Player Search Tool

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Player Search Tool

This may have been rejected in the past and against the rules as usual to use any search sites to find player coordinates, but I would love to see it reconsidered. Many other browser games allow anyone to view all the cities of an individual player and their locations along with links right to their location. Ikariam prospers in times of war and conflicts. Making those wars and conflicts easier to conduct would be good for business.

And now just some good ol' fashion venting that can be ignored:
      There is nothing worse than trying to find out where to find the enemies. For a part war game, they make everything VERY difficult to do so. I really wish they would consider that making wars more pleasurable means more money for them. Everytime our alliance goes to war, I see people warping towns at least weekly, if not daily - that is a lot of quick ambrosia being used. But wars get old because of all the antics the game itself has deployed. V mode has no repercussions, colossus can be used almost every big battle scattering things for days, and when u finally get back to area to fight again, they just use it over and over again. I lose millions of gold just being scattered or traveling in this very slow game. And even just to find players locations for piracy or in the world can take so much time and patience, it is ridiculous.

I wish SOMEONE would get hired that sees the true potential the game has and finds the means to make things happen. Not just lame updates every 6 months that barely do anything to keep old players in the game.

Signature by me
    • I'll enable this for discussion - but as you mentioned a database of player coords is not exactly within the scope of the rules. However, most people don't realize this is not due "Oh nos the poor noobs will be found and destroyed" but rather one of server load (people constantly querying the database to find where another user is). Illegal bots that do this actually cause server lag. That being said it might also be duplicating the ingame spy function which if you know one colony of a player - you can spy out their other coordinates, and giving that information away without effort.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • It's a strategy game where you need to use many other things / skills to find enemies... just use your brain and don't ask to make game so easy with search tool or database.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • You say that there's no easy way to find a player's coordinates without using an outside database? Well there is. Get 11 diplomacy points and you can make garrison rights request treaties. As soon as you offer it, you are given a link to the city you have requested GR in. If you cannot make a GR request, either you are too small to be going as far as you'd be going or you are taking on a target too small.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • The game would become too easy and will get boring very quickly....and like it was said before, it will be a nightmare for small players to get raided everyday
    • Kaleg Nar wrote:

You say that there's no easy way to find a player's coordinates without using an outside database? Well there is. Get 11 diplomacy points and you can make garrison rights request treaties. As soon as you offer it, you are given a link to the city you have requested GR in. If you cannot make a GR request, either you are too small to be going as far as you'd be going or you are taking on a target too small.
      Thanks bro, for teaching me. Now tell me how to find who are the players in an alliance, other than going page by page in the highscores.
    • I actually agree and disagree with this. It would make it easier to search for inactive towns to pillage them, some are actually very well protected against spies. But as it has been pointed out earlier, there is a spy mission for that. If they did implement this, it should be for inactives only, as it could make it very hard for smaller players.
      Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill thousands of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill millions of men and you are a hero. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    • I think I would give this a 2. It would take a lot of the strategy out of the game, and make it hell on smaller players. If they wanted to implement it for inactives, fine, but if not, fine. For the inactives I couldn't get a spy in, I just pillaged them anyway. They already show you the military score of players by clicking on their towns, just use your head when attacking them.
      Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill thousands of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill millions of men and you are a hero. Kill them all, and you are a god.