of running from past issues, that's all.

As far as I know, this issue was only brought up to the alliance level in the last two days. At least, that is the date on messages from you to our diplomat that I have seen. In the end, there is no sense in beating on someone who has had enough; that's always our position. Just let the wheels turn and the things in motion play out.
  • How it is legal to sit on a players town until they skype with you? - Continued

*Snipped*

In response to WildBerry's question "How it is legal to sit on a players town until they skype with you?", I believe this is why:
    MMORG's, such as Ikariam, may be required to have a rule or policy against grieving. It does not mean the rule or policy MUST be enforced by the company.
    We all know GF has their "bashig rule" and haven't enforced it for years.
    I know, from anecdotal evidence, a good friend regularly bashed accounts and never received a ban. The burden of proof WAS placed on the victim despite posts to the contrary by BAd's here on the Board.

With all that said, onto providing helpful suggestions as I am pretty damn sure a thread would not have been started on the Board if the ticket system had not already been used.

I suggest that the OP of the original thread message this section's Moderator, Medea, to reopen it until the matter is resolved to their satisfaction. If the MOD refuses to do the job, please send me a pm on the Board with the documention. I feel it IS important for community members to learn how to deal with GF in getting them to responsibly handle grieving issues.

I suggest both of you document, document, document. These and all criminals hate papertrails.

If you continue to get the run-around from GF as I did you start by:

Filing a BBB complaint against the company hosting GF servers in the U.S. to apply some additional outside pressure bbb.org/south-east-florida/bus…23009358/file-a-complaint
    (Please note on the first page you will select: business's privacy policy or practices. This is for permitting a business(GameForge) to operate on its servers with blatant disregard for consumer privacy and protection.).

You file a complaint against GF itself by selecting No to the question: Is the business in the United States or Canada? on the BBB website. You will be taken to: econsumer.gov/ . Please note Germany is NOT a member country(econsumer.gov/english/members/overview.shtm). Little, if anything, may come of this complaint. Select other in both fields describing "your transaction". You will be given the opportunity to write 45 lines in the Additional Comments section. I suggest the following:
    The GO's of this business permit users to grieve and extort personal contact information from other users while ignoring properly filed complaints with said business.

You make formal a complaint with your state's Attorney General's Office(most allow you to file online complaints and laws are catching up to cyberbullies). Make a formal complaint with Florida's Attorney General's Office against the company hosting GF servers in the U.S.

Finally, please do all of the following:
    Cease all contact(pm's and military) with the criminal. He will probably continue his grieving efforts until he runs out of gold or gets bored and while GF rests on their tails.
    Go to board.us.ikariam.gameforge.com…category=settings.privacy : Set Visibility for nobody and check ALL boxes listed except the last two.

Best wishes,
    Aeolus

P.S. I testify, from my own experience, I had gotten the same kind of disregard from GameForge GO's through the ticket system. Their folly has cost them $3000.00 in lost revenue from me in the last 1.5 years.
    P.S.S. I am not too shocked GF personnel haven't been proactive in removing the quote in the signature since he is a member of the Alliance who did purposefully use Ikariam to cause me harm. I certainly hope you survive without having to quit the server too.

Warned for Trolling. Trolling another person on the board is not allowed. If you have an issue with one of the teamlers, please use support system. This thread will be closed, and any attempts to reopen threads on this issue will result in more warnings. - Ryelle
    KAPZ will not stop until the whole of Alpha is free from BP Piracy rules. This is a matter of principles. It is up to BP to stop imposing their unfair rules which they don't follow.