The New CR Converter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• The New CR Converter

I am proud to say that we have a CR Converter. It is made by holyschmidt but luckily I had the files and had some friends who helped me upload the cr converter up (Svana/DogOfWar).

The link is here:
      ghostalliance.com
      There are video tutorials which holyschmidt made which tells you how to use it. It is probably outdated but I will tell you how to use it.

Basically, in a nutshell, open your bookmark manager/toolbar in your browser. Then at the bottom of the page (ghostalliance.com) you'll see a small button under the heading (converter bookmark) called "Convert Report." Just drag that bookmark into your bookmark manager/toolbar.

Then go to your CR Report. Then go and press the bookmark you just made. You'll see some source code appear in a new tab. Copy this source code (ctrl+a and ctrl+c) and paste it into the textbox (ctrl+v) at ghostalliance.com. Then just press convert report. There should be your Combat Report.

I hope you enjoy it, and bugs, questions or feedback are appreciated can can be put into this thread.

The CR Converter is holyschmidt's and he is credited in the about section.

Thank you Carter & Crosswind

There's a difference between bravery and stupidity - Cookie Monster
      With a bit of creativity there is always another option - Cookie Monster
      You can get beginners luck, but the rest is all you - Cookie Monster

Visit the Fan Art Section
    • works exactly like holyschmidts converter.

If I remember correctly, the inbuilt one doesn't use damage, while this one does, which has pissed off many people.

• Seems like a lot of work to just get damage totals. It would be easier to just multiply the MS loss by 50 then do all this cutting and pasting.

btw - don't forget to include the new spartan unit... ikr.
      Do Not Disturb My Circles
    • les537 wrote:

Seems like a lot of work to just get damage totals. It would be easier to just multiply the MS loss by 50 then do all this cutting and pasting.

btw - don't forget to include the new spartan unit... ikr.

Many people may disagree. If you don't wanna use, don't use!!!

You only make the bookmark once, and then you just only copy and paste once.

• Glad to see the old CR converter back up :D

It makes wars much easier, the last war I was in was just not quite the same without it.
      I'd like to see this be made into an app also, It could possibly help with people participating in wars on their phones.
      I may make this a project of mine ;)
    • Handsome-Jack wrote:

Glad to see the old CR converter back up :D

It makes wars much easier, the last war I was in was just not quite the same without it.
      I'd like to see this be made into an app also, It could possibly help with people participating in wars on their phones.
      I may make this a project of mine ;)

Yes that would be helpful.
      Although we do have someone who is trying to improve the cr converter, not sure if he started improving it though...

• Handsome Jack...

that would be AWESOME - please do and if you need something for it...feel free to send me a PM

automeris wrote:

And I will tell you, I bet most of the people who have left, and many staying including myself, will NEVER try out another gameforge game. I have already looked at games on the web and just closed the browser window when I saw that GF was involved. One experience with this management style is enough for a lifetime.

• If I did it with HTML/JavaScript it wouldn't be difficult, I have never made a fully functional app before, but for this I am ambitious to try. I am currently trying to get a better working desktop to be able to develop it. If anybody has experience with making HTML or Java based apps a PM would be appreciated :)
      I think I would try to make it for Windows phone first and go on from there, if I can help it will be completely free as well.

And hopefully in the near future something can be released :D
    • ImperialUser wrote:

Change - The combat report converter now displays how many resources were destroyed in battle.
      Well your CR converter had a good run, until you can offer something different. :P

I find it ironic that GF finally brings out a converter to do what we've been asking for for years only AFTER the players come up with a way to do it themselves.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • IU - rah rah rah there. I know - everything that GF does is great and good because they made the game. Happy now?

I feel that they don't play the game to its fullest potential and I think you don't either. BUT if that is how you want to play then more power to you.

I am hopeful that this will be a move in the right direction.

It doesn't surprise me that when someone tweaks it - then THEY fix it. What escapes me - is WHY didn't they add the damages to the in-game CR converter in the first place? Why did we have to complain and moan and then do*50 + resources taken to get the damages?

or as what ended up happening is that we had to beg someone to find the file (thanks Cookie ) and then find some where to host it.

But the plus is at least this way they stopped us from having to spend hours to make the script...cause I asked someone(s) to work on that problem too. (if this one sucks as badly as the current one - then I will beg them to continue working on it)

Damages are more important then green or red crs.

automeris wrote:

And I will tell you, I bet most of the people who have left, and many staying including myself, will NEVER try out another gameforge game. I have already looked at games on the web and just closed the browser window when I saw that GF was involved. One experience with this management style is enough for a lifetime.